Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do read my namaaz and i do read the quran, even though i would like to dm you , i'd rather not disclose my identity
    I'm 18 too, and muslim, so i can really understand you as I've seen others of my age in similar situations.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for this, i have literally saved this on my phone just so i could constantly remind myself about it. hopefully inshallah i don't stray away.
    Np x anytime remember my pms are always open for you, if you feel you need to talk. Insha'Allah you won't

(Original post by doctor.M)
    I'm 18 too, and muslim, so i can really understand you as I've seen others of my age in similar situations.
    It sucks really :/

(Original post by h333)
    Np x anytime remember my pms are always open for you, if you feel you need to talk. Insha'Allah you won't
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I would but i don't want to disclose my identity

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Aww I understand dw up to you :yep: If you need to, then do remember I don't judge in that way and would want the best for you x

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just make another account and DM me. or h333 she's really good, may Allah increase her in knowledge. I feel this is the best way for you to get serious help. xxx

Just want to tell author of this thread - I think we might be the same person since I get you 100%. Thing with me is I've stopped praying, lost my imaan but I'm still trying to start again but I feel nothing inside. My whole life is crumbling there is no barakah in anything I do. I;m failing my classes and I used to be a straight A student when I prayed. My head is a mess - I'm going back to destructive habits that I had left. I can't break the cycle this time and I don't know what's wrong with me

Just want to tell author of this thread - I think we might be the same person since I get you 100%. Thing with me is I've stopped praying, lost my imaan but I'm still trying to start again but I feel nothing inside. My whole life is crumbling there is no barakah in anything I do. I;m failing my classes and I used to be a straight A student when I prayed. My head is a mess - I'm going back to destructive habits that I had left. I can't break the cycle this time and I don't know what's wrong with me
    I went through this too, eventually faced up to the fact that I had lost my faith and then my life got back on track on again. I'm more successful now as a non-Muslim than I ever was as a believer and maybe it's your psychological battle/clinging onto your dead imaan that is giving you all this stress and heartache. You really don't need to be a Muslim to get good grades and do amazingly in life you know, I'm evidence of that.

Its exactly what i'm afraid of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor.M)
    Just make another account and DM me. or h333 she's really good, may Allah increase her in knowledge. I feel this is the best way for you to get serious help. xxx
    Aww Jzk. Ameen. Wa iyyaki. I am talking to a sis and glad she had the courage to and Alhamdulillah it was because of this thread. But of course it will remain between me and her.

oh get over yourself

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to start any arguments so please bear that in mind

I am a muslim, i have been brought up as one and i do love my religion. However i have been realising all these restrictions placed upon me such as who and who i can't marry, the way i should act or dress, misogyny and all sorts of stuff. I do agree in the teachings and it being a way of life but i just don't know if the belief and acceptance in some aspects is going to keep me grounded to the religion.

I feel like in the near future i'm gonna make decisions that aren't acceptable in my religion and i am gonna disown my family...

Help?
    The restrictions are culture rather than religion
    Don't mix the 2 up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.