Go to Southampton or...?

Announcements

I can't live feeling like this. I just feel like I've bullied and threatened my way to get into university. My mind just isn't ready for uni yet

My mind just isn't ready for uni yet. I just feel like I don't deserve those grades and I feel like I have bullied and threatened my way into university especially the exams that I missed where in the 90 ums. My parents think too highly of me my first two exams were amazzing (as) and then the next two were a shambles (b,d) and the last 2 were even worse (u,u) and the one's in between that I missed were (aau) due to my enhanced grading. I feel like I don't deserve the grades I have the ones I missed (aau) I feel like I should have got (uuu)

My family don't even know what's best for me. I just can't go this year. And my family say you think you know what's best for you and they always try to make important decisions for me. I'm set on going back to school again to reconsolidate my knowledge and I'm thinking about going into electrical and electronic engineering because that would be better for me because it combines maths, physics and computers.

(Original post by Princepieman)
    LOOOOOOOOOL so you're Nigerian. That explains things somewhat, tell her to chill out ahaha and you too, you're making this situation a mountain out of a mole hill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm making a mountain out of a molehill

(Original post by alexp98)
    Why are you so obsessed with resisting? I told you a week or so ago to just move on but since you haven't little reality check for you: You're not even going to be anywhere near 'to good' for Southampton, in reality there will be far many better applicants with higher grades than you. So your friends are wrong.
    It's true there are people there with like a*a*b

ReputationRep:
    This is without a doubt the funniest thread on TSR. 😂😂😂

Ps Hope Southampton is going well

Posted from TSR Mobile

Update I've changed couse to something I love. And I was happy until my parents brought me home. And I got taken to a mental hospital by my dad. Someone drew a knife on me whilst I was there. I got assulted by my dad when I tried to leave the house. I got restrained by each and everyone one of my family members. My mum had a spinal operation. The police got called from the uni to ask about my welfare. My number just got blocked from calling the police.

I've also been told/forced by my personal academic tutor to suspend and differ until next year.

What do you think I should do I'm not even sure if I like the uni itself and I'm thinking of applying somewhere lower down. And I'm thinking of applying to unis in other countries and taking a year off and doing some work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaCoolio)
    I've also been told/forced by my personal academic tutor to suspend and differ until next year.
    (Original post by VictoriaCoolio)
    What do you think I should do I'm not even sure if I like the uni itself and I'm thinking of applying somewhere lower down. And I'm thinking of applying to unis in other countries and taking a year off and doing some work
    Assuming this deferral is for health reasons, I think you should get the medical advice and treatment you need, and see how you feel after that.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 14, 2017
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you prefer to be told about sex by your:
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.