Are brexiters the new immigrates?

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Why are you avoiding the question? Are you scared of being shown up?
    We are in the continent of Europe but you originally brought up being European when there was no relevance. Just because it is in geographical boundaries it doesn't mean anything in terms of culture we are nearer America, Australia and New Zealand then Europe (I know this has little relevance). I know that we are on the Europe continent but I consider us as our own country due to not being connected to the other countries by land. You so pro Europe that you probably are European and not British. People the top and bottom of this debate is that many people see the advantage of Europe in terms of economically but the majority voted out due to immigration levels. Farage was probably only anti EU due to the amount of Immigration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Most Leave voters can't afford a new BMW, Mercedes or even a VW. I don't think the Germans are that bothered about people on low wages boycotting their cars.

Its the richer, Immigrant loving Remainers who can lease these higher end cars and they will continue to love the EU.
    FTFY

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBigMan2)
    we import significantly more than we export to the EU so whats the point your trying to make. In August we exported 11 billion to the EU and imported 18 billion- a total of 7 billion upside down . Are you trying to tell me when we formally leave we will be worse off then the EU despite us spending more on eu exports then the EU spending on UK imports. We buy a lot of cars from EU countries if we as the British people stopped buying European made cars thousands of jobs will be lost in EU countries . ISIS could beat France in a war- plus we have the British empire. Are you a Liberal Democrats voter?
    We had the British Empire, past tense. The French also have an operational aircraft carrier(so do the Spanish and Italians) as opposed to unfinished ones without any planes to fly off them.

Like I said 44% is more significant than 7%, which makes us more susceptible to the negative effects of trade barriers. If all trade ceases as you wish then the EU are in a better position to absorb the impact. We're also heavily reliant on the financial sector which is why the need for passporting levels the playing field.

No I'm not a Lib Dem voter. I'm guessing you're a Kipper judging by the crap you're spouting about the Empire and how we could "do 'em all" in a fight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    We had the British Empire, past tense. The French also have an operational aircraft carrier(so do the Spanish and Italians) as opposed to unfinished ones without any planes to fly off them.

Like I said 44% is more significant than 7%, which makes us more susceptible to the negative effects of trade barriers. We're also heavily reliant on the financial sector which is why the need for passporting levels the playing field.

No I'm not a Lib Dem voter. I'm guessing you're a Kipper judging by the crap you're spouting about the Empire and how we could "do 'em all" in a fight.
    Not a kipper I hate all there policies apart from the Anti EU one. Did you vote remain? I voted out due to Immigration, I do think its good for businesses but I think the media are uproaring a lot of news. We could do them all- the Italians are good at flouncing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Inflation is not a big problem as long as income from wages and other sources like interest from savings matches it but where will increased wages come from and the BoE has already said it will not increase interest rates so people who depend on their savings will be poorer.
    We don't know what will happen to wages but you're probably correct that the difference between wages and inflation will decrease in the short term because of the uncertainty. I don't think that the BoE has said that it will not increase interest rates but yes they are more likely to stay lower for longer. Remember though that inflation erodes the value of debt so those with large debts (the British government, those with mortgages etc.) will be better of than they would have been all things being equal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    We don't know what will happen to wages but you're probably correct that the difference between wages and inflation will decrease in the short term because of the uncertainty. I don't think that the BoE has said that it will not increase interest rates but yes they are more likely to stay lower for longer. Remember though that inflation erodes the value of debt so those with large debts (the British government, those with mortgages etc.) will be better of than they would have been all things being equal.
    Mark Carney has said the BoE will not increase interest rates to support the pound because it would increase the cost of borrowing and reduce investment and risk a recession.

Inflation is good for borrowers but lowers consumption which decrease economic activity but at the same time puts pressure to increase wages. If inflation get above 2%, the BoE would be forced to increase interest rates which offsets some of the gains borrowers got from inflation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Mark Carney has said the BoE will not increase interest rates to support the pound because it would increase the cost of borrowing and reduce investment and risk a recession.

