Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Kyx Football League Version 1

• View Poll Results: Shall we have a drugs re-test?
    Yes
    80.00%
    No
    20.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 4
    Egg United have a bye this round. "Hopefully we won't have to say 'bye' to some of our top players" Official Loser joked.
    This extract was taken from the spoon race magazine. The full interview will be released later today.
    (Original post by Kyx)
    League Cup
    First Leg:
    Egg United FC 5 - 2 BBK United
    3-2 at half time, the fifth goal for Egg United was narrowly the best, a Liam Cannolly shot from 35 yards out cannoning in off the post. From then on, there was no doubt about this result.
    Drugs testing results:
    Egg United FC - passed
    Second leg
    BBK United 2 - 2 Egg United
    Aggregate: Egg United win 7 - 2
    This game was close, with BBK United taking the lead twice, only for the opposition to score due to sloppy defending.
    Official loser did not release a statement following the first leg, but held individual interviews with journalists*. He released a tweet following the test results stating:

"So pleased to hear that our league is a drug-free competition. Hopefully, the horrible allegations can be put behind us. Football is predominantly a fair sport, and Egg United will continue to play fairly within it."

Following the second leg, Official Loser gave the media the following statement:
    "Really pleased with our performance in the cup this weekend. Our win at the bin demonstrates the power of our fans: our egg soldiers, and that's no yolk! This was a very much needed victory for our team, it's great that we've bounced back from what was quite a bruising defeat in the league, given our precarious position in the table. A lot of the players were quite deflated following that game I'll be honest about that, so hopefully we can use this momentum to our next league game as well as progressing up in the cup. Obviously, going up against a team like BBK United was never going to be easy, so we're very happy with the win this weekend; we've got a few things to work on still, but obviously, we try and win every game we play and I'm looking forward to the next league match against Vatican Athletic; again gonna be a tough game, a team much like ourselves, but I think we'll go into that game as favourites because of our convincing cup win, the rest we've had in the league and the fact that's well have the support of our fans in the Eggy fortress. Vatican is a team much like ourselves in terms of positions in the league, but hopefully, we can find a way of converting this win into another win next time, won't be easy but we try and win every game and we're ready for it I think. Really pleased that Liam Canolly decided to stay with us - I was quite worried at one point because I thought he was going to spotify, but it was Liam's decision and he decided to remain an Egg - I know he's an Egg deep down. So yeah, I'm pleased with the way things turned out today,"

*Publications include: The Daily Egg, Football Frenzy and Yolk News. These interviews were mainly focussed on tactics and team preparation and will be released at later dates throughout the season.

ReputationRep:
    Official Losers full interview with Spoon Race magazine's sports editor Boiled Eggson is as follows:

BE: Official Loser, you've been at Egg United for a number of years now, largely without success, what's changed this year?

OL: Well, that's an interesting question I'm really pleased with our performance this year. A large part of that is the fans, the bin has become electric! Our win at the bin demonstrates the power of our fans: our egg soldiers, and that's no yolk! That was a very much needed victory for our team as well, I just feel that the morale of the team is so much more positive this year, especially given our precarious position in the table.

BE: You say that, but you've still suffered big defeats so far this season, how do you prepare for away games where you haven't got the protection that the bin offers, or the support of thousands of eggs; because so far, your track record away isn't great, like your game against Koala United?

OL: A lot of the players were quite deflated following that game I'll be honest about that, and we do have a number of very loyal eggs who roll along to all of our away games as well, eggs don't just belong in the bin: it's our aim to try and prove that this season. Obviously, we try and win every game we play so I treat every game very seriously and we've got a few things to work on still, they are more apparent when we play away. But don't worry, it's all in the pipeline.

BE: Who do you think is the going to be 'the one to beat' in the league at the and how do you plan to face them?

OL: Obviously, we try and win every game we play. From the leaderboard, you could say that BBK United and eterna FC were the stronger sides at the minute. Obviously, going up against a team like BBK United was never going to be easy; but and I'm looking towards our team and thinking, we could beat anyone, when we get it right.

BE: There has been talk of some of your players leaving Egg United for pastures anew, what would you like say to them, if you want them to stay?

OL: Well, hopefully we won't have to say 'bye' to some of our top players! And that's no yolk! Really pleased that Liam Canolly decided to stay with us - I was quite worried at one point because I thought he was going to spotify, but it was Liam's decision and he decided to remain an Egg - I know he's an Egg deep down. I think that the players who decide to stay know that they're Eggs. And I've got my eye on a few potential eggs in other teams, but I can't say who.

BE: Overall then, what is your assessment of how the season's gone for United so far?

