UEA A100 2017 Entry

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    Anyone know how much PBL there is at UEA?
    There is one session a week but you are assigned a task to write about and a task to present the next week.

Your group's PBL notes are uploaded to a UEA portal and you can download these to revise from, since they cover the learning objectives for that week. I like this since I learn better independently as opposed to sitting in lectures. That said, (at least so far; I'm only in my third week) there are also lectures from about 9-4 on 3 out of 5 weekdays, with primary care placement or consultation skills on Thursday and anatomy on Wednesday, which is a half day.

Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get an email from UEA asking for more information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candy2511)
    Did anyone else get an email from UEA asking for more information?
    nope!
    what does your email say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swopnil)
    nope!
    what does your email say?
    it asked me to fill in a fee status form.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys
    Just dropping in to say hi, I applied here five mins ago, wanted to check out the crowd this year

Stats:
    8A*s 2As at GCSE
    Achieved A*AB in biology, chemistry and psychology respectively (resitting the B this year)
    A in AS maths
    UKCAT 705 average Band 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Candy2511)
    it asked me to fill in a fee status form.
    Oh! yeah go ahead and fill that in. It's just a standard thing that universities ask for if you said you are not UK national or something like that in UCAS. It's to determine if you will be a 'home' or 'international' student.

(Original post by Millie-3)
    Hey guys
    Just dropping in to say hi, I applied here five mins ago, wanted to check out the crowd this year

Stats:
    8A*s 2As at GCSE
    Achieved A*AB in biology, chemistry and psychology respectively (resitting the B this year)
    A in AS maths
    UKCAT 705 average Band 2
    Not much of a crowd atm but Hi!

ReputationRep:
    Not much of a crowd atm but Hi!
    Hey your form sent away? Where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

Stats:
    8A*s 2As at GCSE
    A in AS maths
    UKCAT 705 average Band 2
    I also resat from A*AB and I got into Norwich so there is def hope. Figured that was worth mentioning.

ReputationRep:
    Applied but haven't received an email acknowledging receipt of my application from UEA, is this the same for others?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MedSchoolHope4)
    Applied but haven't received an email acknowledging receipt of my application from UEA, is this the same for others?
    I received mine the day after I sent it off

ReputationRep:
    Hey your form sent away? Where did you apply?
    Yup! And I have also applied to UCL, Bristol and St Georges.
    I'm on a gap year too.

ReputationRep:
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by respiringmedic)
    I also resat from A*AB and I got into Norwich so there is def hope. Figured that was worth mentioning.
    Thanks for letting me know! Its definitely appreciated since norwich is the one i know least about

Yup! And I have also applied to UCL, Bristol and St Georges.
    I'm on a gap year too.
    Awesome schools all of them. I got to interviews with Bristol last year, its a good city

ReputationRep:
    Awesome schools all of them. I got to interviews with Bristol last year, its a good city
    Ikr. I was interviewed by Bristol last year too so it's my 2nd attempt with them. :P

ReputationRep:
    Ikr. I was interviewed by Bristol last year too so it's my 2nd attempt with them. :P
    Oh no way! What was your interview date? (If you remember that is. I realise now that's it's weird I know what date mine was)

ReputationRep:
    Oh no way! What was your interview date? (If you remember that is. I realise now that's it's weird I know what date mine was)
    no, it's not weird. 17th Feb. why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    no, it's not weird. 17th Feb. why do you ask?
    Oh I was just wondering if we might have met. I was on the 26th of Jan, so no I guess

ReputationRep:
    I've just spoken to our admissions department, they say you should receive one within 1-2 working days after applying. If you applied over the weekend you might not hear yet. However if you've waited any longer please check your spam and your email address as it could cause issues getting important information to you

ReputationRep:
    Dropping by..

Applying with 630 UKCAT, 6 A* 5 A GCSE, 4A's at AS, A*AA Prediction. Hoping for the best :P

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know when UEA start giving interviews out?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.