B1053 – NHS Reform Bill 2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    How is the NHS failing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Well thats why we would be sure that any company or organisation can offer a great service. The NHS is failing and no government can fix this, what we need to do is look at so many options.
    What on earth are you talking about. What 'company or organisation' could possibly do a better job. If an organisation prices people out of healthcare (i.e. poor people can't afford prescription medicine or treatment) then that's an automatic fail in my book. How is the NHS failing? That's a baseless statement if I ever heard one. You're not 'looking at options', you're proposing a specific, deplorable step backwards.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a6901901.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/nhs/...-watchdog.html

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ety-depression

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-reveals.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...breast-8425163

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised some people actually think the NHS isn't failing, thats an incredibly naive view. If it wasn't failing, why is there so much controversy?

ReputationRep:
    How are any of these individual issues solved via privatisation? I'm not ideologically opposed to the idea, its rather much a logical opposition instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    How are any of these individual issues solved via privatisation? I'm not ideologically opposed to the idea, its rather much a logical opposition instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    With you I'm tackling your statement of how the NHS isn't failing, the evidence clearly show it is.

ReputationRep:
    First article is calling for more funding, which is what I would call for. Not privatisation.
    The second article discusses how 'failing' NHS trusts need to improve (an improvement process that can be brought about most effectively thanks to state oversight).
    Lol that you think the third article backs up your argument in anyway. It describes a criticism that can be levied at the nHS because the NHS could do more on mental health - a private system simply wouldn't. Private systems discourage preventative medicine and privatisation would have a horrific effect on mental health treatment in this country (kids aren't going to go to expensive private doctors just to check in case they have an invisible affliction). Same thing with the fourth article. Same thing with the last article.

It's amazing how weak all this is for a list of cherry picked articles. You obviously haven't thought this through.

ReputationRep:
    With you I'm tackling your statement of how the NHS isn't failing, the evidence clearly show it is.
    However it doesn't, you probably just plopped into google "NHS" and "failing" and posted the first few articles you saw. My fiancé was in the hospital the other day and was seen and now she's getting better, my great grandfather is in hospital at the moment being seen to and they're doing a great job. To say that the NHS is failing is an insult to all the members of staff working their backs off to help and treat ourselves, our loved ones and plenty more people who otherwise would have received worse treatment and a massive bill afterwards.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised some people actually think the NHS isn't failing, thats an incredibly naive view. If it wasn't failing, why is there so much controversy?
    By the high standards that the NHS can hold itself to. Privatisation would make every issue you've outlined vastly worse. "It's not perfect, time to privatise" is disgustingly naive. What, do you think privatisation is some kind of magic wand that just magically fixes problems? Terrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    By the high standards that the NHS can hold itself to. Privatisation would make every issue you've outlined vastly worse. "It's not perfect, time to privatise" is disgustingly naive. What, do you think privatisation is some kind of magic wand that just magically fixes problems? Terrible.
    Prsom

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    The correct answer is "we wouldn't disband the NHS at all".
    "correct" in what sense?

ReputationRep:
    This bill is in cessation.

ReputationRep:
    This bill has been withdrawn.

Updated: September 27, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.