Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kiritsugu)
    They do have their differences. You can die the minute you are born but not be born the minute you die. Death is something completely different, at least empirically. The fate of all living things is to die. It's not the event itself, but the fact that in itself, it ceases events - it ceases your life.
    I am not differentiating between the properties of birth and death. I am simply stating that as properties of a human existence, they are equal with regards to their compulsory nature. And because of this compulsion these are two occasions where all humans are equal, not in the manner of the event; but in the occurrence of the event itself. See?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    Yes.

P.S. Maybe because of cheese's amazing questions?
    You didn't answer my question

It is overwhelmingly clear that the better vendor of toiletries is La La from the Teletubbies rather than Patrick from Spongebob. The most apparent reason for the preference is clearly the unhygienic nature of toiletries supplied by Patrick. For instance, toothpaste infected with seawater must not be honestly be beneficial to oral health. Despite what appears to be a more immature presentation, toiletries supplied by La La would be of a higher quality and supports the viewpoint that product selection of this nature should not be based on marketing alone. Furthermore, toiletries associated with La La would almost obviously be child-friendly: which accentuates the safety of these products when compared to potentially hazardous toiletries associated with Patrick. It could also be argued that Patrick's sales would be better put to use vending extra-flat clothes: thus utilising his rock for enterprise purposes. It also seems clear that La La would be a more proficient user of soap than Patrick and therefore, soap from La La would be of a higher standard as the product itself will be less susceptible to a design fault compared to that of Patrick, which may contain dangerous elements from Patrick's natural environment. In addition, it seems doubtful whether Patrick has the skill-set to run a successful toiletry business, spiralling costs could lead to poor quality goods, with vastly fluctuating prices: none of these problems could be solved single-handedly with such an eccentric leadership style; on the other hand, La La would be able to find support from colleagues in Hill Home in order to overcome these potential adversities. Lastly, transportation costs would also be cheaper from Teletubbyland than from Bikini Bottom as the additional cost of watertight transport is not required to move over the hills and far away. This should theoretically reduce the cost of these products tot he consumer or if not, would provide La La with excellent profit margins, which could potentially result in expansion of the business, leading to more consumer choice. Thus, it seems obvious for the savvy consumer to purchase toiletries with La La from the Teletubbies than Patrick from Spongebob due to better prices, choice and quality.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Probably not as good as the apple question.

Lmao :rofl: :toofunny: I cant believe you actually wrote an essay about Teletubbies and SpongeBob. That's one of the funniest things I read on here

ReputationRep:
    Yup. It's true. Fire away.

What sort of benefits do you claim from the government in relation to your proclaimed disadvantage if any?

ReputationRep:
    are you Van Gogh?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    You didn't answer my question
    I cant believe you actually wrote an essay about Teletubbies and SpongeBob. That's one of the funniest things I read on here
    Did you not see the apple one? That one's actually true.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    What sort of benefits do you claim from the government in relation to your proclaimed disadvantage if any?
    Nothing at present. I should be able to claim disability student allowance @ university but after that nothing.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Allie4)
    are you Van Gogh?
    No because mine was from birth and not "voluntary". I do a great stick man though.

ReputationRep:
    I am not differentiating between the properties of birth and death. I am simply stating that as properties of a human existence, they are equal with regards to their compulsory nature. And because of this compulsion these are two occasions where all humans are equal, not in the manner of the event; but in the occurrence of the event itself. See?
    Using your logic, we could say that the occurrence of life itself is equal in all humans, merely because they existed, and don't you think it's unfair to simply remove the properties - such as events within each life, the memories, and length of life? That would mean all life is meaningless.

Hence, you might think I'm contradicting myself in that I'm unfairly assigning properties to birth but not to death - however that is not the case since...

Birth can be controlled. But nothing can stop death. That is why all humans are equal in death.

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about this quote:"There are no inherently bad people. Everyone believes that, myself included. I don’t doubt the existence of virtue. And yet people bare their fangs when it seems they can profit. People will rationalize their own behavior whenever they become tainted with evil; they’re not supposed to be evil. In order to preserve their own twisted integrity, the world becomes twisted.
    Someone you praised as “cool” until yesterday is “stuck up” today; someone you respected as “smart and knowledgeable” is now scorned as someone who “looks down on bad students”, and “energetic vigor” becomes “annoying and overly carried away”. "
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Using your logic, we could say that the occurrence of life itself is equal in all humans, merely because they existed, and don't you think it's unfair to simply remove the properties - such as events within each life, the memories, and length of life? That would mean all life is meaningless.

Hence, you might think I'm contradicting myself in that I'm unfairly assigning properties to birth but not to death - however that is not the case since...

Birth can be controlled. But nothing can stop death. That is why all humans are equal in death.
    You confusion control with the power to stop. Of course death can be controlled: murders as the most obvious (and horrid) example. Also, it is not my logic, I simply floated it as a theory. I'm glad that you understand this logic but I do not wish to argue as I hold little opinion on what is insignificant to my day-to-day life.

What do you think about this quote:"There are no inherently bad people. Everyone believes that, myself included. I don’t doubt the existence of virtue. And yet people bare their fangs when it seems they can profit. People will rationalize their own behavior whenever they become tainted with evil; they’re not supposed to be evil. In order to preserve their own twisted integrity, the world becomes twisted.
    Someone you praised as “cool” until yesterday is “stuck up” today; someone you respected as “smart and knowledgeable” is now scorned as someone who “looks down on bad students”, and “energetic vigor” becomes “annoying and overly carried away”. "
    I think that all of this cannot be judged from a neutral perspective; hence, the last part can be affected by two variables and is thus immeasurable to me. Evil is a very strong word. There is perhaps a catalyst (as a trait) in some people, which is often mistaken for inherent evil which accelerates 'bad' behaviour. So the quotation (quote is a verb) has the right principles at its core but the wrong analysis.

ReputationRep:
    I'm glad that you understand this logic but I do not wish to argue as I hold little opinion on what is insignificant to my day-to-day life..
    Good point. I like your style.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Good point. I like your style.
    Thank you. I only floated it as a theory which =/= support of it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Which ear.

ReputationRep:
    LOL loved your essay on toiletries!

In the same style, answer this question:

Would it be more of an advancement to the world if Harry Potter or Doctor Who could be interviewed for half an hour? Assume that they are each able to tell, and give objects to, people - whatever is requested of them. [10 marks]

ReputationRep:
    should i get my amygdala pierced ?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Which ear.
    I was about to do an essay for this then I realised that all you wanted was: left.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by the bear)
    should i get my amygdala pierced ?
    No. Too unhealthy.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Treblebee)
    LOL loved your essay on toiletries!

In the same style, answer this question:

Would it be more of an advancement to the world if Harry Potter or Doctor Who could be interviewed for half an hour? Assume that they are each able to tell, and give objects to, people - whatever is requested of them. [10 marks]
    Give me 2 hours or 2 days. (Seriously.)

ReputationRep:
    Give me 2 hours or 2 days. (Seriously.)
    OK, but the due date is Monday the 12th, midday! So you'd better hand it in OR ELSE! ;p

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    I'm sad to hear that
    Didn't realize this was a pun until UWS pointed it out... you're so damn evil .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.