OL: I'm really pleased with our performance this year; we try to can find a way of converting each win into another win next time, and indeed converting each draw into a win next time, as well as converting each loss into a win next time of course. W try and win every game we play as I say, it won't be easy but we're ready for it I think. So yeah, I'm pleased with the way things have turned out so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 04MR17)
    This extract was taken from the spoon race magazine. The full interview will be released later today.Official loser did not release a statement following the first leg, but held individual interviews with journalists*. He released a tweet following the test results stating:

"So pleased to hear that our league is a drug-free competition. Hopefully, the horrible allegations can be put behind us. Football is predominantly a fair sport, and Egg United will continue to play fairly within it."

Following the second leg, Official Loser gave the media the following statement:
    "Really pleased with our performance in the cup this weekend. Our win at the bin demonstrates the power of our fans: our egg soldiers, and that's no yolk! This was a very much needed victory for our team, it's great that we've bounced back from what was quite a bruising defeat in the league, given our precarious position in the table. A lot of the players were quite deflated following that game I'll be honest about that, so hopefully we can use this momentum to our next league game as well as progressing up in the cup. Obviously, going up against a team like BBK United was never going to be easy, so we're very happy with the win this weekend; we've got a few things to work on still, but obviously, we try and win every game we play and I'm looking forward to the next league match against Vatican Athletic; again gonna be a tough game, a team much like ourselves, but I think we'll go into that game as favourites because of our convincing cup win, the rest we've had in the league and the fact that's well have the support of our fans in the Eggy fortress. Vatican is a team much like ourselves in terms of positions in the league, but hopefully, we can find a way of converting this win into another win next time, won't be easy but we try and win every game and we're ready for it I think. Really pleased that Liam Canolly decided to stay with us - I was quite worried at one point because I thought he was going to spotify, but it was Liam's decision and he decided to remain an Egg - I know he's an Egg deep down. So yeah, I'm pleased with the way things turned out today,"

*Publications include: The Daily Egg, Football Frenzy and Yolk News. These interviews were mainly focussed on tactics and team preparation and will be released at later dates throughout the season.
    At least i tried...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callum_20011)
    At least i tried...
    Just aspire to become an egg.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    how did we lose!?!?!?!And how much were you bribed to fix those results Kyx ? :holmes: :mmm:
    If you want a re-test, we may initiate a vote.

ReputationRep:
    Matchday 5
    Eterna FC have their first of two byes this round.

Spotify FC 2 - 2 Matrix FC
    Matrix FC completely dominated this game, and took the lead twice, only for Mr Spotify's team to equalise both time. The cup favourites really shocked their opposition, who weren't expecting them to come out fighting.

The Dairy Best 2 - 0 Cirith Ungol FC
    The Dairy Best overtake Cirith Ungol FC in the league with this dominant performance at The Grate Gatsbrie.

Koala United 1 - 1 BBK United
    The shock of the season so far, with Koala United taking the lead from a powerful volley, hitting both the post and the crossbar on the way in. BBK United equalised 5 minutes later when Simon Sipwater slotted the ball past the despairing dive of Leonardo Da Vince

Egg United 2 - 2 Vatican Athletic
    Egg United thought they had won the game when they scored to make it 2-1 in the 87th minute, but a stunning strike from Lionel Biggling levelled the scores in the 92nd minutes.

League Table
    The Dairy Best, GD -1, Pts 9
    BBK United, GD +5, Pts 8
    Eterna FC, GD +1, Pts 7
    4th Spotify FC, GD +1, Pts 7
    5th Vatican Athletic, GD -1, Pts 7
    6th Cirith Ungol FC, GD -1, Pts 6
    7th Matrix FC, GD +1, Pts 4
    8th Egg United FC, GD -2, Pts 4
    9th Koala United, GD -3, Pts 4
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 5

Matrix FC completely dominated this game, and took the lead twice, only for Mr Spotify's team to equalise both time. The cup favourites really shocked their opposition, who weren't expecting them to come out fighting.

The Dairy Best overtake Cirith Ungol FC in the league with this dominant performance at The Grate Gatsbrie.

The shock of the season so far, with Koala United taking the lead from a powerful volley, hitting both the post and the crossbar on the way in. BBK United equalised 5 minutes later when Simon Sipwater slotted the ball past the despairing dive of Leonardo Da Vince

Egg United thought they had won the game when they scored to make it 2-1 in the 87th minute, but a stunning strike from Lionel Biggling levelled the scores in the 92nd minutes.

League Table
    BBK United, GD +5, Pts 8
    Eterna FC, GD +1, Pts 7
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yess :party: :woo: :excited:
    bring it on
    (Original post by Kyx)
    If you want a re-test, we may initiate a vote.

