Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Black lives matter or All lives matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DoodleDee)
    Its not to say black lives matter more than any other, but from the recent police brutality in the US where its apparent black people are treated worst in many cases, the whole movement was to open peoples eyes to this and say hey, just cos they're black doesn't mean you can treat them like shite, their life matters

That's it. its literally trying to create more equality for black people in a place that is clearly lacking it. its not trying to detract any meaning to other lives.
    But what equality are they trying to create when more white people die year on year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mavrick388)
    There's no law when you're ****ing dead. I hope you're a troll because if you're not, God forbid you every get yourself into a dangerous situation.
    But if you fully comply you wouldn't be dead. And guess what, the world moves on after you're dead and if you chose to kill an officer, guess what the law is still there too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacarch12)
    Do you hear yourself, 99% of people dont care? You need to come down to Earth. Many people care hence why I am saying all lives matter.
    I'm sorry I cant tear down an establishment that large, just not part of my daily schedule really.
    "99% of people won't do a damn themselves to see the end of police brutality"

Pls read. You are apparently, also in that 99 who aren't going to do anything but say "I care" on an internet forum. How about we let the black people who are trying have a shot?

ReputationRep:
    What is so hard to understand about the fact that campaigning organisations exist for specific things? UNICEF exists to provide humanitarian aid for children - I don't see anybody accusing UNICEF of suggesting that children are the only people that matter in the world. There is nothing about BLM that suggests that black people are the only lives that matter or that other groups do not also have problems, they are a group that has identified a problem and want to work to fix it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    How about we let the black people who are trying have a shot?
    by rioting and destroying their own neighborhoods...

ReputationRep:
    "99% of people won't do a damn themselves to see the end of police brutality"

Pls read. You are apparently, also in that 99 who aren't going to do anything but say "I care" on an internet forum. How about we let the black people who are trying have a shot?
    Wait, wait, so setting fires to buildings, causing criminal damage, looting and targeting police is "having a shot at fixing it"

How about, All lives matter is actually allowed to become a legitimate movement and people can stop pushing the organisations legitimacy and voice down a hole in the fear of being labelled racist or thinking blacks deserve anymore justice than we do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    What is so hard to understand about the fact that campaigning organisations exist for specific things? UNICEF exists to provide humanitarian aid for children - I don't see anybody accusing UNICEF of suggesting that children are the only people that matter in the world. There is nothing about BLM that suggests that black people are the only lives that matter or that other groups do not also have problems, they are a group that has identified a problem and want to work to fix it.
    UNICEF Are a charitable organisation, with a set goal, a structure and support from everyone around the globe. UNICEF support Children no matter what race, where they come from or any other variable. However in my opinion Black lives matter is a focus on Black lives and that is unfair considering White people also face the same issues on a larger scale, so having a group called All lives matter would infact be closer to an organisation like UNICEF as it doesn't discriminate on race or severity of issues it tries to help ALL children and not just those with proportionally more issues or a specific race.

ReputationRep:
    Wait, wait, so setting fires to buildings, causing criminal damage, looting and targeting police is "having a shot at fixing it"

How about, All lives matter is actually allowed to become a legitimate movement and people can stop pushing the organisations legitimacy and voice down a hole in the fear of being labelled racist or thinking blacks deserve anymore justice than we do.
    (Original post by Waifuism)
    by rioting and destroying their own neighborhoods...
    What if I told you that peaceful protests exist as well and that retard rioters don't represent the whole demographic of BLM supporters? Pretty mind blowing, right?

For the part in bold, uh... none of that is happening. Seriously. None of it. Saying "All lives matter" is the PC liberal route these days. If you want to hold protests and form a twitter account and some kind of leadership no one's stopping you. Just make sure your arguments extend beyond "Black people are stealing the limelight"

ReputationRep:
    UNICEF Are a charitable organisation, with a set goal, a structure and support from everyone around the globe. UNICEF support Children no matter what race, where they come from or any other variable. However in my opinion Black lives matter is a focus on Black lives and that is unfair considering White people also face the same issues on a larger scale, so having a group called All lives matter would infact be closer to an organisation like UNICEF as it doesn't discriminate on race or severity of issues it tries to help ALL children and not just those with proportionally more issues or a specific race.
    I don't agree at all. Racial divisions exist whether you like it or not and there are very real problems facing the black community in the United States. It's a legitimate group of people just as children in developing and disaster stricken countries is a legitimate group of people so BLM's existence is completely justified. That's not to say that I agree with everything the movement does, but there's nothing wrong with the movement's existence.

