Missed Oxbridge deadline by 1 minute

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueberry.89)
    Great news....UCAS have confirmed my application is on-time.

I was on the Pay/Send page before the 18:00 deadline and my app was received by UCAS at 18:01 who processed it at 18:03.

They said that Oxford (tutors) will see the processed time but will go on what we (UCAS) tell them is on-time or late.

They did not confirm the information you provided about last year.

From what Oxbridge tutors have said:

1. Colleges receive applications in batches each day from the central team who received all those applications the previous day. Colleges are informed when the last batch of on-time applications has been delivered (this would seem in-line with what you said happened last year). Further batches received after this are rejected as invalid by the college.

2. Tutors do not see submission time (again agrees with what you say about processed time)
    Whilst all this might be true, I think the point is that most of us don't leave our Oxbridge application with 1 minute to spare to the deadline...

ReputationRep:

I was on the Pay/Send page before the 18:00 deadline and my app was received by UCAS at 18:01 who processed it at 18:03.

They said that Oxford (tutors) will see the processed time but will go on what we (UCAS) tell them is on-time or late.

1. Colleges receive applications in batches each day from the central team who received all those applications the previous day. Colleges are informed when the last batch of on-time applications has been delivered (this would seem in-line with what you said happened last year). Further batches received after this are rejected as invalid by the college.

2. Tutors do not see submission time (again agrees with what you say about processed time)
    Congrats

Overses have you had an answer from UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Same here, I rang UCAS saying my application was submitted on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    Whilst all this might be true, I think the point is that most of us don't leave our Oxbridge application with 1 minute to spare to the deadline...
    I think it would be reasonable to assume that the people following this thread would want to know what happened to me in my case.

When you send your application does not increase/decrease your chances of getting an offer as long as it is on time.

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be reasonable to assume that the people following this thread would want to know what happened to me in my case.

When you send your application does not increase/decrease your chances of getting an offer as long as it is on time.
    Good luck with your application, Blueberry. Do let us know how you get on, won't you.

ReputationRep:

Congrats first of all and hope you get an interview !

So, tutors do not see submission time but sees processed time? So, they will see the 18:03 on your application?

But UCAS calculates it as on time if you reached the Pay/Send before 18:00?

Is my questions above correct?

Congrats again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Congrats

Overses have you had an answer from UCAS?
    Yes, on time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overses)
    Congrats first of all and hope you get an interview !

So, tutors do not see submission time but sees processed time? So, they will still see the 18:03 on yours?

Is my questions above correct?

Congrats again.
    Thank you.

Yes, they will see the time UCAS processed the app and sent it to them.

I don't know how they decide if an app is on time, that was just for my specific case.

You simply need to find out from them if your specific app is on time/valid; if it is you have nothing to worry about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Overses)
    I'd suggest it's the time you actually click Send.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He needs to find out directly from them rather than speculating.

I was on the Pay/Send page by 18:00 but eventually clicked send at 18:01.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a bit of leeway - if UCAS know that page loads can take up to x minutes at peak times then they have to allow applications received that long after the deadline to be classed as "on time" - otherwise it's possible for applicants to claim that it's UCAS software/network that caused the delay.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 17, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.