Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is 4chan? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkEnergy)
    I was saying I thought Stormfront was supposed to be some free speech bastion, but I've never been on it myself just heard about it.
    Stormfront is great - truly a hub for political correctness and the acceptance of ethnic diversity

I went on there once and identified myself as an atheist black person and I got lots of positive responses from everyone else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnGreek)
    Stormfront is great - truly a hub for political correctness and the acceptance of ethnic diversity

I went on there once and identified myself as an atheist black person and I got lots of positive responses from everyone else
    Haha, just googled what it actually was. Oops my bad. Definitely not a free speech bastion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr T 999)
    Just googled it

4chan is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images.
    Yeah that's what it is. The posts on it are very disturbing and gory.

(Original post by saraxh)
    A few youtubers were talking about it
    The darkest place on the visible web.

ReputationRep:
    lmao all these normies have no idea

just an imageboard that's NOT part of the dark web. No one is going to hack or track you for using it, even if you post. /b/ is the random imageboard and the most well known, /pol/ and /v/ probably come after that.

8chan is better btw
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Typical 4chan user

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Typical 4chan user
    That's Reddit or 9gag, normie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Typical 4chan user
    triggered

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    A few youtubers were talking about it
    normie

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    Something that you don't want to mess with, if you ever want to browse 4chan use an ip changing software so they can't track you down. Don't speak to anyone don't even post anything...unless you want to be attacked and hacked....
    Its basically if craiglist and reddit had a nsfw child or well the accessible dark web...
    What? Funniest thing I've read all day.

ReputationRep:
    4chan is the home of numerous message boards, the best being /k/ and /pol/ respectively. It's an absolute mess and is stuck permanently in about 2004. I rarely go on it tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.