Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

18 and 32 weeks pregnant. AMA.. Watch

Announcements

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Was it planned? It's funny how some people don't even try and get pregnant, while others try try and try. Well, all the best for the future. Wish I was pregnant too.
    Edit:For how long have you been using that 'pulling out' method?

God, the judgemental and narrow-minded people on this thread! She's not wasted her life, she's having a baby which is one of THE greatest joys in life. And, as she's young, it's more likely to be healthy. She says she's got a good support system so I'm sure the baby will grow up just fine.

All you baby-shamers make me annoyed:rant:

ReputationRep:
    How long have you and the baby father been together? Was the pregnancy by accident?

Goodluck OP.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really know what to say apart from I can't believe you're my age and pregnant.

But congrats and good luck! I'm sure you'll have a beautiful baby

ReputationRep:
    That's nice..

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 150
Size:  25.1 KB

(Original post by Josb)
    I am shocked to see that two adults thought "pulling out works".
    Well, I did say that it was naive of us but when done correctly, pulling out can be over 90% effective

(Original post by Desi_Scotsman)
    Is this your first child?
    Yes

(Original post by loveleest)
    How long have you and the baby father been together? Was the pregnancy by accident?

Goodluck OP.
    Will be 3 years next month

Edit:For how long have you been using that 'pulling out' method?
    From when we first started having sex, so about 2 and a half years

ReputationRep:
    Well, I did say that it was naive of us but when done correctly, pulling out can be over 90% effective
    no it doesn't
    the only reason why you didn't get pregnant other times is because you happened not to be ovulating at those particular moments

Was it planned? It's funny how some people don't even try and get pregnant, while others try try and try. Well, all the best for the future. Wish I was pregnant too.
    No, wasn't planned. That is part of the reason why I chose to keep my baby. I know how hard some people find it and although I was petrified at first (still am sometimes) I know that I'm blessed.
    Good luck with trying, it will happen for you one day

(Original post by Rhaenys10)
    no it doesn't
    the only reason why you didn't get pregnant other times is because you happened not to be ovulating at those particular moments
    Are you a doctor or midwife? Because my midwife specifically told me that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    Don't try and fill her head with more nonsense.

She already made a bad mistake by having unsafe sex and getting pregnant without being married or financially or economically prepared, so don't make it seem like what she did wasn't a really bad choice.
    In some ways, she's lucky, by the time the child is old enough to support themselves, the mother will still be young enough to enjoy life.
    I know that's a lot of if's though..
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Any names that you have thought of?

ReputationRep:
    Did you consider putting it up for adoption?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Any names that you have thought of?
    She said previously that she'll name it Jonah if it's a boy and Isabella if it's a girl.

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't you have an abortion?!

How did you not have a basic grasp of contraception at the age of 18. Didn't you ever think oh **** maybe I should actually use a condom. I'm a decade older than you and it probably wouldn't be the end of the world if I got pregnant but I'm still ultra safe - it's called taking some responsibility and control of your life! *

(Original post by lonyeka)
    Did you consider putting it up for adoption?
    Nope, although I think it's a good choice

ReputationRep:
    Nope, although I think it's a good choice
    What race is the father? Where are you from?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.