Bye forever guys haha
Tsar101
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by NewVivacity)
yeah well, that didn't go well at all lol
Bye forever guys haha
All I can say is you aren't alone.

According to last year's thread, we should hear back by the 30th of November. But I am not hopeful at all............
Lostperson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tsar101)

According to last year's thread, we should hear back by the 30th of November. But I am not hopeful at all............
no hope after the BMAT.
NewVivacity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Tsar101)

I'm not even exaggerating when I say it was way too screwed up, I guessed practically all of it lol

I'm not gonna check the results when they come out, just going to let the rejection letter do the talking when it comes through. Wish they would just email a rejection instead though haha
Lostperson
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by NewVivacity)
I'm not even exaggerating when I say it was way too screwed up, I guessed practically all of it lol

I'm not gonna check the results when they come out, just going to let the rejection letter do the talking when it comes through. Wish they would just email a rejection instead though haha
mee too,,,
NewVivacity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Lostperson)
mee too,,,
Gotta stay positive, pal! Hopefully our other three choices help us out!
thelusa
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think majority of us found it hard and there were many trick questions, so I guess the boundaries should be lower don't lose hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tsar101
Badges: 15
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by thelusa)
I think majority of us found it hard and there were many trick questions, so I guess the boundaries should be lower don't lose hope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's what I am praying on...
crj512
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, section 2 was pretty rough
HelenCristina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Has anyone heard anything?

Posted from TSR Mobile
mattgreg24
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nah... Have you?
HelenCristina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got an email on Friday saying I was "Highly likely" to receive an interview. But I'm not sure what that means...

Posted from TSR Mobile
thelusa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HelenCristina)
I got an email on Friday saying I was "Highly likely" to receive an interview. But I'm not sure what that means...
Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice, congrats mind sharing your stats?
HelenCristina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Biomedical Science degree 2.1
Reproductive Science and Women's Heath masters distinction

Bmat (not very good) 4.9, 5.3, 3.5A

Posted from TSR Mobile
HelenCristina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also, in the email they said that many of the colleges have been over subscribed so some people have been redistributed to others!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
crj512
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by HelenCristina)

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is from the website:

The shortlisting process involves two stages: one conducted by the Medical School and one by the individual colleges. The Medical School forms a list of recommendations for shortlisting, and passes the list on to colleges. Although the colleges almost always accept the recommendations of the Medical School, the final decision on the shortlist rests with the colleges, and the colleges will send the final formal interview invitation to you. We usually e-mail candidates as a courtesy when we have completed our list of recommendations, because colleges are very busy at this time of year, and some admissions secretaries are under great pressure of work from the undergraduate admissions process; it can take up to two weeks for a college to send out the formal letter of invitation to interview, and we think candidates might find it helpful to have a little more notice so that they can make their plans to come to Oxford.

So definitely good news. Hope the rest of us start hearing soon
HelenCristina
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah! Good luck everyone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
mattgreg24
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hmmmm it sounds like the "highly likely" emails are sent in one batch so I guess that all the applicants with recommendations have been already notified?
NewVivacity
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Perhaps they have! My BMAT went disastrously, so I'll be looking out in the post for my rejection this coming week lolllll
thelusa
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by mattgreg24)
Hmmmm it sounds like the "highly likely" emails are sent in one batch so I guess that all the applicants with recommendations have been already notified?
Last year they were sent on Monday, so I hope not all have been sent yet... my stats are quite strong - 4A*s at A level, 1st predicted in Medical Sciences and 6.9, 6.2, 3A in BMAT, so I hope they give me at least an interview...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (16)
94.12%
No (1)
5.88%

Watched Threads