Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chubb)
    Looks like the hacker to me. Does anyone know how to find IP addresses - then I can tell you.
    Shouldn't we PM one of the mods to ask them about this.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe d has created a new Admin in the light of what has been goin on recently and because he isnt able to look after things himself whilst hes away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    2.) d is on holiday
    No he's not.

ReputationRep:
    1.) We've had the account hackings yesterday.
    For the last time, they wouldn't have had to "hack" into swatfa's and an Siarach's accounts, as vienna had their passwords in her PMs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    No he's not.
    Oh Jools! Hes not? So theres no need to stress?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Guess the password? I don't believe that...
    http://www.uk-learning.net/showpost....&postcount=165

ReputationRep:
    I'll give d a call just to check everything's fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Shouldn't we PM one of the mods to ask them about this.
    I've already alerted Expresion but now hes gone offline without reading it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    I'll give d a call just to check everything's fine.
    good on ya!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it was guessed personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    good on ya!
    Sort of handly knowing the admin of a popular forum personally, aint it.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    you don't know something you're not sharing do you?

ReputationRep:
    neither do I, but its not impossible.

ReputationRep:
    It should be possible to find the IP addresses of the users with mod access or not using the "nslookup" command.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    you don't know something you're not sharing do you?
    No of course not, I'm just saying that theidea of guessing someone's password is rather unlikely. Of course, it does depend on the password, but I doubt it would have ben too obvious. e.g.) "vienna" or anything.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    No of course not, I'm just saying that theidea of guessing someone's password is rather unlikely.
    Just the way you said that made it sound like you knew something to give you that idea (if that makes sense) rather than it being just a hunch/opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Just the way you said that made it sound like you knew something to give you that idea (if that makes sense) rather than it being just a hunch/opinion
    Yes sorry, I just read the post now and it did seem quite suspicious. I was just saying that guessing someone's password seems far too unlikely, I doubt Vienna would have made it too obvious. If people like DazYa can hack into hotmail accounts then it can't be immensely difficult to do the same with Forum accounts.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    If people like DazYa can hack into hotmail accounts then it can't be immensely difficult to do the same with Forum accounts.
    But then dazya only managed those "hacks" by guessing the answers to peoples personal questions (which are often things like pets name/school name etc etc which might have been revealed here in UKL)

ReputationRep:
    Yes sorry, I just read the post now and it did seem quite suspicious. I was just saying that guessing someone's password seems far too unlikely, I doubt Vienna would have made it too obvious. If people like DazYa can hack into hotmail accounts then it can't be immensely difficult to do the same with Forum accounts.
    Yes but there isn't much "hacking" to be done with hotmail - all you have to do is to contact one of the bots and ask it to send you their password and it does it (obviously you need to know how to command the bot).

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone considered the possibility that d just decided to appoint a new administrator?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.