Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Big nose, shattered self confidence, crying my eyes out Watch

ReputationRep:
    Show a picture of your nose

ReputationRep:
    So again, my advice to you is forget about your nose and on what others think of you and simply study all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Trust me, being petite takes the edge off, it's lanky birds with big noses that are the biggest turn off. Just put it from your mind as best you can and spend the rest of the year preparing your mum for what you plan to do. If, come next summer, you're still minded to do it, that is :console:

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Trust me, being petite takes the edge off, it's lanky birds with big noses that are the biggest turn off. Just put it from your mind as best you can and spend the rest of the year preparing your mum for what you plan to do. If, come next summer, you're still minded to do it, that is :console:
    I feel like having a big nose and being petite just makes me look like a pelican

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep this anon. I'm crying my eyes out and don't want to go outside because of my nose, since puberty hit me I've always had the suspicion my nose was big and one time a guy even told me it was. It's not ginormous or crooked, it's quite straight but a bit long/Roman like (like a Greek nose I think)
    but I've been wanting a nose job for ages and I found this nose surgeon who had a number on his website that you could send pics of your yourself to and he'd give you a quote for it. So I stupidly did that and I wished I hadn't, just look at the reply I got back for it, I can't stop crying;
    "Hello .You have a cartilaginous nose with thick skin. your nose is wide and asymmetrical. In profile view, The length of the nose (distance between radix and tip in the side view) is big and needs to be reduced. If we rate an ideal perfect nose on your face as 100, you will achieve 70 after surgery"

Basically I can't have a nose job as I'm going back to uni so would have to wait for next summer holiday for recover but now the thought of waiting another year with my nose is making me Want to cry even more.
    Whenever I go outside I feel like I need to angle myself so people next to me can't see my nose as they must see me and think omg she's so gross look at her nose it makes her look like a man.
    I'm quite petite as well so I feel like my nose sticks out on me even more as its so out of harmony with the rest of my body
    Idk why I really posted but I'm just so down and can't stop crying. I didn't tell my mum I sent my pictures to this plastic surgeon as I know she'll get mad and upset and say I should wait.
    Sorry, I haven't read all the replies so I apologize if this is a repeat. At the end of the day the surgeon is only looking after getting business for himself. He wants you to think you clearly need a nose job....because, it will be to his benefit. I don't know what your nose looks like but I doubt it is as bad as you feel it is. But, it is important to feel good in your own skin so when the time is right find a doctor and go have a consultation. If you can't have the surgery tomorrow don't stress if it is that important to you you'll find a way to pay for it in the future. Remember though that it crucial to find a doctor that you trust. I promise you your nose is fine but at the end of the day if you're still not happy there is something you can actually do. Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    Come on Gross Gore. Not here too!

ReputationRep:
    hey atleast you're not half tree, or have a giant turtle shell lookin mole on your back, or have 8 legs or cancer amirite

also you know who thought their nose was big? Michael Jackson
    you know who got a nose job to fix it? Michael Jackson
    You know who died without a nose? Michael... Jackson

so don't have a nose job :lol: nah have a nose job if you have the money and you really want it and are sure you want it - watch all the youtube videos, and have it next summer
    how old are you? Like 19/20? So you spent 20 years with this nose, and you can't wait until next summer? I'm sure you can and it will be well worth it and you'll be happy so don't cry - its not doing anything except making it even bigger and redder and snottier :lol: :console:

no one really sees the flaws you see, it's only bc you spend every minute of your life with yourself so when you sit infront of the mirror all you do is look for what's wrong instead of playing up your attractive features. Maybe contouring your nose will help while you wait for surgery, maybe dramatic eyeshadow and bold lip looks draw attention away from it and flatter you more. Maybe your hairstyle can also help to balance out and frame your face. Just play around with it and im sure you'll find something you can rock for a few months

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please keep this anon. I'm crying my eyes out and don't want to go outside because of my nose, since puberty hit me I've always had the suspicion my nose was big and one time a guy even told me it was. It's not ginormous or crooked, it's quite straight but a bit long/Roman like (like a Greek nose I think)
    but I've been wanting a nose job for ages and I found this nose surgeon who had a number on his website that you could send pics of your yourself to and he'd give you a quote for it. So I stupidly did that and I wished I hadn't, just look at the reply I got back for it, I can't stop crying;
    "Hello .You have a cartilaginous nose with thick skin. your nose is wide and asymmetrical. In profile view, The length of the nose (distance between radix and tip in the side view) is big and needs to be reduced. If we rate an ideal perfect nose on your face as 100, you will achieve 70 after surgery"

Basically I can't have a nose job as I'm going back to uni so would have to wait for next summer holiday for recover but now the thought of waiting another year with my nose is making me Want to cry even more.
    Whenever I go outside I feel like I need to angle myself so people next to me can't see my nose as they must see me and think omg she's so gross look at her nose it makes her look like a man.
    I'm quite petite as well so I feel like my nose sticks out on me even more as its so out of harmony with the rest of my body
    Idk why I really posted but I'm just so down and can't stop crying. I didn't tell my mum I sent my pictures to this plastic surgeon as I know she'll get mad and upset and say I should wait.
    It's just a nose dude, really not a big deal. Of course I'm not saying don't get the surgery, get it if you want it's your body. All I'm saying Is that you're way too para. Walking around public shy and para about your nose is gonna do you no good. Just go through your day to day life. If it makes you feel better I bet there's people walking around somewhere in the world with no noses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Only the rare few people in this world actually have a perfect looking nose

living in the uk literally almost every person i see has a wonky, long or large nose. but they don't care. and why should they? no one is perfect, life still goes on.

go outside with your chin held high. don't give a **** what anyone has to say about you. stay confident. don't spend your life hid away out of fear of what someone might say about you, in that case you'll be stuck in the house forever because even good looking people sometimes get picked on.

ReputationRep:
    I have a big honker too, but you know what, just think of other people in the world who have worser facial or physical deformities than you, you're one of the lucky ones, but theres no such thing as a perfect nose, some have one slanted to one side, some have one thats too long or has a massive bump, some people have breathing problems. But if its really effecting your self confidence I highly recommend a nose job, it wont give you David Hasslehoffs nose but it will give you one that fits your face, and restore your confidence, otherwise everytime you look in the mirror you'll just be reminded of it.

ReputationRep:
    Noses aren't that big of a deal, be happy you haven't been acid attacked by somebody. It's not the end of the world.

I had a nose job on the 2nd of September this year. I went home the same day and bandages came off after just 1 week and it wasn't very painful, still isn't. I have to be careful for the next 3 months though as it is fragile. I'd imagine it would be similar for you and I don't think it would have a hugely negative effect on your university education if you have it done.

However, with this type of issue, people tend to think it's x10 worse than it actually is. Also remember the surgeon isn't going to send you back a message saying you don't need one as he has to make a living. I only had mine done because it was a terrible break and my nose was bent and lumpy.

So basically, if it is affecting your confidence significantly and you're able to have it done - i'd still do it. Be sure to research the surgeon, get multiple opinions and choose the best surgeon you can find. However it is never nearly as bad as you think it is when looking in the mirror!!! I must stress this!!!

Hope this helps.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.