Hull-York Medical School 2017 Entry

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I know this is a little early but does anyone have any interview tips specific to hull York. I'm quite shy and awkward and I'm worried that if I do get interviews, I'll mess them up.

ReputationRep:
    I have created a new thread for HYMS 2017 entry in the medical school category so more people can find it

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post68196344

ReputationRep:
    I think we will hear in the next month!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, first year medic at HYMS here. Any questions you have feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    Any tips for the interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue36Biology)
    Hi guys, first year medic at HYMS here. Any questions you have feel free to ask!
    Thank you for your offer to answer questions. The website states that the interview includes a group activity. Is this to observe your interactions with others or does it turn out to be who can stand out by devaluing others opinions? I've heard some horror stories about group interviews where it is every man for himself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy t)
    Thank you for your offer to answer questions. The website states that the interview includes a group activity. Is this to observe your interactions with others or does it turn out to be who can stand out by devaluing others opinions? I've heard some horror stories about group interviews where it is every man for himself.
    There really are no horror stories! When I did it last year, it was a PBL style discussion with around 8-9 of your fellow interviewees. There was a case presented to us and we were instructed to discuss it amongst ourselves. It was to observe our communication skills and team-building really.

ReputationRep:
    There really are no horror stories! When I did it last year, it was a PBL style discussion with around 8-9 of your fellow interviewees. There was a case presented to us and we were instructed to discuss it amongst ourselves. It was to observe our communication skills and team-building really.
    Thank you that's really reassured me.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone started hearing back yet? The waiting is awful...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Irukandji5)
    I haven't heard anything, eyeing this thread to see about others. Hopefully we'll start to hear soon!

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email saying I'm selected for interview!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam Jam24)
    Just got an email saying I'm selected for interview!!!
    SAME!!!! What day are you on?! Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I think they have started giving out interview offers today!

ReputationRep:
    SAME!!!! What day are you on?! Congratulations
    Thank you! Congrats to you too December 7th how about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jam Jam24)
    Thank you! Congrats to you too December 7th how about you?
    Same again, mine's at 10:50 so might see you there

ReputationRep:
    Me too guys😝

ReputationRep:
    Wat kind of cases do they show us? Do they expect u to know a little bit about that subject n can u give us an example please? Thankyou in advance

ReputationRep:
    Ah nice but mines at 15:05 so maybe! The interview lasts nearly 3 hours though scary!!

ReputationRep:
    Mines at 10:50 too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Can't think name)
    Me too guys😝
    Well done everyone! Do you mind me asking what your stats were? I'm so worried best of luck though 😊

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.