If you could have any superpower...

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016
  • View Poll Results: What superpower would you have?
    Flying
    9.14%
    Mind reading
    17.40%
    Stop time
    29.17%
    Invincible/immortal
    11.25%
    Invisibility
    11.78%
    Super Strength
    1.76%
    Teleportation
    19.51%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    Yeah same but the more you use it you'll age faster in people's eyes. I would like it that you are immune to ageing once you use the power.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You wouldn't age, if you stop time how can u age when time isn't progressing

ReputationRep:
    Out of all the powers in the poll Immortality is the best one.

Telepathy is no good, do you really want to know what people think? You would be hearing hundreds of wierd and perverse thoughts every day. However you could use it to get rich I suppose.

Stopping time is the second best in my eyes, the only disadvantage is that you are aging every time you use that power. So you are practically killing yourself at an accelerated rate.

Immortality allows one to have all the time in the world to do whatever they want. Vandal Savage is the best example of what one could do with this power.

If i were allowed a power outside this list I would probably choose Magic as in Dr Strange level magic or Reality warping (Franklin Richards).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parsn1p)
    You wouldn't age, if you stop time how can u age when time isn't progressing
    If stopping time prevented you from ageing, that would mean your cells wouldn't be respiring, so energy (to cause movement or even basic physiological reactions) wouldn't be produced.

Therefore, time would have to progress for you personally in order for you to still remain functional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Allie4)
    easily flying

imagine that, no more travel expenses
    But if you chose invisibility, you could easily get past border forces

ReputationRep:
    I would want to stop time,
    Depending on the specifics of how the superpower works, stopping time would enable you to pseudo-teleport by stopping time all around you, walking to your destination then resuming time
    If you could make it only affect small areas, you could freeze a small cube in time, and then walk on top of it, since the molecules are frozen in place, allowing you to sort-of levitate

ReputationRep:
    Which super power?

Probably Russia.*

ReputationRep:
    Stopping time for sure, the possibilities are endless. Ultimate cheat code.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 12, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.