The Student Room Group

What makes a girl (or boy) a boring texter?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
In one of my replies all I said was: yeah! D:, and he still replied back to me with like 3 lines of message. However it was a late reply :frown:

When a reply is that short, I have to think harder about how to keep the conversation going. It also makes me think they are bored or busy.
I've spoken to guys who are incredibly boring and I've just given up. I hate it when people start a conversation with 'Hey' or 'Hi' alone, like wtf am I going to do with that? Or one word answers, don't waste my time. Either say something or don't bother at all.
There are a lot of things
-One word reply (okay, yeah, lol etc)
-Late replies
-when this happens "hi" "hi" "wuu2" "nothing" "okay"
-when they dont make an effort to start the convo themselves
-when theyre not "lit" as a person
Pfft. I'd love to know myself. I think I text better than a lot of people do but yet my conversations always end up short.

Basically, just take an interest in the other person and ask questions/make statements that can be responded to. :smile:
Guys what kind of thing would the other person you're texting have to say to engage you in the conversation
Guys what kind of thing would the other person you're texting have to say to engage you in the conversation

Have you read any of the responses on your own thread? Obviously the answer to that question is some type of question, or something to peak the attention.
Reply 66
long ass texts
small talk
repetitive conversation
one word replies
someone who doesn't initiate conversation / make any effort to keep it going

I'm actually a lot more guilty of this compared to the girl I'm talking to :lol:
I met him on another social media platform (a dating one), however since then I've found out he also has a TSR account and have interacted with him on here also.
But do you have any things which would make a text conversation boring for you?

Right now he's def not gonna know it's him
Original post by Alexion
someone who doesn't initiate conversation / make any effort to keep it going

I'm actually a lot more guilty of this compared to the girl I'm talking to :lol:

You talk to girls? And they talk back? Wow.
Original post by 0to100
You talk to girls? And they talk back? Wow.

I find it hard to believe too tbh
Pfft. I'd love to know myself. I think I text better than a lot of people do but yet my conversations always end up short.

Basically, just take an interest in the other person and ask questions/make statements that can be responded to. :smile:

Yea people look down on it but I think small talk goes for miles. Instead of begging convo by discussing deep stuff off the bat. What do you think? And it's nice to see you're keeping your chin up :yy:
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Alexion
I find it hard to believe too tbh

:console:
Original post by 0to100
:console:

but, wouldya believe it, @Alexion ain't so intro as you'd think :wink:
Slow and short replies get to me, also if someone doesn't use emojis at all it gives me the impression they're not into the conversation? Which sounds really irrational now that I think about it.

When you ask a question and they give you the bare minimum of an answer then don't like expand or ask you something back. That's annoying.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Slow and short replies get to me, also if someone doesn't use emojis at all it gives me the impression they're not into the conversation? Which sounds really irrational now that I think about it.

When you ask a question and they give you the bare minimum of an answer then don't like expand or ask you something back. That's annoying.

then just video chat you can do it on ur phone and it's wicked fun actually with ppl you know or just getting to know
I plan on doing it all uni
Original post by 0to100
then just video chat you can do it on ur phone and it's wicked fun actually with ppl you know or just getting to know
I plan on doing it all uni

Yeah me and my ex girlfriend used to do this a lot. Would recommend if the person you're talking to isn't an avid texter.
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Yeah me and my ex girlfriend used to do this a lot. Would recommend if the person you're talking to isn't an avid texter.

:yes: sme people are well shy to cam and others are not good at texting, I think each person should learn the other and adapt. Some ppl are just shy in general and dont wanna text, cam, mic, sext, meet up, go out :colonhash: now that's boring lol
tbh the only thing needed for good conversation (text or irl) in my experience is to be able to listen and follow up on what the other person has said. The only times ive been bored in conversation is when it's heavily one sided: It was usually me asking loads stuff about what they're doing or planning to do and then when I tell them what I'm doing or what i have done they don't follow up and just say "cool" or whatever

time took to reply doesn't bother me at all
Original post by eternaforest
tbh the only thing needed for good conversation (text or irl) in my experience is to be able to listen and follow up on what the other person has said. The only times ive been bored in conversation is when it's heavily one sided: It was usually me asking loads stuff about what they're doing or planning to do and then when I tell them what I'm doing or what i have done they don't follow up and just say "cool" or whatever

time took to reply doesn't bother me at all

How come the time it takes to reply doesn't bother you? This is my issue with this guy, the time he takes to reply, i asked some guys if a guy takes a long time to reply does he like you? and they all said he's not that into you :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending