Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Why aren't there any mexicans in the UK? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lachimie)
    I'd rather judge a country based on what the normal/average people are like, not media headlines, did you know the north of Somalia is actually pretty peaceful,the north broke away as Somaliland and is described as a beacon of democracy due to the countless elections they've had. Do a little research of your own accord before speaking about countries
    Well, if the north is Somaliland, then it's not Somalia anymore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Secretnerd123)
    Other than the first and last point, this sir is 100% ********
    Strong argument here, you convinced me. Somalia is a beacon of democracy with a strong economy and a great healthcare system.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Well, if the north is Somaliland, then it's not Somalia anymore.
    Its not independent. It will always be part of somalia.

I wonder what Somali girl rejected you to be this bitter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lachimie)
    I'd rather judge a country based on what the normal/average people are like, not media headlines, did you know the north of Somalia is actually pretty peaceful,the north broke away as Somaliland and is described as a beacon of democracy due to the countless elections they've had. Do a little research of your own accord before speaking about countries
    lol, it's no secret that it's still one of the poorest places on earth. Congrats on them being a democracy though

ReputationRep:
    Well you can say that about alot of countries and terrorism isnt synonym to somalia. I and many others think of nonafrican countries like France and the US when we think of terrorism

Dont believe eveything you see on the news. I was born there and even though I havent been back, I know many young somalis who have left western countries to actually go and live there because they genuinely felt its better than their countries.
    Riiiigghhtt......

ReputationRep:
    Pitbull is finer
    I find that really odd, Pitbull looks like a trampy lightskin fat Ronaldo, that guy is absolutely stunning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I think you're a bit biased. I really doubt that people went back to Somalia because they "felt it is better than their countries".

- Somalia is in civil war since 1992
    - GDP per inhabitant is $284.
    - Life expectancy is 52yo (218th on 224 countries).
    - Literacy rate is about 24%.
    - Infant mortality rate is 137‰ (3rd worse in the world).
    - "The inflation rate is estimated to remain in the range of 300%." http://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/upload...ry%20Brief.pdf

In short, Somalia is a s***hole. No offence.
    137%? That would mean more infants die than get born...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    137%? That would mean more infants die than get born...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not percent, it's per mille (‰). It means that 13.7% of children die in infancy. Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    It's not percent, it's per mille (‰). It means that 13.7% of children die in infancy. Yep.
    Youre so bitter that its almost hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Youre so bitter that its almost hilarious
    I'm not bitter? I just state the fact that infant mortality is extremely high in Somalia.

Poll
Liquorice: Love it, or loathe it?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.