Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grumpyteen)
    For the same reasons girls don't want to date fat guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

** or short guys
    or guys who aren't rich
    or guys who aren't david beckham lookalikes
    or guys who arent as fit as usain bolt/wench as a tank
    the list is endless tbh

and im actually quite pissed at the op.
    you make the daftest thread i have ever seen in my life to condemn and judge guys for being picky at the one thing that they can and most commonly are picky at; but yet ignore the very fact that most girls who are overweight; DESERVE to be mocked and humiliated (as this is not only unhealthy; but most times guys say no to the girls they do so based on the premise that they would be dating supermodels - because of the way such girls would've altered their online profiles to make them physically thin/like supermodels) and denied/rejected like such as this is a facet of their life they can Easily change.

op also forgets the very fact that 100% of girls on the planet are the most picky individuals i've ever met & yet to meet as they most likely would attest to the fact that they would like their man to have certain standards before they'd date him; more standards than their man would like Them to have. e.g: i've lost count of the amount of times i've heard girls mock a guy for being short/publicly humiliate a guy on physical things about his being that he can't alter/change in any manner; whilst they themselves cry rivers when subjected to the tiniest amount of judgement in return (e.g this thread condeming guys for actually having some iota of a preference). this amount of hypocrisy is uncalled for, unnecessary and beyond all forms of reasoning on the planet.

i will come out and say that i detest girls who're in this situation as their hypocrisy is off the scale. i also do not favour fat girls, short girls, snobby girls, girls who put on loads and loads of cakeup; girls who are gold diggers; e.t.c so whilst i'm shallow/picky about who i date, forgive me for being and acting like a human being, a being who's allowed to choose who i get with.
    after all; you sit on your high horse and tell me you don't?
    please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Depends how fat we're talking, but generally relates to our fine appreciation of the female form (quite a unique thing); this extends to underweight/unshapely girls too btw

Depends where the curves are, and whether there is flibber-flabber and cellulite involved vs. a certain toned firmness underlying these 'extra curves' :sexface:

i will never get tired of your ****ery foo. no matter how many years i've known you; you never cease to amaze me looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    surely it just means they have extra curves? Guys love curves?

If you mean levels of fat within the healthy range, then yes a certain amount of body fat helps girls look curvy. But you don't want the curves to be fat. An attractive curvy figure comes from having toned muscle and a healthy body fat percentage, not flab.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theDanIdentity)
    i will never get tired of your ****ery foo. no matter how many years i've known you; you never cease to amaze me looool
    ****ery ftw! (whatever that is):chaplin:

What is it about fat girls that puts guys off dating them? I see guys date really underweight girls. Also i always see people write in threads how they would make a runner if they met a girl via online dating and she turned out to be fat.
    Are fat girls really that bad? If so I don't understand why, surely it just means they have extra curves? Guys love curves?
    I'd date you. I often find big women much more attractive than the standard, skinny 'approved' image. And I do think they are more feminine and sexual.

ReputationRep:
    I date girls who have a healthy/average build. I don't like fat or skinny.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's fair to blame men for wanting a skinny girlfriend but what I dislike is some men's attitude after pregnancy. Beside the point, I wouldn't date a fat guy either as I don't find that attractive.

I think both genders should take care of their bodies and health.

They just aren't attractive, simple as that.
    I once tried a casual hookup on Tinder and the girl seemed fine from her pictures, although those were pics of her face only I expected her to have a body to match. So, when I got off the taxi to meet her- I realised she was at least twice the size I expected her to be, so I just pull the hoodie over my head and run away to the nearest bus stop whilst trying to cover my face pretending it isn't me.
    Just a funny story to share, but fat girls are really NOT attractive.

ReputationRep:
    They just aren't attractive, simple as that.
    I once tried a casual hookup on Tinder and the girl seemed fine from her pictures, although those were pics of her face only I expected her to have a body to match. So, when I got off the taxi to meet her- I realised she was at least twice the size I expected her to be, so I just pull the hoodie over my head and run away to the nearest bus stop whilst trying to cover my face pretending it isn't me.
    Just a funny story to share, but fat girls are really NOT attractive.
    Hahaha

ReputationRep:
    This is very far from reality. Men are not put off fat women or skinny women or any other kind of women for that matter. There's a man out there for every kind of women there is. The problem is with confidence I think. If you lack confidence in yourself, you kind of build a negative aura around you that drives people away and society does that to fat women and men. Society makes them feel less confident.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Then why do they date underweight women? Surely those are just a bag of bones
    If underweight people like me are bags of bones, then fat people are sacks of meat.