Inflation is good for borrowers but lowers consumption which decrease economic activity but at the same time puts pressure to increase wages. If inflation get above 2%, the BoE would be forced to increase interest rates which offsets some of the gains borrowers got from inflation.
    *You're contradicting yourself. Earlier you said that interest rates will not go up but then you say in your second paragraph that if inflation goes above 2% they will.

It doesn't necessarily decrease economic activity if the gains made by borrowers outweigh the loss in consumption. The impacts of differing levels of inflation are multi-pronged and far too complex to make statements as simple as the one you have made. Inflation has negative and positive consequences and these consequences are dependent on the rate at which the inflation is occurring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    *You're contradicting yourself. Earlier you said that interest rates will not go up but then you say in your second paragraph that if inflation goes above 2% they will.

It doesn't necessarily decrease economic activity if the gains made by borrowers outweigh the loss in consumption. The impacts of differing levels of inflation are multi-pronged and far too complex to make statements as simple as the one you have made. Inflation has negative and positive consequences and these consequences are dependent on the rate at which the inflation is occurring.
    There is no contradiction since I did not put a figure on my first sentence. Borrowers don't gain by inflation unless its less than the rate of interest and I have already mentioned the pros and cons of inflation, there is no need to repeat although it is quite awesome and many people are inspired by it such as yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    you're kind of symptomatic of this whole mess - you say "racist attack" but what races are you even talking about? white people vs other white people, ultimately? look at this **** - you're a part of the "barring immigrants unlimited access to the UK is racism" liberal clique - this is why there was such an erruption at brexit - people are ****ing fed up of people like you saying that they're "racists"
    What are you even trying to say? You can pick at petty semantics all you want but it just makes you look stupid. Hate crimes are hate crimes, whether the people involved are white or not. There's been a significant increase in hate crime since the referendum, this is a fact, but you seem to have been personally offended by this being pointed out.

Nobody called you a racist. OP stated a fact and you threw a big tantrum. I really don't even understand what you're trying to say. Is it okay to kick the **** out of Polish people because they're white?

On topic, I wish we could throw these brexit idiots out of the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    What are you even trying to say? You can pick at petty semantics all you want but it just makes you look stupid. Hate crimes are hate crimes, whether the people involved are white or not. There's been a significant increase in hate crime since the referendum, this is a fact, but you seem to have been personally offended by this being pointed out.
    how can you tell me that it is *caused* by the referendum result? you're following the old correlation=causation fallacy. why would us leaving the EU create hatred? surely if people were going to hate foreigners, it would be *before* brexit seeing as the EU before that point was a authoritarian force that was imposing more immigration. if we now are in a position where we will see lower levels of migration, why would we see more hatred when the condition for more hatred is forced and undemocratic mass migration?

Nobody called you a racist. OP stated a fact and you threw a big tantrum.
    I didn't say someone called *me* a racist - OP was saying that xenophobia = racism. in fact, let's be real here - a lot of people today think that even border controls are "racist". hence why trumps "wall" is seen to be racist.
    OP was using poor terminologies that conflated concepts beyond recognition...besides, you're saying *I'm* having a tantrum? look who's talking, mr remoan! you probably want a second referendum, don't you? come on - speak up - do you actually recognise the referendum result? do you even accept the consequences of this regarding democracy itself? how very liberal of you

I really don't even understand what you're trying to say. Is it okay to kick the **** out of Polish people because they're white?
    no, when ever did I even suggest such a thing? just because I am unbelievably fed up with the equation of racism with xenophobia it doesn't mean that I am excusing that xenophobia! but xenophobia isn't racism. in fact, simply wanting controlled migration (one of brexit's main aims) isn't xenophobia to begin with! actually hating foreign individuals is xenophobia, and that aim of brexit has nothing even to do with such a thing

On topic, I wish we could throw these brexit idiots out of the country.
    are you *trying* to sound ironically hypocritical here or is it all accidental? deary me...are you using the "I can be discriminatory because I'm left wing so I'm therefore immune because it's only right wingers that can be seen as chauvinists" logic? :lol: hitler was a left wing racist though, in fact, he was probably *the* worst racist pretty much ever, and he was left wing. not *massively* left wing, but still "left wing". not liberal - "left wing". you're left wing though. that's the thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Before Brexit, Brexiters blame everything on immigrates, from lack of jobs to crimes and people not speaking English.

