Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do normal people make friends? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    **** out for Harambe tends to work.

ReputationRep:
    It's better to be interested than interesting.

Heard that gem at a uni talk today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orbital Rising)
    **** out for Harambe tends to work.
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    It's harder to make friends as you get older full stop.

I'm sitting here seriously wondering if i'll ever make a friend again.

Sometimes think the same.

ReputationRep:
    Searching for normal people on TSR :rofl:

(Original post by tamil fever)
    k
    no need to be so rude
    I was not trying to be.

I just wanted to point that out.

And how come you edited your post?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Sometimes think the same.
    When you get to my age everyone has a long term partner and has no need to make friends. So people like me who are too ugly for love are ****ed

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Blackstarr)
    And how come you edited your post?
    hahaha.
    basically.....i thought u were a guy so i wrote"sorry sir"
    ^extremely sorry I hope u can forgive me.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    Offer them food. :ninja:
    this is literally the BEST way to make friends, thats how i met most of my friends tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    When you get to my age everyone has a long term partner and has no need to make friends. So people like me who are too ugly for love are ****ed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure you once said you were in your mid 20s. Wouldn't say everyone at that age has a long-term partner.

People become absorbed with their partners and withdraw a bit from friends in their 30s I would say.

C'mon man don't say that. I see below average men with girlfriends/wives all the time.

Ah well we can be Forever Alone together. :beer:

(Original post by tamil fever)
    hahaha.
    basically.....i thought u were a guy so i wrote"sorry sir"
    ^extremely sorry I hope u can forgive me.....
    No problem

(Original post by Blackstarr)
    No problem
    I followed u btw

ReputationRep:
    Don't lose hope! I had no friends at all from 11 to 21 basically. I'm 24 and I have many friends now. I keep meeting new people too...

Not sure what changed. I was extremely shy. I decided to not give a **** anymore and talk to people. Also, I had a pretty bad hygiene! Good luck

(Original post by Conkerr)
    Don't lose hope! I had no friends at all from 11 to 21 basically. I'm 24 and I have many friends now. I keep meeting new people too...

Not sure what changed. I was extremely shy. I decided to not give a **** anymore and talk to people. Also, I had a pretty bad hygiene! Good luck
    How did you suddenly boost your self - confidence and find friends? Im in Year 11 now and I have friends but we're not really close. I used to be in a group with them but they always made me feel inferior and that I depended on them so they could do whatever they wanted with me (basically they bullied me) Theyre tryna be all nice and friendly now probably cuz I got an A* in my Maths GCSE and they got B's and C's but they didnt really accept me for who I was and I would really like to find a nice friendship group. Ive started talking to people around me (theyre quite shocked cuz I was really quiet in Year 9 and 10) and participate in class. But I just dont know how to find one and if they'll be nice friendly people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    How did you suddenly boost your self - confidence and find friends? Im in Year 11 now and I have friends but we're not really close. I used to be in a group with them but they always made me feel inferior and that I depended on them so they could do whatever they wanted with me (basically they bullied me) Theyre tryna be all nice and friendly now probably cuz I got an A* in my Maths GCSE and they got B's and C's but they didnt really accept me for who I was and I would really like to find a nice friendship group. Ive started talking to people around me (theyre quite shocked cuz I was really quiet in Year 9 and 10) and participate in class. But I just dont know how to find one and if they'll be nice friendly people.
    I was in that situation too when I was still at school. Honestly, forget those people. You know what they say, it's better to be alone than in bad company. Finding that one friend is the hardest thing to do.

I took a few minutes (more like a few hours or even a few weeks) to think about my life in general. And it just wasn't working... I'm not saying I'm not shy anymore because it's not as easy as that but... I definitely improved. Yeah, I was a nice guy, respectful and all but I couldn't get anywhere with people (no friends, no girlfriend at the time).

Can't really help you more. I was lucky. I had 1 friend at the time (that was about 3 years ago), I met his girlfriend's friend. Without that girl maybe I would still have no friends today. I met her brother and her sisters, her friends (and she had a lot), then I met the friends of those friends, etc. The irony is that it all started with her and I can't stand her anymore. I still see her family regularly, everyone but her. I'm glad I met her though. Good luck finding that one friend. I really hope you'll find him/her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.