Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

why do third wave feminists look down on women who aren't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upperechelon)
    like ok, I don't feel the need to be unnecessarily angry about imaginary prejudices, it doesn't mean you can be so condescending and aggressive towards me. i am constantly harassed about this apparent 'wage gap' and 'rape culture' that plagues me. I know for a fact that the wage gap is due to many reasons aside from 'sexism', and I for one believe, at least in the West, that 'rape culture', which would insinuate rape is celebrated, does not exist to the point where it could be deemed a culture
    Because women who don't identify as third-wave feminists, or feminists at all, tend to have succeeded in all the ways the third-wave lot allege is impossible. Margaret Thatcher and Theresa May being great examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    omg me too, that is my ****

goldmine from vice xx may be the only thing that tops it

ReputationRep:
    Well this followed an entirely predictable trajectory. It's good to see we at least havent progressed either way since I joined.

ReputationRep:
    Wanting gender equality makes you as much of a feminist as being religious makes you a christian. Egalitarianism all the way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)

goldmine from vice xx may be the only thing that tops it
    :eek: how have i only just seen this beautiful baby

ReputationRep:
    :eek: how have i only just seen this beautiful baby
    it's the ****, yeah
    and it's sooo damn shinyyyy

ReputationRep:
    it's the ****, yeah
    tbh my favourite UD palette is easily Naked 3 anyway, but personally i'm more of a lorac gal, their unzipped palettes

ReputationRep:
    tbh my favourite UD palette is easily Naked 3 anyway, but personally i'm more of a lorac gal, their unzipped palettes
    i really like ud's vice xx, mainly because it's got absolutely everything u need.. old shades from like 10 yrs ago, colours from naked 1 and a bunch of really crazy babies that are absolutely amazing

when i get a dog, i wanna name him lorac lol))
    that crazy?

ReputationRep:
    it's the ****, yeah
    Is it ok to say that this is all gibberish to me? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    i really like ud's vice xx, mainly because it's got absolutely everything u need.. old shades from like 10 yrs ago, colours from naked 1 and a bunch of really crazy babies that are absolutely amazing

when i get a dog, i wanna name him lorac lol))
    that crazy?
    as long as u get a golden retriever, any name will suit it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saba XD)
    Is it ok to say that this is all gibberish to me? :lol:
    http://www.temptalia.com/wp-content/...ette039_hq.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THEM BEAUTIFUL PALETTES

ReputationRep:
    http://www.temptalia.com/wp-content/...ette039_hq.jpg

JUST LOOK AT THEM BEAUTIFUL PALETTES
    I love these neutral colours. But, I think I'm just an eyeliner and mascara type of person.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)

o **** waddup
    I genuinely think this woman is trolling. 22 degrees is "freezing". LOL.

ReputationRep:
    Feminism is misogynistic because it undermines a woman's ability to make decisions for herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbronze1)
    Maybe it's because the air conditioning is sexist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redbronze1)
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Maybe it's because the air conditioning is sexist
    Is Winter sexist as well

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is a third wave feminist?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by upperechelon)
    first wave feminism got women the vote
    second wave feminism got women the vast majority of legal rights such as marital rights etc
    the difference between these and third wave feminism is that first and 2nd had clear cut, real goals. third wave feminism is just a mesh of coagulated man hatred
    i m a feminist but i don't hate men lol
    they re cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    do you think all the points she made are invalid? are there not some real man-haters among the 3rd wave crowdd?

Ridiculous post. Gives the OP a run for her money even.

Every social group has its extreme members, be it religious, political, or cultural. To discredit the entire group because of its extreme members is infantile, or a perfect example of confirmation bias.

"I don't like group X, therefore I shall selectively attend to it's most extreme members, to paint the rest of the group as irrational". It's a tried and test method actually

Poll
Do you have exam superstitions?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.