Girls, is being funny attractive?

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    humour is one of the main things i look for in a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    My cognitive behavioural therapy lady.

(yes I'm officially messed up now according to the system)
    Glad to hear you're seeing someone (in both senses of the words, eh?).

ReputationRep:
    My cognitive behavioural therapy lady.

(yes I'm officially messed up now according to the system)
    Same here lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Glad to hear you're seeing someone (in both senses of the words, eh?).
    Well she has a ring on one of her fingers so I'm assuming she is married

She is also prob in her 30s.

She is helping me though.

ReputationRep:
    I completely believe that a good sense of humour is important in a guy. Being too serious can get dull, laughter creates a connection between people. Most girls I know love to laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Well she has a ring on one of her fingers so I'm assuming she is married

She is also prob in her 30s.

She is helping me though.
    Also it would be incredibly unethical to have an affair with one of her "service users". Glad she is helping though, that's good. I never found those things any good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    Also it would be incredibly unethical to have an affair with one of her "service users". Glad she is helping though, that's good. I never found those things any good.
    I'll be her service user :sexface: I'm also willing to wait until I get signed off.

I think it is more to do that I am incredibly susceptible to the placebo effect. Same with these stupid antidepressants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've heard many times that girls like funny but I don't know if it's actually true or just one of those things people say. But we're anonymous here so it's better than real life for admitting things (so please be sincere!).

So, do you find funny guys more attractive? is it important to you that a guy is funny and makes you laugh? isn't being funny or silly immature?
    Nah, looks are the most important thing by far. Of course girls will say otherwise because they don't want to sound shallow but I'm sure you can get the answer by yourself in real life. If you're not goodlooking you can be the best joker in the world and still hot girls wouldn't be interested, they would laugh and be friends but that's all you can get. Instead if you're goodlooking you can make girls smile even with the most simple words and score.

Definitely. :yep:

Humour is one of the most attractive traits, in my opinion - definitely no such thing as it being too silly (in fact, the sillier the better :ahee:).

And of course, there's always that thing of, when you're elderly and looks have faded, humour and the ability to make you laugh is something that will always remain. :grin:

ReputationRep:
    If you are funny I am basically yours. But I have met so many people who are funny inrl but not over text and vice versa and they need to be both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGreatImposter)
    If you are funny I am basically yours. But I have met so many people who are funny inrl but not over text and vice versa and they need to be both
    YES!! Its awful when people are boring/ can't hold a conversation over text ((

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tea2345)
    YES!! Its awful when people are boring/ can't hold a conversation over text ((
    Exactly!!! Because chances are you're going to be talking way more over text then in person.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.