What is it about fat girls that puts guys off dating them? I see guys date really underweight girls. Also i always see people write in threads how they would make a runner if they met a girl via online dating and she turned out to be fat.
    Are fat girls really that bad? If so I don't understand why, surely it just means they have extra curves? Guys love curves?
    The question should be - Why don't girls wanna date fat guys?

The question is really sexist.

their are many kinds of 'fat'
    Everyone is different - like you said "extra curves".
    not necessarily extra curves - like a said depending.
    Some may like 'big' parts.
    Some guys may like a twig, some may like a girl with some meat on her.

The term 'fat' is really subjective as you already know.

Everyone is unique therefore have different genes giving them a different metabolism.

GCSE Science knows it all - it's all about dem genetics doe...

The question should be - Why don't girls wanna date fat guys?

The question is really sexist.

their are many kinds of 'fat'
    Everyone is different - like you said "extra curves".
    not necessarily extra curves - like a said depending.
    Some may like 'big' parts.
    Some guys may like a twig, some may like a girl with some meat on her.

The term 'fat' is really subjective as you already know.

Everyone is unique therefore have different genes giving them a different metabolism.

GCSE Science knows it all - it's all about dem genetics doe...
    Nice bait there mate, hopefully someone won't fall for your obvious bullsh*t

ReputationRep:
    Fat ppl just arent as attractive as girls with a normal weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    This is very far from reality. Men are not put off fat women or skinny women or any other kind of women for that matter. There's a man out there for every kind of women there is. The problem is with confidence I think. If you lack confidence in yourself, you kind of build a negative aura around you that drives people away and society does that to fat women and men. Society makes them feel less confident.
    I'm afraid the rest of your post doesn't back up the first two sentences. While, sure, some men are fine with very overweight girls, or even prefer them, these guys are outliers.*

I don't know about others, but for me, it is the combination of every factor that they have about themselves (including personality, appearance, etc) that makes me attracted to someone. Again, I don't know about others, but it would be hard for me to say if I'd be attracted to a "fat girl" as without seeing the other factors of that person, it'd be hard to determine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    I'm afraid the rest of your post doesn't back up the first two sentences. .*
    hmmm....I see what you are saying. If society preaches that fat is unattractive then people in that society are going to be put off fat people. You have a point. What I was trying to say though is that it's far from our innate reality not the one society imposes on us. I think confidence goes a long way to help in this matter.*

(Original post by TurboCretin)
    While, sure, some men are fine with very overweight girls, or even prefer them, these guys are outliers*
    *I do not know what to say really. Its a complicated matter isn't it. I think the same applies to women though. Women are more attracted to fit muscular guys than they are fat guys so its not just an issue of men as this thread seems to imply. I think we are chatting about relationships on a very superficial level and these kind of relationships are not really worthy of being called relationships. If you want to have a physical relationship, if you want to attract someone based on your looks then you have to conform to what is defined by that society as being attractive and sadly fat people do not fall into that category. This is very shallow but the same can be said of wanting someone to be attracted to you based on your looks and criticising them for not being attracted to you because you are fat.*

ReputationRep:
    They do date them but there aren't many who will. Most guys prefer skinny girls.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hmmm....I see what you are saying. If society preaches that fat is unattractive then people in that society are going to be put off fat people. You have a point. What I was trying to say though is that it's far from our innate reality not the one society imposes on us. I think confidence goes a long way to help in this matter.*
    It might be society which tells us that skinny is attractive, but I don't think we need society to tell us that fat is not.
    *I do not know what to say really. Its a complicated matter isn't it. I think the same applies to women though. Women are more attracted to fit muscular guys than they are fat guys so its not just an issue of men as this thread seems to imply. I think we are chatting about relationships on a very superficial level and these kind of relationships are not really worthy of being called relationships. If you want to have a physical relationship, if you want to attract someone based on your looks then you have to conform to what is defined by that society as being attractive and sadly fat people do not fall into that category. This is very shallow but the same can be said of wanting someone to be attracted to you based on your looks and criticising them for not being attracted to you because you are fat.*
    I don't really think this thread implies that, it just happens to be talking about guys' preferences rather than girls'. I think you're right that it goes both ways.

It might be shallow, but appearance is the first thing you notice about someone - unless you come into contact with them frequently you may not get much further than superficial judgments.*

ReputationRep:
    Skinny, boney women are not sexual.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.