ReputationRep:
    What if I told you that peaceful protests exist as well and that retard rioters don't represent the whole demographic of BLM supporters? Pretty mind blowing, right?

For the part in bold, uh... none of that is happening. Seriously. None of it. Saying "All lives matter" is the PC liberal route these days. If you want to hold protests and form a twitter account and some kind of leadership no one's stopping you. Just make sure your arguments extend beyond "Black people are stealing the limelight"
    I literally cannot comprehend what you are trying to point out. Im trying to make it fair, if they dont represent the demographic then why are entire communities in ruin?

ReputationRep:
    I literally cannot comprehend what you are trying to point out. Im trying to make it fair, if they dont represent the demographic then why are entire communities in ruin?
    How many people do you think it takes to start a fire, compared to the population of black people in America?

lol.

Also, I have no idea what your point is either, so I guess I'm just going to leave it

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree at all. Racial divisions exist whether you like it or not and there are very real problems facing the black community in the United States. It's a legitimate group of people just as children in developing and disaster stricken countries is a legitimate group of people so BLM's existence is completely justified. That's not to say that I agree with everything the movement does, but there's nothing wrong with the movement's existence.
    So having a radical division between races in 2016 is okay? There are also very real problems facing white communities but where is the acknowledgement for those people, its disproportional in both coverage and quantitative data and therefore unfair. UNICEF helps all children it can, BLM "helps" only blacks.

ReputationRep:
    How many people do you think it takes to start a fire, compared to the population of black people in America?

lol.
    That makes it okay though, its more than one fire to be fair, its more like many businesses destroyed towns ruined, police officers lives destroyed, and no actual real push towards anything changing.

ReputationRep:
    blacks more likely to commit crimes then everyone gets outraged when they get shot for committing crimes LMFAO

ReputationRep:
    So having a radical division between races in 2016 is okay? There are also very real problems facing white communities but where is the acknowledgement for those people, its disproportional in both coverage and quantitative data and therefore unfair. UNICEF helps all children it can, BLM "helps" only blacks.
    Of course it's not okay that these racial divisions exist, which is precisely why BLM exists - to prevent injustices against the black community. I also respect that there are problems facing other ethnic communities but they are of a different nature of other groups can campaign for those issues.

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's not okay that these racial divisions exist, which is precisely why BLM exists - to prevent injustices against the black community. I also respect that there are problems facing other ethnic communities but they are of a different nature of other groups can campaign for those issues.
    But its the exact same issue, more White people are killed year on year by police, maybe BLM doesn't really need to exist when the general problem is either criminals or the police force and not an issue of race?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corbynlover69)
    blacks more likely to commit crimes then everyone gets outraged when they get shot for committing crimes LMFAO
    That is in all honesty the regressive left in a nutshell.

ReputationRep:
    That makes it okay though, its more than one fire to be fair, its more like many businesses destroyed towns ruined, police officers lives destroyed, and no actual real push towards anything changing.
    If your only gripe with BLM is that there are a couple of violent protests, by that same vein you would also be against the end of segregation and women being allowed to vote

ReputationRep:
    If your only gripe with BLM is that there are a couple of violent protests, by that same vein you would also be against the end of segregation and women being allowed to vote
    More White people are killed year on year by police, maybe BLM doesn't really need to exist when the general problem is either criminals or the police force and not an issue of race? Thats my issue with it, it doesn't need to exist and its a voice that doesn't speak for all of us, I am saying we need a voice that speaks for Police Brutality as a whole not just for Black people.

I have honestly no clue how you got to the conclusion that I would be against those things.

ReputationRep:
    But what equality are they trying to create when more white people die year on year?
    They're trying to create equality of how black people are treated in general- the police brutality has just sparked it and opened peoples eyes to it more. It can't be denied that black people have ever been seen as equals - would you say they are?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.