pound has dropped so much, arent you guys worried?

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    If people think their money is overvalued, I will be happy to exchange it with my wheel barrow full of Venezuelan bolívars

Yes, all prices in Britain will only rise by a maximum of 99p.
    I would say 98 pence maximum using my expert analysis through my in depth knowledge of A Level economics!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by azizadil1998)
    Don't think anyone did tbh!! People either listened to politicians which is possibly the worst idea ever imaginable considering some of the b.s. they go on about some times... Or they just went from their narrow thinking about immigrants or thinking the EU is some sort of hellish place, not sure why! But I think if people thought about it logically and some knowledge of idk Economics?! it may have been different + if 16-18 year olds would have voted it would have been majority remain for sure, which would have made more sense as we ARE the future generation, not the pensioners and over 65's whom don't like the EU because of history/past events.
    Yes **** the pensioners they don't deserve a vote but I'm young with no real world experience and I know a lot more than them.

If 16-18 year olds voted like 18-25 (I think that is the group) then it wouldn't of made a difference, you would need at least 65% of 16-18 year olds to vote remain that is if no 16-18 year olds voted leave just to tie it.

ReputationRep:
    Worrying leads to stress and stress leads to depression. Just gotta say **** it and let things flow naturally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fksociety)
    Yeah lets forget what the experts have said, we did that when we voted brexit why not continue having that mindset
    Just because they're an 'expert' doesn't mean they are right or that they are unbiased. I'd rather make up my own mind using my own research. I have read a lot of the experts opinions and I just happen to disagree with them and that's fine. Economics is not an exact science that works how the experts model it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Just because they're an 'expert' doesn't mean they are right or that they are unbiased. I'd rather make up my own mind using my own research. I have read a lot of the experts opinions and I just happen to disagree with them and that's fine. Economics is not an exact science that works how the experts model it.
    Well i think you'd be quite naive to think there wouldnt be a huge impact on prices when the pound is at a 31 year low.

What you are demonstrating is a fine example of the confirmation bias

ReputationRep:
    Tbh we need the bradford MP as prime minister asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    He's right tbh, a few years ago mining or investing in bitcoins was very profitable, but they're worth nowhere near the amount that they used to be. My best mate and I used to mine them but we ended up giving it up after a while, just not worth the effort.
    How much did you make?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    How much did you make?
    If I told you it'd be a total ****ing guess tbh :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    No it's fine,won't have a huge impact on prices. Good for British exporters
    ...And bad for anyone that has to buy food, fuel or energy.

This is a ridiculous oversimplification anyway. Lots of exporters need to import materials, so it's not good for them at all. The UK is a net importer so overall it's bad for us. A small section of the population will benefit from a lower pound, but not the poor people who voted for Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how people can actually be arrogant and ignorant enough to think that they can make better decisions than academics who have studied these subjects for decades. You don't know what you're talking about, they do, it's as simple as that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    the £350 million a week that the NHS is receiving as a result of Brexit is worth considerably less now. *
    The 350 million pounds for NHS was actually a mistaken reference - they never said that. What they were actually referring to was the 350 million ****s that Rupert Murdoch and Viscount Rothermere don't give about Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    interesting :curious: I thought it was a popular investment opportunity
    Only if you're using IE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    I don't understand how people can actually be arrogant and ignorant enough to think that they can make better decisions than academics who have studied these subjects for decades. You don't know what you're talking about, they do, it's as simple as that.
    So we're just blindly supposed to follow everything we hear from experts instead of voting for what we believe or feel is right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    The funny thing is that a massive group of people making a decision are on aggregate almost always more accurate than a small group of experts, the extremes balance each other out quite nicely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zainyyyyy)
    you should've brought bitcoin

edit - a drop in the value of the pound means imports will cost us more. This means the poor will suffer more + the inequality of wealth will increase. As well as that to my memories didn't Nigel Farage say that voting brexit is for the working class?
    I'm pretty sure everyone should have bought bitcoin.

ReputationRep:
    Naaaaaaaaaaah.
    Freedom from EU, Brexit, free trade with the rest of the world, Here We Come!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    The funny thing is that a massive group of people making a decision are on aggregate almost always more accurate than a small group of experts, the extremes balance each other out quite nicely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just like the Germans in 1933

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Just like the Germans in 1933
    Just like every democracy does every 2-6 years, I guess we need to all become dictatorships just in case people get what they wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Just like every democracy does every 2-6 years, I guess we need to all become dictatorships just in case people get what they wanted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It show people don't always get what they vote for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    It show people don't always get what they vote for.
    They got exactly what they voted for

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.