Birmingham Medicine 2017 entry

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aRandomGuy)
    We're applying to similar unis. Do keep in touch via PM!
    Sure, I'll let you know if I get any interviews!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    would a score of 6.87 get interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kantth1)
    Hi guys,
    would a score of 6.87 get interview?
    Well, the cut off last year was 6.17 so most likely, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Is applying with a 6.5 score even worth it? I got 7A*s and 3 As as well as a really low UKCAT of 610.

ReputationRep:
    My score is 6.003 but I self-taught my iGSCEs and had a family member pass away from Stage IV breast cancer. I really want to apply ;/

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Birmingham as an International Student:

My PS is pretty well written
    IB predicted is 39 overall with 7,6,6,5 at HL and 6,6 at SL
    UKCAT score was pretty low, 1780 Band 2

What r ur thoughts???

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've applied to Birmingham for medicine and just received an email saying that they aim to reply in 15 working days. Does anyone know if this is right as I did not expect to hear anything until December?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShenelW)
    Hi, I've applied to Birmingham for medicine and just received an email saying that they aim to reply in 15 working days. Does anyone know if this is right as I did not expect to hear anything until December?
    I got this too, I think they'll probably get back to us in 15 days to say they're still reviewing the application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShenelW)

(Original post by elish2chambers)
    I got this too, I think they'll probably get back to us in 15 days to say they're still reviewing the application
    When did you guys send your UCAS ? I sent mine today but didn't get that email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)
    When did you guys send your UCAS ? I sent mine today but didn't get that email.
    I got mine about a day later, I wouldn't worry they'll probably send it tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I've applied to Birmingham, Leicester, Southampton and Sheffield!
    GCSEs: 10 A*, 1 A
    A levels: A*AA (I'm on a gap year)
    UKCAT: 2270
    So nervous to hear back but I know it could be months. Where has everyone else applied to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmaaa0853)
    Hi everyone, I've applied to Birmingham, Leicester, Southampton and Sheffield!
    GCSEs: 10 A*, 1 A
    A levels: A*AA (I'm on a gap year)
    UKCAT: 2270
    So nervous to hear back but I know it could be months. Where has everyone else applied to?
    A*AA gap year applicant too
    Applying to Leicester, Birmingham, Cardiff and Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Predictions: A*A*A
    Score: 8/10

Do I have a good chance?
    Plus do they look at personal statements?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninjakam119)
    Ah yeah I really like Leicester and Birmingham! What was your UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemmaaa0853)
    Ah yeah I really like Leicester and Birmingham! What was your UKCAT?
    I'm thinking Leicester is going to be my first choice. It was nothing amazing (2000) so you're 2 points ahead on Leicester's scoring

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking Leicester is going to be my first choice. It was nothing amazing (2000) so you're 2 points ahead on Leicester's scoring
    That's a really good UKCAT! Did you get full marks for your GCSEs?

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, we're applying to exactly the same unis, although I'm not a gap-year student Cardiff or Birmingham will most likely be my top choice should I be lucky enough to receive offers from both...

ReputationRep:
    Do you think they'll let us know within the 15 days if they want to invite us to interview ? As I read on there website somewhere that they start interviewing from November which is pretty early.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone received any offers/rejections? I sent mine off in September and the suspense is killing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miranda98)
    Has anyone received any offers/rejections? I sent mine off in September and the suspense is killing me
    People won't be getting any offers/rejections for a loonnnngg time. No one has been interviewed yet so don't worry. It may be until April before you here back from a few unis so be prepared to stick it out for a long time. Not much you can do, I'm afraid. We're all in the same boat here though

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.