Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Oxford Economics and Management Course

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    It's dependent on the scores of the other applicants, but there has been a trend in recent years of less raw marks required for a high converted score. Think of it like UMS for A Levels. Generally for PPE you want to aim for 60+ for an interview, whereas for E&M you'd ideally want at least 67 due to the competition. Getting a high score won't guarantee an offer, but there's probably slightly more room for error in the interview than if you have a low score. But if you do manage to get an interview, that means you're definitely in contention and a strong performance here can secure an offer
    How did you calculate that you got 68 on your practice paper though? Is there some kind of conversion table somewhere? Thing is, I have no idea what my Tsa scores are after they're 'converted'. Is there a guide as to what a good raw mark is? And thanks for the analogy - it does seem rather like ums xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icecreamcake)
    How did you calculate that you got 68 on your practice paper though? Is there some kind of conversion table somewhere? Thing is, I have no idea what my Tsa scores are after they're 'converted'. Is there a guide as to what a good raw mark is? And thanks for the analogy - it does seem rather like ums xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It depends year on year and can be found under score conversion, where a mark will correlate to a score.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On the Admissions Testing Service Website, where you download the TSA papers, there should be another section with a list of score conversions for each year. As I said, I consider a 'good' score to be interview-worthy, but 60+ generally means you've done quite well. 58 is considered a high score for geography applicants, but you wouldn't even get an interview for that with E&M and would be unlikely to for PPE so it's quite subject dependent.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I'm still a bit confused :/ someone posted above that they got 68 in their practice paper so do you know how they calculated that?

Ugh I'm finding it dreadful!! I'm bad at both the multiple choice and the essays how are you practicing for either? Thing is for the essays, I don't really know how to improve - I just know that my essays are bad XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They must have used one of the grade schemes that are provided along with the past papers. As for how I prepare, I found an E&M student on Teech (an app you can get here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/teech/id1109370828?mt=8) and she helps me go through the answers I get wrong and gives me tips on how I could be quicker on the test

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.