Barclays 2017 Graduate Programme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SethRollins26)
    Cool. I will be joining Barclays (middle/back office) in 2017 if anyone has any questions. Got the offer after completing an internship.
    How did you find the working culture in Barclays? Were there any reasons (beside you getting an offer) that made you want to stay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SethRollins26)
    Cool. I will be joining Barclays (middle/back office) in 2017 if anyone has any questions. Got the offer after completing an internship.
    what do you think you did to stand out on the internship?

ReputationRep:
    I Applied for the Wealth Management Scheme about a week ago..

Still awaiting results from the First business stage.

ReputationRep:
    anything yet?
    (Original post by WM2017)
    I Applied for the Wealth Management Scheme about a week ago..

Still awaiting results from the First business stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alisha40)
    anything yet?
    Nope nothing yet!

I'm hopping something will pop up this week. Fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who have done Business Insight 2 assessment (Online Interview), do you have any advice on how to prepare? Also, roughly how long did it take?

ReputationRep:
    Hi Commercial Paper,

Hope your application goes well. Do you mind shedding some light on Barclay's video interview? Are the questions similar to last year's strength based Qs? Many thanks and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Just did Barclays insight 2. Found it really tough, not what I was expecting... Oh well

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! Why did you find it tough?
    (Original post by Saskia1694)
    Just did Barclays insight 2. Found it really tough, not what I was expecting... Oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksqcyjr)
    Hi Commercial Paper,

Hope your application goes well. Do you mind shedding some light on Barclay's video interview? Are the questions similar to last year's strength based Qs? Many thanks and good luck!
    I haven't done it but my understanding is you'll be asked questions in a role play, about a particular scenario and that you cannot prepare for it. It's timed and also there will be some numerical questions. Basically like the first test but you're saying what you'd do rather than ranking options.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Commercial Paper)
    I haven't done it but my understanding is you'll be asked questions in a role play, about a particular scenario and that you cannot prepare for it. It's timed and also there will be some numerical questions. Basically like the first test but you're saying what you'd do rather than ranking options.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright, thank you for your insight and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebadboy761)
    Same here - did the test last week, got the results today.
    I completed Barclays Business Insight Online Assesment 1 around 40 minutes ago and when I completed it took me to a page saying "There are no more assessments to take- please return to your application." However, other than clicking "back" to the go to the previous page, there is no where else I can click on that page. I also have not received any email saying acknowledging that I have completed the test
    i.e. an email saying "Thank you for completing the test".

I understand that one may not get their result straight away, however I believe other people on this thread said that they got an acknowledgement email straight after completing the assessment. So I am a bit concerned about this.

Also, on this web page
    http://joinus.barclays.com/emea/appl...and-selection/
    it says
    "You'll hear back from us shortly with a constructive strengths-based feedback report" and yet I have not received that.

I hope this is not because I took like 6 hours to complete it
    (I know that is really long but I got stuck on 1 or 2 calculation questions and wanted to carefully check everything through)

Has anyone else had the same problem as me?

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, they took about a week - 10 days to get back to most of us even with the feedback reports.
    (Original post by midnight999)
    I completed Barclays Business Insight Online Assesment 1 around 40 minutes ago and when I completed it took me to a page saying "There are no more assessments to take- please return to your application." However, other than clicking "back" to the go to the previous page, there is no where else I can click on that page. I also have not received any email saying acknowledging that I have completed the test

I understand that one may not get their result straight away, however I believe other people on this thread said that they got an acknowledgement email straight after completing the assessment. So I am a bit concerned about this.

Also, on this web page
    it says
    "You'll hear back from us shortly with a constructive strengths-based feedback report" and yet I have not received that.

(I know that is really long but I got stuck on 1 or 2 calculation questions and wanted to carefully check everything through)

ReputationRep:
    Oh ok so did did you not even get an acknowledgement email before getting feedback?

Were you invited to insight assessment 2 when you received your feedback?

ReputationRep:

Also, on this web page
    it says

In the same boat; I completed on Friday and heard nothing since then. Fingers crossed for both of us.

ReputationRep:

Also, on this web page
    it says

Hey, I was in the same boat as you. Don't worry. You'll get the insight 2 if you make the cut (I got it as well - dunno how I did though).

I think that some of the streams are automated whilst some are not which is why it takes some time to process. Also, when I submitted my application, apparently I had some information missing due to a system error which is why I might've been delayed.

ReputationRep:
    Still no news but I got my feedback report.

ReputationRep:
    I just got invited to do the online interview after completing the business insight test 1. Email is below. Is this similar to business insight test 2?

does anyone have any specifics like what they would ask you for the recorded interview? Why Barclays? or something similar?
    I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Corporate Banking Graduate - ********, we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities. To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption. To access the interview, please click on the following link and input the same log-in details you used when you first applied to Barclays. As a reminder your username is: *******

ReputationRep:
    This is Business Insight 2. Congrats.
    (Original post by 123engineer)
    I just got invited to do the online interview after completing the business insight test 1. Email is below. Is this similar to business insight test 2?

does anyone have any specifics like what they would ask you for the recorded interview? Why Barclays? or something similar?
    I am pleased to inform you that following your application for 2017 Corporate Banking Graduate - ********, we would like to find out more about you, what motivates you and how you align to the Barclays Values and Capabilities. To do this, we would like you to complete an online interview. Please ensure you take the interview in a quiet place where you can focus on the questions without interruption. To access the interview, please click on the following link and input the same log-in details you used when you first applied to Barclays. As a reminder your username is: *******

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing?
    (Original post by drawar)
    Still no news but I got my feedback report.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.