ReputationRep:
    bring it on

Poll added

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 5

League Table
    BBK United, GD +5, Pts 8
    Eterna FC, GD +1, Pts 7
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A great result for us today against a team that, in truth, deserved to win. Our defence was solid today and saved us several times from tricky situations. I thought Danny Smithfield's volley was sublime in particular today. We've got some tricky matches coming up but hopefully, we'll soon be able to rise up through the table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Poll added

ReputationRep:
    Kyx Football Association Rules Update
    Financial Rules Update
    1. Each team participating in the league automatically receives £10,000,000
    2. Each team that wins a League Cup Quarter Final receives £4,000,000
    3. Each team that wins a League Cup Semi Final receives, as well as the amount mentioned in 2, £8,000,000
    4. Each team that wins the League Cup Final receives, as well as the amounts mentioned in 2 and 3, £12,000,000
    5. There will be no extra prize money awarded for teams that finish in the bottom 2. Every place above the bottom a team finishes, an extra £3,000,000 is awarded.
    6. The team that loses the Community Shield match is awarded £2,000,000. The team that wins is awarded £5,000,000
    Transfers and Loans Rules Update
    1. A team may have no less than 25 players, and no more than 33
    2. A team may not buy more than 3 players on loan, or sell more than 3 players on loan
    3. A loan may be for 5 matchdays, 10 matchdays, or full season
    4. A player on loan cannot play in the cup, or against the team they are loaned from
    5. A loan may be made at any time during the season. A transfer may only be made during the transfer window, which operates from Matchday 5 until Matchday 10.
    Financial Fair Play Rules Update
    1. If a team is more than £5,000,000 in debt, they are fined £3,000,000 and 3 points are deducted from their league total, and may be ineligible to purchase certain players.
    Fair Play Rules Update
    1. If any player or manager openly critisises a referee or other Kyx Football Association official or the Kyx Football Association itself or any player, manager, or team within the league, or uses foul language in an interview, the result is a £100,000 fine.
    2. If the above occurs a second time, the fine is increased to £500,000 and 1 point is deducted from the team's league total.
    3. If the above occurs a third time, the fine is increased to £1,000,000, and additional point is deducted from the team's league total, and the team is disqualified from the cup.
    Other Rules Update
    1. The winner of the league and the winner of the cup play each other in a match called the Community Shield match. If the team that won the league and the team that won the cup are the same, the team that finished second in the league will play the team that won the league.
    2. Starting from Version 2, each team will be able to purchase and sell any players, as long as the Transfers and Loans Rules and Financial Fair Play rules are followed.

ReputationRep:
    Current finances:
    BBK United £10,000,000
    Eterna FC £10,000,000
    Spotify FC £14,000,000
    Cirith Ungol FC £10,000,000
    The Dairy Best £10,000,000
    Vatican Athletic £14,000,000
    Matrix FC £14,000,000
    Egg United FC £14,000,000
    Koala United £10,000,000

ReputationRep:
    Matchday 6
    Vatican Athletic have a bye this round
    BBK United 1-1 Egg United
    Egg United took a surprise early lead, and lead 1-0 until the 67th minute. BBK United did not show the class which had earned them the second position before this game.

Cirith Ungol FC 1-1 Koala United
    Cirith Ungol FC were lucky to take the lead, Simon Slipitt powering his shot into the roof of the net from 6 yards out. Koala United equalised just before half time, and the match completely deserved the result.

Matrix FC 0-1 The Dairy Best
    The Dairy Best extend their lead at the top of the table, with this victory. The winning goal came from a Dmitri Pie-Ate free kick, which went in off the crossbar.

Eterna FC 3-0 Spotify FC
    This result is partly due to terrific midfield play for Eterna FC, and also brilliant goalkeeping. Perhaps a draw would have been the deserved result, with Eterna FC take all three points.

League Table
    The Dairy Best, GD 0, Pts 12
    Eterna FC, GD +4, Pts 10
    BBK United, GD +5, Pts 9
    4th Vatican Athletic, GD -1, Pts 7
    5th Cirith Ungol FC, GD -1, Pts 7
    6th Spotify FC, GD -2, Pts 7
    7th Egg United FC, GD -2, Pts 5
    8th Koala United, GD -3, Pts 5
    9th Matrix FC, GD 0, Pts 4
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    how did we lose!?!?!?!And how much were you bribed to fix those results Kyx ? :holmes: :mmm:
    I'm too poor to bribe
    bring it on

How did you beat me in that last match? Wasn't expecting that :mmm: Ahh well, our team are practicing very hard for the upcoming match
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Poll added
    Because I've read the new rules:
    Thank you for the poll:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Matchday 6
    Vatican Athletic have a bye this round
    BBK United 1-1 Egg United
    Egg United took a surprise early lead, and lead 1-0 until the 67th minute. BBK United did not show the class which had earned them the second position before this game.

