The Student Room Group

Sufi Challenges Shia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MuhammadDarcy
Over a Million Muslims celebrated the Mawlid in Senegal this year

That isn't really a strong argument in support of something from a fiqhi perspective. IIRC, I read a good discussion on the topic in Islaah al-Rusoom.
Original post by honey55497
anzania, Tunisia, Togo (in Africa, a total of 25 Countries out of 55 where the masses celebrate the Mawlid)

In the Middle East the Mawlid is celebrated in: Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian National Authority, Syria, United Arab Emirates / UAE, Yemen (11 out of 14 except Israel, Qatar, Saudi Arabia (A lot of Sunnis Celebrate the Mawlid in their homes)

Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Uzbekistan

Other places: Fiji, Guyana

Some of the countries where the masses celebrate the Mawlid aren't even Muslim dominated such as India, Sri-Lanka, Fiji, China, Guyana, Tanzania, Mali etc

There are other places like Canada, USA, Australia, England, France where the Muslim masses celebrate the Mawlid

you are just naming alot of clountires in all them countries only few muslims celebrate it thats lyk me naming u all countires and saying majority are muslims but in reality there are more christians in the world same way u mentioned alot of countries but in them countries only few muslims celebrate it and yeah IF U SAY ALL THESE COUNTIRES DO are u saying that MAJORITY ARE RIGHT since it dosent work like that thats also lyk saying majorit are christians in the world but obviously we will say theyre religion is not right

North Africa celebrates the Mawlid just like any other event , they also celebrate easter and christmas ????My nan makes special cakes every easter , special dinner every christmas ..... you really cant hold that against them
Original post by sandybeach1996
LOL i know they are?!!!! advanced? how ? in killing more people? raping more girls? ! please!!!!!! its not about uniting .... its about morals....

Never seen such a sweeping generalisation in my entire life.

Woah.
---

Wherever Sufi Mystics went they spread the message of peace and had followers of other religions attending their gatherings, The Salafis & Shia could have learnt from the Sufis
Original post by IRoranth
Never seen such a sweeping generalisation in my entire life.

Woah.

show me how its not true we ll talk , even the prophet married a 9 year old .....
Shias are Muslims
Sufis are Muslims
Salafis are Muslims

If Muslims united they would have advanced long ago

i think that the barelwis and deobandis should come togetheer honestly and tlk about this becuase if they sort it out then islam would be lyk real dominant with less sects
Wherever Sufi Mystics went they spread the message of peace and had followers of other religions attending their gatherings, The Salafis & Shia could have learnt from the Sufis

thats the problem with islam , each side says NO am right , nobody says it doesn't matter the side, what matters is we move forward and improve our community , all they wanna do is spread the word.... dont you think if allah wanted to spread the word he would have just sent another prophet rather than leave it up to u?
Original post by honey55497
i think that the barelwis and deobandis should come togetheer honestly and tlk about this becuase if they sort it out then islam would be lyk real dominant with less sects

The barelwi founder made takfeer of some of the leading deobandi scholars. Ever since, the founder and his followers have held an excommunicative approach to deobandis and others. Deobandis seem to generally have refuted the claims of the founder of barelwism against the deobandi scholars, then left the latter to their ways.

Obviously, I'm speaking in general terms, here.
wow , you open a discussion , cnt take what i say so you report me? boohoo , this is why i dont discuss
wow , you open a discussion , cnt take what i say so you report me? boohoo , this is why i dont discuss

I didn't report you, someone else must have
Seriously how can people hate on the companions when they are the Ashara mubashara?
Original post by ash92:)
The barelwi founder made takfeer of some of the leading deobandi scholars. Ever since, the founder and his followers have held an excommunicative approach to deobandis and others. Deobandis seem to generally have refuted the claims of the founder of barelwism against the deobandi scholars, then left the latter to their ways.

Obviously, I'm speaking in general terms, here.

Who actually is the barelwi founder though?
Original post by mustvfx
Who actually is the barelwi founder though?

Ahmed Rida Khan
Original post by mkap
i was scrolling down my news feed on fb and someone shared this quote. i cant exactly remember it but it said something like Prophet Muhammad went to Madinah to spread Islam but Ali (RA) went to Karbala to save Islam. I got so mad seeing this, yeah Ali (RA) was a great great man but the shias are giving him a status over the best of creation, Muhammad SAW

Erm, Imam Ali (as) did not go to Karbala, Imam Hossein (as) did to save his grandfather's religion from falling into the hands of the same type of people we see today as ISIS, Al Qaeeda, Boko Haram etc. Nobody is crediting Ali over Prophet Mohammad (SAW). We just reject Omar, Abu Bekr and Othman as the rightful caliphs and guides.

The Prophet (SAW)'s family takes precedent over anyone else after the Prophet (SAW), simple.

Also, is this a lets bash Shia faith chat?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending