Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What is the largest credit limit someone has on one of their cards? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    No problemo
    Well I can't say how much history they want you to have for mortgages but apparently an average account age of 36 months or over is a good thing according to Experian.
    Oh alright. No doubt it'll probably change many times until I actually look into getting one lol!

ReputationRep:
    I don't actively seek a higher credit limit, but the highest on one card I have is £15,000.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NX172)
    I don't actively seek a higher credit limit, but the highest on one card I have is £15,000.
    who is that with nx?

ReputationRep:
    MBNA I think it's £12k - but I'm nowhere near that thank God

Oh wait - Amex is theoretically unlimited.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trinculo)
    MBNA I think it's £12k - but I'm nowhere near that thank God

Oh wait - Amex is theoretically unlimited.
    Is that a charge card or a credit card Trinculo? I don't think they do unlimited credit cards, unless you are a millionaire?!?

ReputationRep:
    £2500. It's my first credit card and I never wanted a high limit, in fact it started something low like £200. It's slowly gone up over two years and just last month or so they raised it again AND they lowered the interest rate. But now I'm working part time I shouldn't really spend that much on it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I just put my £800 car insurance on it

ReputationRep:
    One of mine is £12k

Balance is £0 though, I just use it for big purchases and then pay it straight off. I'm not sure what the point of the question is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vereor)
    One of mine is £12k

Balance is £0 though, I just use it for big purchases and then pay it straight off. I'm not sure what the point of the question is.
    I just wanted to see what other people have. Mine is 3300 btw

ReputationRep:
    £7,900

£2080

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Is that a charge card or a credit card Trinculo? I don't think they do unlimited credit cards, unless you are a millionaire?!?
    Def the original Amex not the credit card

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.