Cirith Ungol FC 1-1 Koala United
    Cirith Ungol FC were lucky to take the lead, Simon Slipitt powering his shot into the roof of the net from 6 yards out. Koala United equalised just before half time, and the match completely deserved the result.

Matrix FC 0-1 The Dairy Best
    The Dairy Best extend their lead at the top of the table, with this victory. The winning goal came from a Dmitri Pie-Ate free kick, which went in off the crossbar.

Eterna FC 3-0 Spotify FC
    This result is partly due to terrific midfield play for Eterna FC, and also brilliant goalkeeping. Perhaps a draw would have been the deserved result, with Eterna FC take all three points.

League Table
    The Dairy Best, GD 0, Pts 12
    Eterna FC, GD +4, Pts 10
    BBK United, GD +5, Pts 9
    4th Vatican Athletic, GD -1, Pts 7
    5th Cirith Ungol FC, GD -1, Pts 7
    6th Spotify FC, GD -2, Pts 7
    7th Egg United FC, GD -2, Pts 5
    8th Koala United, GD -3, Pts 5
    9th Matrix FC, GD 0, Pts 4
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Very close match today. Glad to see us move off the foot of the table. #KoalaWeCan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Financial Rules Update
    3. Each team that wins a League Cup Semi Final receives, as well as the amount mentioned in 2, £8,000,000
    4. Each team that wins the League Cup Final receives, as well as the amounts mentioned in 2 and 3, £12,000,000
    5. There will be no extra prize money awarded for teams that finish in the bottom 2. Every place above the bottom a team finishes, an extra £3,000,000 is awarded.
    6. The team that loses the Community Shield match is awarded £2,000,000. The team that wins is awarded £5,000,000
    2. A team may not buy more than 3 players on loan, or sell more than 3 players on loan
    4. A player on loan cannot play in the cup, or against the team they are loaned from
    5. A loan may be made at any time during the season. A transfer may only be made during the transfer window, which operates from Matchday 5 until Matchday 10.
    1. If a team is more than £5,000,000 in debt, they are fined £3,000,000 and 3 points are deducted from their league total, and may be ineligible to purchase certain players.
    Fair Play Rules Update
    1. If any player or manager openly critisises a referee or other Kyx Football Association official or the Kyx Football Association itself or any player, manager, or team within the league, or uses foul language in an interview, the result is a £100,000 fine.
    2. If the above occurs a second time, the fine is increased to £500,000 and 1 point is deducted from the team's league total.
    3. If the above occurs a third time, the fine is increased to £1,000,000, and additional point is deducted from the team's league total, and the team is disqualified from the cup.
    Other Rules Update
    1. The winner of the league and the winner of the cup play each other in a match called the Community Shield match. If the team that won the league and the team that won the cup are the same, the team that finished second in the league will play the team that won the league.
    2. Starting from Version 2, each team will be able to purchase and sell any players, as long as the Transfers and Loans Rules and Financial Fair Play rules are followed.
    Will you be publishing squad lists at some point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    I'm too poor to bribe

How did you beat me in that last match? Wasn't expecting that :mmm: Ahh well, our team are practicing very hard for the upcoming match

Because I've read the new rules:
    Thank you for the poll:erm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh sure :rolleyes:We are the dairy best none is grater than us
    No practise will be sufficient Enjoy losing :mwuaha:
    :rofl:

(Original post by Kyx)
    Financial Rules Update
    Fair Play Rules Update
    Other Rules Update
    Too lazy to read
    Pls inform me of things I should be aware of

ReputationRep:
    Oh sure :rolleyes:We are the dairy best none is grater than us
    No practise will be sufficient Enjoy losing :mwuaha:
    :rofl:

Too lazy to read
    Pls inform me of things I should be aware of
    I really am so no bribery on my end :nah:
    Haha...yet :ahee:
    We can still try
    My team are improving with the practise they have done thus far, looking forward to what the next game has on offer:yep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Not good signs of a "dairy best" manager:mmm:
    Always read instructions beforehand:yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    I really am so no bribery on my end :nah:
    Haha...yet :ahee:
    We can still try
    My team are improving with the practise they have done thus far, looking forward to what the next game has on offer:yep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Not good signs of a "dairy best" manager:mmm:
    Always read instructions beforehand:yep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your team will be crushed
    Too good for instructions :hand:

ReputationRep:
    Your team will be crushed
    Too good for instructions :hand:
    As long as Paul Hollywood isn't near, that will not be happening
    :rofl: Don't get too complacent:mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling about your exams so far?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.