Why do White Brits do worse than most minorities in education?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cornflakes1688)
    probably because their parent brought them to the country for a better chance at life so they are more willing to make the most of it whereas the brits have had 1st world privileges all their lives so probably see it as just take it for granted, i think? or it could be some cultures are stricter for example indian kids are likely to be belitted if they don't do well in their exams and made to feel inferior by their indian peers in the community and their parent show off etc. so they could be trying to avoid that whereas, pardon my french but white british people seem to be more easy going and it's more like 'do your best' rather than a competition, correct me if i'm wrong?????
    100% accurate mate.

ReputationRep:
    Decline in white anglo morality in favour of what is convenient and functional in the moment. All about short term jobs, immediate gratification through alcohol, computer games, cigarettes, football. There doesn't seem to be the same spirituality given to food, family life and education which you see in most of the non western world and the mediterranean. Plus the metropolitian/jewish elite try and exploit this and try and further exclude native Brits from jobs/higher education (actually even min wage work as well where they demonise white trash in favour of 'hard working' slavs)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fksociety)
    lol what would this country be in 20 years time without immigrants.
    Good point.

It is almost as if we didn't become the richest and most powerful country on the planet without any immigration to speak of after the eleventh century!

(With the notable exception of several thousand French protestants in the sixteenth century).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)
    Good point.

It is almost as if we didn't become the richest and most powerful country on the planet without any immigration to speak of after the eleventh century!

(With the notable exception of several thousand French protestants in the sixteenth century).
    I was talking about this country and its future without immigrants. What a silly straw man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generallee)
    Good point.

Rich because they basically looted half the world??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pandering to minorities will have that effect on the indigenous population.

ReputationRep:
    Probs less value placed on education perhaps due to the presence of a social welfare system, benefits. I guess people look up to their parents' aspirations often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksj.11)
    Rich because they basically looted half the world??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yup. Pretty nifty, huh?

Actually Britain became the most powerful country on the planet because it was the first nation in history to industrialise not because it "looted half the world."

The East India Company sales in 1800, for example, were a mere 2% of British GDP. And that was revenue, not profit.

As the Empire matured it cost far more to administer than was gained from it.

The idea that Britain "looted half the world" is a myth. I know it isn't fashionable to point that out nowadays, but it happens to be true.

You should check out the history of South America and its conquest by Spain. Now THAT is how a colonial power loots.

We were amateurs at it. The Spaniards didn't hang around, they tortured the natives to get them to reveal where any gold and silver was hidden then burnt them to death. Then when they subsequently found silver mines they made the Indians walk up to a thousand miles for the privilege of being worked to death inside them.

Some historians argue that 90% of the Indian population was wiped out in Peru and Bolivia during the post conquest period.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NewMorality88)
    Decline in white anglo morality in favour of what is convenient and functional in the moment. All about short term jobs, immediate gratification through alcohol, computer games, cigarettes, football. There doesn't seem to be the same spirituality given to food, family life and education which you see in most of the non western world and the mediterranean. Plus the metropolitian/jewish elite try and exploit this and try and further exclude native Brits from jobs/higher education (actually even min wage work as well where they demonise white trash in favour of 'hard working' slavs)
    Wish I could unrep you now. Agreed with you until you said the jewish elite try to exploit this. Quit with the anti semitism.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a white male so here's my experience and perspective

on one part, it's laziness as you get more chances with very few qualifications (I'm excluding those with parental industry to follow into as they didn't need to bother with guaranteed jobs )
    and I can say I don't think I would be dealing in jewellery like I am if I wasn't white as people would trust me less for no good reason other than racism (in my experience of talking to people in the trade who have come from Dubai, Colombia and Myanmar)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    What happened to the Chinese in 2013?
    The new generation of Chinese parents just aren't beating their children hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    What do you think the reason for it is then?
    despite similarties in their faiths perhaps there must have been some significant deviation in culture between both faith groups - wheras you could say jewish people have modernised throughout history and adapt to various socieites, whilst being able to maintain their identity - which is an important characteristic in order to become a successful and prosperous group

ReputationRep:
    Culture.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Have you ever bought a piece of work and submitted it as your own?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.