Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Indian army crosses into Pakistan to attack terrorist targets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idunno99)
    Nice Jihadi profile picture you've got there BAbE
    It is of a Marxist Palestinian Freedom fighter. Are Marxists also Islamic extremists?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, first of all...

How is fighting amongst ourselves going to solve anything?

Secondly, every country has their faults; boasting about your country isn't going to solve anything either, nor is undermining and blaming another country.

Third, Both countries misunderstand each other WAAAAYY TOO MUCH (blame the older generation, your parents, grandparents, the media, whatever form of communication) and I'm not saying everything is a misunderstanding, but between the citizens I mean, politics is another topic entirely.

Fourth, I don't really have a fourth thing to say., except back my sources by saying I'm....'mostly' Indian, have distant relatives from both countries, have really good friends from Pakistan (one of them just got married to an indian), and by most peoples' standards, a retarded *******, so don't mind me, just random opinion passing through... :'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuro_kurotsubaki)
    Okay, first of all...

How is fighting amongst ourselves going to solve anything?

Secondly, every country has their faults; boasting about your country isn't going to solve anything either, nor is undermining and blaming another country.

Third, Both countries misunderstand each other WAAAAYY TOO MUCH (blame the older generation, your parents, grandparents, the media, whatever form of communication) and I'm not saying everything is a misunderstanding, but between the citizens I mean, politics is another topic entirely.
    all
    Fourth, I don't really have a fourth thing to say., except back my sources by saying I'm....'mostly' Indian, have distant relatives from both countries, have really good friends from Pakistan (one of them just got married to an indian), and by most peoples' standards, a retarded *******, so don't mind me, just random opinion passing through... :'
    the average indian DOES NOT have any problems with the average pakistani as they are one of the nicest people you will meet. We share the same language, same food, same clothes so why would we have a problem. Its the ISI and pakistan Army India has a problem with because all their energy is spent on trying to create problems for India rather than financially and economically developing their country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sachinisgod)
    the average Indian DOES NOT have any problems with the average Pakistani as they are one of the nicest people you will meet. We share the same language, same food, same clothes so why would we have a problem. Its the ISI and Pakistan Army India has a problem with because all their energy is spent on trying to create problems for India rather than financially and economically developing their country.
    Point made, good sir. but I suppose the future of that depends highly (I believe) on who Nawaz Sharif (forgive me if I spelt his name wrong) appoints as the new army chief...later in November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxidation)
    Yeah that's true. I heard that Pakistan already has their army prepared for war.
    So you're telling me any other country's army is just chilling and not training for war?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    So you're telling me any other country's army is just chilling and not training for war?
    I heard about Pakistan first. I didn't say India isn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxidation)
    I heard about Pakistan first. I didn't say India isn't.
    :fyi: Every army in the world is training for war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercxver)
    :fyi: Every army in the world is training for war.
    Ok.

ReputationRep:
    Referendum or not we are missing a crucial point here.

The states on the border were given the CHOICE to be with either India, Pakistan or Independent. The legitimate ruler of Jammu and Kashmir decided to be independent and India respected the wishes. But Pakistan being the land grabbing parasites they are decided to invade kashmir and occupy it. The ruler was worried about being part of a hell hole country so he REQUESTED India to assist him in kicking the pakistani army out. India said they will only help in one condition which was if Kashmir acceded to India legally and be a integral Indian state which the ruler AGREED to.

So calling for a referendum when the choice had already been made by the legitimate ruler to be an Indian state; is just fruitless. Pakistanis can try for 5 years or 500 years, they will never get the whole of Kashmir and thats a fact.
    You mean Maharaja Hari Singh? The Hindu puppet dictator of the Muslim majority region?

I assume you also support the decisions of Aurangzeb against the Hindus under his rule then. After all what the ruler says goes right? No need to listen to your populace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kuro_kurotsubaki)
    Both countries misunderstand each other
    We understand them very well, thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    You mean Maharaja Hari Singh? The Hindu puppet dictator of the Muslim majority region?

I assume you also support the decisions of Aurangzeb against the Hindus under his rule then. After all what the ruler says goes right? No need to listen to your populace.
    Are you honestly comparing a fanatic tyrant like ruler calle Aurangzeb who killed thousands of Hindus, demolished many temples and killed his own family in the name of religion with a king like Hari Singh?

Rulers making decisions against the populace is a normal thing but if you're comparing Hari Singhs rule with Aurangzeb then you are truly deluded.

