• Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisN)
    What type of page are you seeing this on? Please could you give us a link
    It seems to be a forum page, this one in particular:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Just checking that is right?
    On a web browser yeah Also, I didn't get the quote notification for this too.

EDIT: Notifications are definitely broken. I've just been quoted into somewhere else and didn't receive it.

ChrisN

ReputationRep:
    I want to hear about anything that even mildly frustrates you with your use of TSR...from a tech perspective...

Anything not work how it used to? Anything tricky/irritating to use that means you post less/stay on the site less than you might?

Let's make this baby gleam
    Not getting all notifs
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be a forum page, this one in particular:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=171

Just checking that is right?
    Says no replies, when there has been

ReputationRep:
    Please could you do a screengrab for us
    Sure. Name:  update email.png
Views: 112
Size:  118.8 KBAttachment 577350577352

Edit: It says
    " Hello tangotangopapa2. We've received a notification from your email provider that you would not like to receive emails from us. As such, we will no longer email you except for important account updates (e.g. a password reset).

If you want to receive email again, just enter your present password below and then save changes. You can also change your email address if you like, and we'll get our records updated as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. "

But I have done this many times and problem persists.
    Attached Images

• TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tangotangopapa2)
    Sure. Name:  update email.png
Views: 112
Size:  118.8 KBAttachment 577350577352

Edit: It says
    " Hello tangotangopapa2. We've received a notification from your email provider that you would not like to receive emails from us. As such, we will no longer email you except for important account updates (e.g. a password reset).

If you want to receive email again, just enter your present password below and then save changes. You can also change your email address if you like, and we'll get our records updated as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience. "

But I have done this many times and problem persists.
    Thanks. We'll have a look into this.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    1: When the notifications stop working!
    3: When my posts fail to send and im not aware of it!
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    all of the first 3.
    Please could you both expand on what you mean by this one. What actually happens? doesn't happen?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Actually ChrisN…. I do have another bug for you….

When I got modded up, my latest discussions widget on the homepage stopped updating with the orange bar and became static. On my dupe, it updates so I can only assume there's a dodgy permission or something... I've mentioned it before but nobody in QA really knew what it was!

Any ideas?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)

When I got modded up, my latest discussions widget on the homepage stopped updating with the orange bar and became static. On my dupe, it updates so I can only assume there's a dodgy permission or something... I've mentioned it before but nobody in QA really knew what it was!

Any ideas?
    Mm. OK. Will check it out! No idea currently
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Mm. OK. Will check it out! No idea currently
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    Please could you both expand on what you mean by this one. What actually happens? doesn't happen?
    looks like I can finally see all my notifications but sometimes,I get notifications but I don't see them on the notification bell icon. Also,how comes I'm unable to directly @ someone*
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    looks like I can finally see all my notifications but sometimes,I get notifications but I don't see them on the notification bell icon.
    Interesting. If you are interested, I'm trying to get to the bottom of this over here should you fancy some detective work! And a £10 Amazon voucher for pinning it down
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...0#post67482970

On the other issue, if you go to your account options, are you on the enhanced message editor. If so, you should be able to @ tag people fine....let me know if that works
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    looks like I can finally see all my notifications but sometimes,I get notifications but I don't see them on the notification bell icon. Also,how comes I'm unable to directly @ someone*
    Out of interest do you think this bell issue is happening on mobile or desktop? And what browser and device type (Mac/pc/android/iPhone)

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest do you think this bell issue is happening on mobile or desktop? And what browser and device type (Mac/pc/android/iPhone)
    it's happening on my mobile device and I'm currently using safari on my iPhone*

ReputationRep:
    I've used the Timetable Planner several times, only to find out that 30 minutes later it breaks!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It crashes occasionally and notifications never show up which is annoying when you have a conversation going
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    When posts randomly disappear.
    You type the post as usual and press post. When you leave the page the post is as if it is a perfectly normal post but when you come back to it there is no post and it is not saved either. Seems to happen mostly on my GYG thread, though maybe that's because it's a thread I actually go back to regularly. Happened again the other day and it means I'm much less likely to bother typing out a post if it's just going to disappear into cyberspace.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Tagging Captain Jack
    (Original post by AzidicArcturus)
    I've used the Timetable Planner several times, only to find out that 30 minutes later it breaks!
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    When posts randomly disappear.
    You type the post as usual and press post. When you leave the page the post is as if it is a perfectly normal post but when you come back to it there is no post and it is not saved either. Seems to happen mostly on my GYG thread, though maybe that's because it's a thread I actually go back to regularly. Happened again the other day and it means I'm much less likely to bother typing out a post if it's just going to disappear into cyberspace.
    (Original post by iEthan)

Any ideas?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Tagging Captain Jack
    On a Saturday?! :eek3: Go and relax

Thank you though.

ReputationRep:
    If a thread is deleted, we have no way to clearing the notification of a quoted or liked page in that thread until it clears after a few days/a week? Not sure how long the time period is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.