Why were Celebrities less hot in the old days?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    I actually think celebrities in hollywood in the older days look better. They dont have as much access to plastic surgery,botox,lip injection, shaved chins etc. So most of the beauties in hollywood were general beauties

Vivien leigh

Elizabeth Taylor

Audrey Hepburn

Marilyn Monroe

I feel bad for many of these old stars as well because their love lives were so unfulfilling because of their star status. Their lovers had expectations of who they are as people. Audrey Hepburn tho ♡

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile at OP's house:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you guys and what you think hot is, but purple and black socks are the best socks.
    and apples are hot asf <333

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    I feel bad for many of these old stars as well because their love lives were so unfulfilling because of their star status. Their lovers had expectations of who they are as people. Audrey Hepburn tho ♡
    Yh Marilyn Monroe shiish she went through a lot idk why but comeone OP this

is the ideal standards of beauty nowadays every instagram girls try to look like her.
    This imo is beauty

Rita Hayworth

ReputationRep:
    Yh Marilyn Monroe shiish she went through a lot idk why but comeone OP this

is the ideal standards of beauty nowadays every instagram girls try to look like her.
    This imo is beauty

Rita Hayworth

Elizabeth Taylor too... so glad they graced the screens and our hearts with their talent tho

ReputationRep:
    Elizaneth Taylor too... so glad they graced the screens and our hearts with their talent tho
    Yep Vivein Leigh in a street car name desire

ReputationRep:
    Yep Vivein Leigh in a street car name desire
    Gone with the wind ♡, classic movie, crappy graphics

ReputationRep:

LESS hot, really???

olden day actresses were the ones who had genuine beauty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XOR_)
    Meanwhile at OP's house:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    Post your 10/10s
    Aight
    Spoiler:
    Show

Katherine Mcnamara

Nadine Visser

They all building up their fanbase so #Kanye2020 will happen... We gotta band together to stop this before it actually happens, from the US they are gonna take over the world
    If Kanye ran in the current election against Trump and Hillary I'd vote for him tbf. If we assume this election is setting the standard for the next one or two then I wholeheartedly welcome #Kanye2020

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Aight
    Spoiler:
    Show

Katherine Mcnamara

Nadine Visser

If Kanye ran in the current election against Trump and Hillary I'd vote for him tbf. If we assume this election is setting the standard for the next one or two then I wholeheartedly welcome #Kanye2020
    Lol Are you American? And nah, I think Kanye will be a horrible president. But if he gives everyone free yeezys, now we're talking... xD

ReputationRep:
    Lol Are you American? And nah, I think Kanye will be a horrible president. But if he gives everyone free yeezys, now we're talking... xD
    I am not American, fortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Aniston is considered "old" celebrity? damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    dodge the question with a geek triggered meme then...

Also the answer of all answers that will answer your question and fill the cavity in your brain behind the bit that you play computer games with:

- air brushing/ editing: question is my friend did you ever meet a celebrity lady in real life up close face to face either at any point in history or in the present day?

- more plastic surgery: for example Jennifer Aniston had a nose job and doesn't have that nose anymore

- other ****: fake tan, contacts, hair products, more fake **** to make yourself look 'better' (fake)

- you're biased to the trends of your time therefore you look at the women from the past and you're like errr why the heck is she wearing that it's really unflattering... tell that to the men of that day
    Pretty much this. A LOT of celebrities get plastic surgery these days: nose jobs, eyebrow lifts etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    dodge the question with a geek triggered meme then...

Also the answer of all answers that will answer your question and fill the cavity in your brain behind the bit that you play computer games with:

- air brushing/ editing: question is my friend did you ever meet a celebrity lady in real life up close face to face either at any point in history or in the present day?

- more plastic surgery: for example Jennifer Aniston had a nose job and doesn't have that nose anymore

- other ****: fake tan, contacts, hair products, more fake **** to make yourself look 'better' (fake)

- you're biased to the trends of your time therefore you look at the women from the past and you're like errr why the heck is she wearing that it's really unflattering... tell that to the men of that day
    Point proven. Calm down, its just a TSR thread. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I actually think celebrities in hollywood in the older days look better. They dont have as much access to plastic surgery,botox,lip injection, shaved chins etc. So most of the beauties in hollywood were general beauties

Vivien leigh

Elizabeth Taylor

Audrey Hepburn

Marilyn Monroe

Marilyn Monroe had facial surgery though, on her chin and nose.

I love figures from Hollywoods golden era, but I don't really get Marilyn. She couldn't act for ****. I think if she lives to a ripe old age and we all saw her age, she wouldn't have become the icon she is today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Marilyn Monroe had facial surgery though, on her chin and nose.

I love figures from Hollywoods golden era, but I don't really get Marilyn. She couldn't act for ****. I think if she lives to a ripe old age and we all saw her age, she wouldn't have become the icon she is today.
    I feel bad for Marilyn for her life but I think I agree with her crap acting skills

ReputationRep:
    Elizabeth Taylor. Without photoshop:

[img]
    http://images6.fanpop.com/image/phot...-2168-2756.jpg
    [/img]

One of the most gorgeous women of all time.

ReputationRep:
    I actually think that celebrities looked better in the 'older' days. Less photoshop, less surgery, less Instagrammed nonsense. It was much more natural. I think mainstream celebs look a bit scary/unnatural these days, with horrid trout pout lips and over-processed, doctored selfies

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 14, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.