The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
The bible is worth reading, i just never actually got around to reading it all. I guess I will one of these days, maybe
Reply 61
In short... no! :cool: Religion is the number one cause of religious hate crimes! Surely thats one reason to ban it! :cool:
Reply 62
Mad Vlad
In short... no! :cool: Religion is the number one cause of religious hate crimes! Surely thats one reason to ban it! :cool:

Know thy enemy!
Reply 63
I am an atheist... i tried to read it but by the second paragraph i was too mad to continue, it was the dumbest pre amble i had ever set my eyes upon
Reply 64
sniper999
what i would say is that, if you really feeling bored then u might aswel read it, but otherwise forget it, i mean, the way it blabs about some prophet makes me sick. prophets that are sent by God should be sinners, yet it says bad things about some of them, i.e. david, which displeases me

The bible wasnt meant to please people...The bible was presented so we could know God better after the fall fromt he Garden of Eden...If your local minister/priest/vicar was meant to please people he would be telling everyone that theyre good people going to heaven, in the same way the bible is meant to speak of God's wrath-and then love even though we are still sinners... In the bible there is murder, lust jealosuy (??) everything. The reason the bible is here is to speak of God's love for us no matter how much wrong we do. Take a look at the robber on the cross in matthew.. the guards who murdered Jesus... The disciples who denied Jesus and soldhim off for money....the tax collector (this days loanshark)...the sexual sins...

Latest

Trending

Trending