Maharaja Hari Singh didnt discriminate against his subjects religion like Aurangzeb did. The Kashmiri muslims were treated very well and they had much more religious freedom too compared to Aurangzebs hindu subjects.
    Maharaja Hari Singh wasnt even that animal like to force convert his people like Aurangzeb did .......

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

LOL the only muslim region in J&K was the Kashmir Valley. Jammu is predominantly Hindu and Ladakh is predominantly Buddhist.

This links in with my first point, a small part of a huge state may have been a muslim majority and wanted independence but most of the other areas did not so yeah he might be a 'puppet' in your eyes but he's got to take the will of the MAJORITY and not just be appeasing Muslims just because thats convenient to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dhanny)
    Are you honestly comparing a fanatic tyrant like ruler calle Aurangzeb who killed thousands of Hindus, demolished many temples and killed his own family in the name of religion with a king like Hari Singh?

Rulers making decisions against the populace is a normal thing but if you're comparing Hari Singhs rule with Aurangzeb then you are truly deluded.

Maharaja Hari Singh didnt discriminate against his subjects religion like Aurangzeb did. The Kashmiri muslims were treated very well and they had much more religious freedom too compared to Aurangzebs hindu subjects.
    Maharaja Hari Singh wasnt even that animal like to force convert his people like Aurangzeb did .......

Posted from TSR Mobile
    mate these are people who totally disregard their hindu ancestry and actually portray they are ethnically arabs. Even the arabs treat them like dirt. Countries have moved on and developed and progressed and all they have been doing for 60 years is cry like a baby over Kashmir. You cant reason with them. Democracy and Secularism is an alien concept for them

ReputationRep:
    LOL the only muslim region in J&K was the Kashmir Valley. Jammu is predominantly Hindu and Leh is predominantly Buddhist.

This links in with my first point, a small part of a huge state may have been a muslim majority and wanted independence but most of the other areas did not so yeah he might be a 'puppet' in your eyes but he's got to take the will of the MAJORITY and not just be appeasing Muslims just because thats convenient to you.
    The majority of the population even in Indian controlled Kashmir is Muslim.

Combine the two and it is definitely massively Muslim.

Ladakh is 45% Muslim and Jammu 35%, the Valley is 99%

ReputationRep:
    ok ok everyone calm your ****ing horse(pun not intendid) but pakistan vs india you got to be having a giggle,now what war can they do ,there both third world countrys with ZERO pence up there ass.its a joke just give it two weeks and threy will be licking eachers arses (litrally,there so low that they will do that)
    no need to tank me for my comment

ReputationRep:
    The majority of the population even in Indian controlled Kashmir is Muslim.

Combine the two and it is definitely massively Muslim.

Ladakh is 45% Muslim and Jammu 35%, the Valley is 99%
    ofcourse its going to be 99% now... forgotten the genocide and expulsion of the kashmiri pundits from the Valley in the 80s have we?

ReputationRep:
    Anyways back to topic. These events are really bad news for India and Pakistan.

To be honest, I think that maybe theres some outside power thats brewing this war between the two countries.

A war between India and Pakistan would mean both countries would suffer greatly in terms of their economy.
    Indias huge fastest growing economy would plummet and I feel that is in the best interest for many of these foreign countries.
    The same would happen with Pakistan too. They would suffer too.

The annoying thing is how stupid the politicians and peoples mindsets in the two countries are. Throughout history, both countries have suffered due to infighting amongst themselves(this dates before the formation of pak too).
    The whole subcontinent has lost to many foreign invasions due to this infighting though when we have united, we have defeated even the best of armies. (Alexander, Arabs, mongols)

Instead of Unity, these two countries are at loggerheads and to be honest, I found the actual creation of Pakistan to be foolish as it weakened the overall power of the subcontinent and I suspect the divide and rule ideology triumphed and is still in place.

So my views are that Indians and Pakistanis should realise that they're one and they should get together to destroy terrorism and grow.
    In a way, Pakistani politicans are at fault for the lack of action they've taken against terrorists.
    Having Foreign powers come into your own home to kill terrorists is truly disgusting and should never be happening in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shame on all of you equally.

ReputationRep:
    ofcourse its going to be 99% now... forgotten the genocide and expulsion of the kashmiri pundits from the Valley in the 80s have we?
    No haven't and I don't deny it either- it was terrible.

I don't have double standards when it comes to these things

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget the massacre of Muslims in Jammu in 1947.

But of course, you don't care about Muslim deaths.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.