Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's the weirdest thing about you? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am an arachnophobe. Sure, millions of people are afraid of spiders,right? But if I see one in my house and it is biggish, I am that terrified of it I literally think it has come in to the house to kill me. I don't mean it's going to strangle me or anything insane, but at that particular moment, all rational thought goes out the window and I genuinely believe if I don't kill it first it will kill me,as i'll die of fright.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    People are way too tame in here (why r u all so perfect?)

A) I suffer from a form of OCD so I may do some things repeatedly to combat my anxiety. Most of those things are not visible to others (like when I repeat things in my head endlessly for days) but some of the behaviours like not being able to sleep or eat because I'm so occupied by them will be visible to others. It's better now, I've sort of managed to control parts of it. It used to be hell.

B) I look quite weird and a few times old people (dunno why it's always old people) have mistaken me for a girl (I nonetheless have a deep-ish voice so it's sort of funny to see their reactions when they realise I'm not a girl). Also somewhat hurtful btw so don't assume people's genders if you haven't even heard their voice yet (feminists are right).

C) I've never said "I love you" to either of my parents. I used to think this is not weird, we're not too touchy-feely as a family but some people find it really weird.

I have far more I think but I'm too tired to write them all.
    getting mistaken for a girl is actually a good thing=))
    it means u have a pretty face lol

have you tried getting medication for your ocd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    I cover the front facing camera on most devices i have, such as tablet and laptop to avoid being watched...

fb mark z covers his microphone too, do you do that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aimen.)
    I can't sleep without the AC on and yet i am all tucked up in a comforter so it is hot again. But I simply can't switch off even in the winters.
    omg i do the same thing sometimes lol

ReputationRep:
    I fancy chavy types :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toasticide)
    Putting aside dangerously wierd stuff, I would say probably my sense of humour. It's completely different to everyone i know and i pretty much laugh at nothing my friends laugh at (resulting in them claiming i find nothing funny) but my sense of humour revolves around completley out of place events. For example if i ever have to create a powerpoint on anything, i HAVE to add in custom animations invovling the title of the slide to spaz around the slide expanding/shrinking rapidly, inevitably resulting in me sabotaging my presentaton as im left there laughing at my nonsense.
    The only reason why others laugh is because my laugh is also pretty wierd but that's besides the point.
    I also find darker things funny. for example i cant help but laugh when i describe spontaneous combustion. People think i like the thought of others dying but it's actually just the thought of having a nice normal day and then out of nowhere.... youre on fire!!! No source, no reason, you're just burning!

TL;DR my sense of humour, it's ridiculous and i wish it was changed but i still like it. People get wrong ideas from it
    =)))))))))))))))))))))))))
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)

fb mark z covers his microphone too, do you do that?
    i only cover the camera...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    When my eyes adjust from a dark room to a light one, I sneeze
    omg really?=))))))))))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    Ive never seen the simpsons/family guy/bake off/strictly
    never seen the simpsons, family guy and strictly either lol
    bake off tho... u insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    There's so many - where to begin?urm

I was better at FM GCSE than GCSE Maths? That's weird, I win

Jelly babies? Or are we really weird....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    PM

And yet you claim to be alive :slap:
    okay=))))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    I fancy chavy types :/
    ...really?=))
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    never seen the simpsons, family guy and strictly either lol
    bake off tho... u insane
    :rofl:
    okay=))))
    :hat2:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a lefty.

Not politics. As in writing hand. Apparently we are supposed to be more more clever but die earlier on average.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    I can't sleep without having a towel covering my TV because I'm scared it will turn on by itself during my sleep and kill me:eek::eek2::eek3::eek4:
    ..wtf=))

ReputationRep:
    ...really?=))
    Yes, totally not cool thing about myself :/

ReputationRep:
    I enjoyed eating Vaseline as a child

ReputationRep:
    getting mistaken for a girl is actually a good thing=))
    it means u have a pretty face lol

have you tried getting medication for your ocd?
    Yes I'm on SSRIs but what they do is sort of make me feel less of anything. Less stress but also less happiness. Obsessions quiet down slightly but never completely go away. It's psychotherapy and more specifically exposure and prevention that helps me the most. Also, I get to cuddle kittens like these as part of it (huge story)

ReputationRep:
    idek :lol:
    :hmmmm: i have to think hard :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty much obsessed with cars!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Yes I'm on SSRIs but what they do is sort of make me feel less of anything. Less stress but also less happiness. Obsessions quiet down slightly but never completely go away. It's psychotherapy and more specifically exposure and prevention that helps me the most. Also, I get to cuddle kittens like these as part of it (huge story)
    that kinda sucks...
    ever thought it would be better if u didn't take meds at all?
    the kittens tho..<3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.