[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Out of these choices which ones are the quickest with offers?

Nottingham
    Glasgow
    Liverpool
    Swansea
    Bournemouth

Princepieman
    In my personal experience for Mech Eng, Liverpool gave me an offer in 2 days but Nottingham took until late December and I submitted in late September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pep7191)
    How soon did you get responses when u had sent yours off?
    Warwick was ~2 weeks, then a month for Notts, then three months for UCL, Oxford was a rej post test in December, then had to go to an applicant day thing in April for Bristol before getting the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bump

ReputationRep:
    Bummp

ReputationRep:
    You gonna bump for a long time. When Warwick starts sending offers that is the moment when this thread is going to be full!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be sending my application after October half term or during the half term not sure yet still need to choose my last two choices but I have already selected my first three choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ro01ro)
    I'll be sending my application after October half term or during the half term not sure yet still need to choose my last two choices but I have already selected my first three choices.
    What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    What course?
    I am wanting to do communication and media / Media studies what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ro01ro)
    I am wanting to do communication and media / Media studies what about you?
    Nice! I'll be applying for Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Call me crazy, but I sent in my UCAS on September 7th! I applied to Cambridge, Durham, UCL and Exeter to read English and have received acknowledgement emails from all of them except UCL.

Btw I'm a mature post-qualification applicant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    Good start, you think its too early to send them though? unless your applying or medicine or oxbridge
    There is no 'too early' , to some extent it's a myth put about by schools/ colleges to give them the time and space to do the references etc for those who are applying for Medicine and /or Ox /Cam ...

There is no benefit in getting applications in earlier than the equal consideration cut off date - even if some places do issue offers earlier ( if you want to be conspiratorial you might even think that just before the equal consideration cut off is optimal as a HEI / dept that is 'behind' on it;s offers might be more generous in either grades or giving the offer - until you get an offer ' rejection you are still in the pool for that application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)
    Call me crazy, but I sent in my UCAS on September 7th! I applied to Cambridge, Durham, UCL and Exeter to read English and have received acknowledgement emails from all of them except UCL.

Oh wow that is really early. Good luck with your application and I hope you get your first choice

I'm sending mine off in a week's time. Just need to tie off some loose ends and take out £23!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    You gonna bump for a long time. When Warwick starts sending offers that is the moment when this thread is going to be full!
    Genuinely think it'll start getting full around October/November time :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dante991)
    In my personal experience for Mech Eng, Liverpool gave me an offer in 2 days but Nottingham took until late December and I submitted in late September
    I genuinely hope Nottingham's faster this year :/

ReputationRep:
    My mate at college has just got an offer for Physics from Newcastle University. I think this is the first offer of the 2017 admissions cycle on TSR! Proof:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dorababy1995)

Edit: I've now got it from all my choices.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    Oh wow that is really early. Good luck with your application and I hope you get your first choice

I'm sending mine off in a week's time. Just need to tie off some loose ends and take out £23!

Thanks very much! Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    My mate at college has just got an offer for Physics from Newcastle University. I think this is the first offer of the 2017 admissions cycle on TSR! Proof:

Wow! Exciting times!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats to your friend! When did he apply and where else did he apply for?

ReputationRep:
    following

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.