ReputationRep:
    Is it awkward buying condoms?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yaboi)
    Is it awkward buying condoms?
    no..bc i dont buy any

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    What are the arabs you interact with like?
    some are nice...some are arrogant
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by mkap)
    have you ever lived in saudi arabia?? if you havnt please keep quiet because your are wrong without any evidence apart from the media
    No, but you've never lived in the real Saudi Arabia either - you have no more experience of it than I do. I don't need to live there to know what an oppressive country it is, there are many first-hand non-biased accounts of what life for the non-privileged elite is like on TV/Radio, in newspapers and in books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    have you ever lived in saudi arabia?? if you havnt please keep quiet because your are wrong without any evidence apart from the media
    Media propaganda? Please. Saudi authorities are proud and open about how oppressively "halal" their country is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    You're wrong. It is just as conservative and oppressive as people make out.
    Speaking as someone who has lived both in "the real Saudi" and among expats, it's something in between. It's quite conservative countries but the religious police have lost a lot of their power and clothing is less conservative than it was a decade ago (which might be why mkap has a different perspective).Still, life is much easier if you're:
    a) A Westerner
    b) From the Saudi Sunni majority.

Saudis from the Shia minority and blue-collar workers from non-Western countries are bound to find it very oppressive.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think USA will turn it's back on Saudi Arabia? It certainly looks like that to me.

ReputationRep:
    Are you allowed to talk to boys??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    whenever someone posts and AMA thread, i basically ask a question about the main thing in the thread title lol
    I meant ask me anything anything doesn't make sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss987)
    Are you allowed to talk to boys??
    Are you allowed to talk?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    You're wrong. It is just as conservative and oppressive as people make out.
    (Original post by mkap)
    mkap A cousin of mine went to live in Saudi Arabia for the last 2 years, and she's quite an honest unbiased person. She said that it is modern and nice if you have a lot of money and you're male. However she said that all the men act like they've never seen females before, they perv on females consistently (this being in the 'modern' Jeddah) and you have to keep yourself covered at all times. Would you say that's the case for you?
    And you shouldn't really tell people to "keep quiet" for simply stating facts.

ReputationRep:
    Ok sell it to me, as an English woman tell me the advantages of visiting SA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faheemcg9)
    Are you allowed to talk?
    Bet you are Muslim and don't worry I do talk to girls.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to Madinah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss987)
    Bet you are Muslim and don't worry I do talk to girls.
    k.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.