Now that the economy is going downhill fast, more racists attacks, inflation and looming job loses due to Brexit, will Brexiters be blamed for all these things and even things that have nothing to do with them.
    I voted for Brexit and I have no, neither have I ever had issues with immigrants per se. Indeed, a number of my social peers are either immigrants themselves or are 2nd of 3rd generation descendants of migrants, be that EU nationals or from elsewhere.

My views are that based on evidence presented in literature and historical documentation of the EU, not from that of the official Leave Campaign, which had very little to do with anything.

Observably, those seeking to lambaste the majority of leave voters do so largely from a misguided vigilante sense of exaggerated political correctness in order to present themselves as superior within the relatively recent, ultimately misguided, globalist social agenda - one which is wholeheartedly irrelevant and semi-imaginary in relation to genuine world politics.

ReputationRep:
    Not a kipper I hate all there policies apart from the Anti EU one. Did you vote remain? I voted out due to Immigration, I do think its good for businesses but I think the media are uproaring a lot of news. We could do them all- the Italians are good at flouncing
    Yeah I voted Remain on the basis of it being better economically.

I'm not denying there's problems with the EU, but think the the issues raised by the Leave campaign were exaggerated or not actually the fault of the EU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    are you *trying* to sound ironically hypocritical here or is it all accidental? deary me...are you using the "I can be discriminatory because I'm left wing so I'm therefore immune because it's only right wingers that can be seen as chauvinists" logic? :lol: hitler was a left wing racist though, in fact, he was probably *the* worst racist pretty much ever, and he was left wing. not *massively* left wing, but still "left wing". not liberal - "left wing". you're left wing though. that's the thing.
    There's a pretty big difference between treating people differently based on genetic traits and treating people differently based on what they do. It's completely fair to treat idiots like idiots.

I don't understand why you're rambling about left and right wing. I never mentioned any of that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I voted Remain on the basis of it being better economically.

I'm not denying there's problems with the EU, but think the the issues raised by the Leave campaign were exaggerated or not actually the fault of the EU.
    Like I say it is good for business with the tariff free trading, but the free movement of people was the deal breaker. If there was the possibility of keeping the economic aspect of the EU with the free trade and to ditch the free movement of people Remain would have won but Tusk will not allow that.

ReputationRep:
    Like I say it is good for business with the tariff free trading, but the free movement of people was the deal breaker. If there was the possibility of keeping the economic aspect of the EU with the free trade and to ditch the free movement of people Remain would have won but Tusk will not allow that.
    The problem with Britian being given concessions by the EU like the rebate and other stuff is they know Britain will come back for more until Britain get all the advantages without any of the responsibilities. So its not surprising the EU drew the line and Britain decided to leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    The problem with Britian being given concessions by the EU like the rebate and other stuff is they know Britain will come back for more until Britain get all the advantages without any of the responsibilities. So its not surprising the EU drew the line and Britain decided to leave.
    Id rather have no rebate and no freedom of movement

ReputationRep:
    If you're a privileged straight, white, cis-gender, male, and you voted Brexit, well, you're pretty much to blame for everything! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    If you're a privileged straight, white, cis-gender, male, and you voted Brexit, well, you're pretty much to blame for everything! :laugh:
    Wtf is cis-gender?

ReputationRep:
    Wtf is cis-gender?
    It's a derogatory term used by LGBTQ+NVQ/GCSE freaks to describe what the rest of us term "normal" e.g. ok with our 'bits'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    It's a derogatory term used by LGBTQ+NVQ/GCSE freaks to describe what the rest of us term "normal" e.g. ok with our 'bits'
    Lol.

A bit like "****in breeders". As if we shouldn't maintain the survival of the human race.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 21, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.