Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lit teacher)
    Oh dear, you're confusing the ability to correctly answer a series of random IQ questions with the intelligence to understand a complex geopolitical issue.
    You can train to get better at passing IQ questions but to understand the issues surrounding refugees requires emotional intelligence, political knowledge and wisdom, which are entirely different.
    The funny thing is that his IQ clearly isn't even 141 ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Its nonsense because you dont have a clue what the law is or why your proposals are urrelevant. A potential refugee may seek asylum in whichever country they wish because there is no requirement for them to seek it in the first safe country, that comes from elsewhere and is usually misunderstood and falsely quited by those who dont understand it.

The important point is that they are fleeing persecution and unable to return. Thats the key to whether you are a refugee or not. Fail to establish that and they can be deported. Thats the Convention that the UK signed up to.

[email protected] fact pointing out you are incorrect = liberal.
    Which part of "regardless of what the Convention states" in my previous post did you not understand? In addition, which part of "coming across" did you not get either?

You are clearly just trying, and failing miserably, to sound clever with your "I know and you seemingly don't" sphericals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ValerieKR)
    I don't really want to get involved with a debate at this time of day so I won't be around to respond

Your username added to the probability - I appreciate your sentiment and respect that many people do fake-rage and call you names (which you do return) the moment you start talking about control BUT if you look at data and information you'll find that the vast majority of immigrants are good for our country (control would obviously allow you to keep those coming in, but that is not what many who voted leave (specifically the Murdoch sheep) had in mind) and that 'big business' pushed for both sides, I think the 'anyone who disagrees with me is mindless' attitude and the 'name-calling' is quite dangerous and overshadows the real debate.
    Immigration is good for business owners but if your working class it is very bad but your told in return its really good and that you should shut up and quit being a sheep for some right-winger.Sorry mate but I won't buy your analysis. Been told the good for GDP myth but from my end Peterborough is a place where you have to compete with all of Europe for a job where any where else in the world you wouldn't have the problem.And to be fair I don't really like types like yourselves who turn round and call my native countrymen lazy benefit scroungers. Not saying you have said that but its usually the next thing which a good majority of Europhiles say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016_GCSE)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7229386.html

After all the wall is in France, it's like not it's on a border.
    (Original post by ckfeister)
    No, we should. Its to defend UK, so should be paid by UK government.

Do we really trust the French to do anything for us like that? If we got them to pay for the wall they'd probably build it from stale croissants and snail shells.

ReputationRep:
    Again I respect your argument and would ordinarily try to reach some sort of agreement through rational debate, except you said this:

(Original post by illegaltobepoor)
    And to be fair I don't really like types like yourselves who turn round and call my native countrymen lazy benefit scroungers. Not saying you have said that but its usually the next thing which a good majority of Europhiles say.
    I have a problem with something that you've actually said, which is this. ^
    I haven't said a bad word against you, said I'm more 'elite' than you or are in any way superior - because I'm not.

Saying you don't like me because you've somehow got the impression (I suspect because I noted some of the positives of the EU? (While simultaneously recognising some of its weaknesses.)) that I am the same 'type' as somebody you know/have heard of who has said these obviously horrible and untrue things is ridiculous, and the same massive overgeneralisation that leads to people calling all Brexiters 'racist' and the like.

If people just recognised the arguments of both sides without this sort of thing the world would be a better place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshDawg)
    Do we really trust the French to do anything for us like that? If we got them to pay for the wall they'd probably build it from stale croissants and snail shells.
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    If roles were reversed and the 'jungle' were over here, you'd bet anything France would not be doing a thing to help and would be turning a complete blind eye or spouting human rights drivel.
    Like heck will they ever accept responsibility for this and build this wall, or if they do it'll be corrupt af

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.