What do girls nowadays look for in a guy?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    There must be something I'm doing wrong
    or..... The above lists are incomplete. Or I'm completely oblivious to any thing liking me which is also plausible, or they think I'm gay as I have a fair few platonic friends that are girls. Who knows

I guess it'll be the weight even tho I'm told "Nah"
    Maybe it's because you refer to women as things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Certainly not any of the physical features or characteristics that I possess. :gah:
    I hope you're not really that lacking in confidence. I don't know you but I've seen your pics and you're good looking at least :dontknow:

As to what I look for in a man; Good sense of humour, supportive, intelligent without being arrogant about it. Ambition, a good sense of direction and knowledge about where he wants to be in life.

Physically? Thick beard, dark hair and dark eyes are a plus, taller than me would be nice too, which isn't hard as I'm pretty short. A nice hairy bod is sexy to me too. And being able to kiss well. But I've found all sorts attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I hope you're not really that lacking in confidence. I don't know you but I've seen your pics and you're good looking at least :dontknow:

As to what I look for in a man; Good sense of humour, supportive, intelligent without being arrogant about it. Ambition, a good sense of direction and knowledge about where he wants to be in life.

Physically? Thick beard, dark hair and dark eyes are a plus, taller than me would be nice too, which isn't hard as I'm pretty short. A good kisser too. But I've found all sorts attractive.
    You liar, that list should be just
    "Will buy me a G&T in spoons".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    You liar, that list should be just
    "Will buy me a G&T in spoons".
    Minimum of 3 G&Ts. I don't want a cheapskate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Minimum of 3 G&Ts. I don't want a cheapskate.
    3 G&Ts and then ****s off to let me enjoy them in peace. Perfect man :love:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's because you refer to women as things?
    I'm not even sure how that happened lol. Sorry, it's now been changed.

ReputationRep:
    They can go to the local chippy, bring me a bag of chips THEN leave me alone. That'd be an ideal date.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tamil fever)
    what???lol
    You want guys to be shy? shy as in looking at his shoes when's talking to you or shy as in won't be loud and aggressive when you're together?

Absolutely personal preference. Your idea that "nowadays" girls want something specific is wrong. For me, I've been pretty obsessed with average-looking guys who I get along well with. Just be yourself. 🙂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    You want guys to be shy? shy as in looking at his shoes when's talking to you or shy as in won't be loud and aggressive when you're together?
    ohh.I don't know how to explain what i mean by shy...when he talks to me he can be shy but after (if) we get together I want him to be calm-not aggressive.
    When someone's shy they don't have to look at their shoes...lol..basically they can't make eye contact with u.....i still can't explain it properly
    too hard to explain....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fksociety)
    big dick
    At the risk of traumatising all the possessers of the same, the aforementioned are counter productive when making love to a woman vaginally. It hits the cervix when you thrust and causes a lot of pain.

Smaller ones are much better. ( Oh and the vagina is not a woman's sex organ btw, it's the clitoris.) Just so you know and don't wonder why she tells you she's been faking it / suddenly departs giving no explanation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Big dick
    Six pack
    6ft +
    I think that's just ( wrong headed ) male rivalry. Women want a man who respects them, who will listen to them and love them. They've no time for superficial , self absorbed pretty boys who can't stand the pace in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhelp)
    usually if I like a guys hands I like the look of his dick as well, doesn't take long to check his pants tbh.

"If you like his hands, you like his dick"? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A man servant who serves you drinks and then leaves you to enjoy them so he doesn't bother you with his presence.

Sort of man you would cheat on. No offence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pickup)
    I think that's just ( wrong headed ) male rivalry. Women want a man who respects them, who will listen to them and love them. They've no time for superficial , self absorbed pretty boys who can't stand the pace in real life.

What I said was clearly a joke.

Actually they tend to have quite a lot of time for superficial, self absorbed pretty boys.

Until they settle down and then look for respect, love etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    "If you like his hands, you like his dick"? :confused:
    I'm not talking about size, I mean aesthetically.
    if you don't understand, you don't understand.

First degree economics and politics (Leeds)

Second degree political economy (King's)
    nice
    Spoiler:
    Show

ngl physics/engineering is the real "panty-dropper".

ReputationRep:
    All these answers are stupid and half truths.
    Basically look decent (hair and clothes can go a long way if your face looks like pizza or something)
    and don't have the personality of a plank of wood, be funny, be interesting
    Also don't actively look for girls, just be friends and let it flow from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medhelp)
    I'm not talking about size, I mean aesthetically.
    if you don't understand, you don't understand.

nice
    Spoiler:
    Show

ngl physics/engineering is the real "panty-dropper".
    Pff, they just fix stuff. We rule. Literally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Certainly not any of the physical features or characteristics that I possess. :gah:

At the end of the day, both men and women look for different things in partners so it's difficult to pinpoint an exact attribute or collection of attributes' people are looking for. General idea is that women look for confidence.
    You'd be wrong there :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Pff, they just fix stuff. We rule. Literally.
    lol true but so do builders but I don't find that attractive. Just suttn about physics idk
    so what do you do as part of your job?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.