Turn on thread page Beta

Should police be allowed to shoot illegal migrants at the border? watch

• View Poll Results: Should police be allowed to shoot illegal migrants?
    Yes
    32.21%
    No
    67.79%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Is childish really the word you're looking for though?

You know, to describe war crimes and such.

Because I never used the might of a first world military to murder civilians for literally no reason when I was a child.

Don't know about you.
    Perhaps not. I was referring to the urge, and suggestion, to commit the act, as opposed to the act itself. Maybe "unnecessarily violent" would have been better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    If a country refuses entry and someone tries to get in how is that any different to being invaded? Shoot them
    The difference is that they often pose little threat.

You are proposing a crime that'd likely call for international intervention, just to let you know.

ReputationRep:
    this is so so evil its not ok to kill people god this is disgusting im so shocked

ReputationRep:
    Is childish really the word you're looking for though?

You know, to describe war crimes and such.

Because I never used the might of a first world military to murder civilians for literally no reason when I was a child.

Don't know about you.
    are u triggered?
    swear the only thing male toddlers do is play with toy fighter jets and make machine gun noises and watch action films that involve death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shanktheopps)
    Attack is the best form of defence. Look at the rape crisis in Germany, the terror attacks. We are under attack.
    Is it statistically likely that they're an immediate threat?

Answer: no.

ReputationRep:
    Er NO!!! What is the world coming to. I am genuinely scared, I'm not exaggerating. The kind of language and the attitudes being displayed are something our great grandchildren will look back on and be absolutely ashamed of us. What happened to humanity?
    I fully intend to move to a very remote land in a few years and an immigrant can take my place with pleasure, because all people deserve to have safety, shelter, and comfort. However I'd probably advise them to come with me because it sucks over here right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dnr_23)
    this is so so evil its not ok to kill people god this is disgusting im so shocked
    It's not morally permissible to kill someone when they pose no immediate threat. Arrest, however, may be permissible, depending on the circumstances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    Yes. Absolutely yes. They're breaking the law, why should they be allowed to just cross without any repercussions? If they break the law they deserve to be punished.
    By death? Regardless of whether you're being sarcastic or not, I am shocked that I am not shocked about the reaction to this by some users.

ReputationRep:
    are u triggered?
    swear the only thing male toddlers do is play with toy fighter jets and make machine gun noises and watch action films that involve death
    Is this an actual post or just a garbled collection of words?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #ChaosKass)
    Yes. Absolutely yes. They're breaking the law, why should they be allowed to just cross without any repercussions? If they break the law they deserve to be punished.
    thats disgusting that you think people have the authority to take a life

ReputationRep:
    Is this an actual post or just a garbled collection of words?
    it's a very reasonable response

ReputationRep:
    it's a very reasonable response
    Maybe it would have been if toddlers playing with toy guns was in any way relevant to the topic.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see all the people voting "shoot them" actually shoot a starving, tired mother carrying her sick children trying to get them a better life

I'm not saying let them in but you don't have to ****ing kill/ hurt them. Just because they don't have a passport doesn't mean they lose their human being status and deserve to be treated like ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    Nobody is illegal. Everyone is entitled to a basic life and an education regardless of birthplace. Do you not realise that all migrants that work (a higher percent than British workers) have to pay tax AND pay for the NHS???
    There are more than three billion people in the world who live in dire poverty. Unfortunately, Britain - and the western world - does not have the resources to afford these people "a basic life and an education" which you proclaim to be a fundamental human right. For as long as Britain has people living in poverty, Britain should not be allowing thousands of unskilled, undocumented migrants onto its shores given the enormous pressures it puts on housing, education, public services and the living wage.

To move onto your second point - well, you're wrong. Research by the Guardian shows that twice as many European migrants who reside in the UK are claiming unemployment benefits compared to British workers. The rate of unemployment is considerably higher for immigrants than it is for indigenous Britons; migrants are more dependent on the UK's social entitlement programs which - in many aspects - makes them a burden on the UK's public finances. While there are many migrants occupying vital sectors of our economy where there's considerable shortages, the vast majority - especially those camped in Calais - are unskilled economic migrants who will compete for low-skilled work which should be going to the incumbent unemployed who already abode in this country. Before you say how migrants contribute to our economy, when you divide their net annual contribution with respect to net migration, the figures show that - per capita - the British economy does not benefit from large numbers of people coming to this country on an individual basis.

Listen, I don't blame you. You're an idealist. I know you find it hard to accept reality. However, this snowflake narrative the Corbyn-left seems to promulgate does not resonate with more reasonable, more prudent individuals who account for the majority of the UK's voting populace. In the meantime, if you're going to dismiss the underlying concerns regarding mass third-world immigration, then you are clearly in-denial and not capable of a mature discussion regarding the subject-matter.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe because a special someone bombed the heck out of Iraq illegally, which led to Middle East turmoil, then war in Syria, now refugee crisis.

The ignorance lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    There are more than three billion people in the world who live in dire poverty. Unfortunately, Britain - and the western world - does not have the resources to afford these people "a basic life and an education" which you proclaim to be a fundamental human right. For as long as Britain has people living in poverty, Britain should not be allowing thousands of unskilled, undocumented migrants onto its shores given the enormous pressures it puts on housing, education, public services and the living wage.

To move onto your second point - well, you're wrong. Research by the Guardian shows that twice as many European migrants who reside in the UK are claiming unemployment benefits compared to British workers. The rate of unemployment is considerably higher for immigrants than it is for indigenous Britons; migrants are more dependent on the UK's social entitlement programs which - in many aspects - makes them a burden on the UK's public finances. While there are many migrants occupying vital sectors of our economy where there's considerable shortages, the vast majority - especially those camped in Calais - are unskilled economic migrants who will compete for low-skilled work which should be going to the incumbent unemployed who already abode in this country. Before you say how migrants contribute to our economy, when you divide their net annual contribution with respect to net migration, the figures show that - per capita - the British economy does not benefit from large numbers of people coming to this country on an individual basis.

Listen, I don't blame you. You're an idealist. I know you find it hard to accept reality. However, this snowflake narrative the Corbyn-left seems to promulgate does not resonate with more reasonable, more prudent individuals who account for the majority of the UK's voting populace. In the meantime, if you're going to dismiss the underlying concerns regarding mass third-world immigration, then you are clearly in-denial and not capable of a mature discussion regarding the subject-matter.
    Here you'll see an example of a failed childhood: someone who hasn't even interacted with people of a different colour. Probably outside of London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I'd like to see all the people voting "shoot them" actually shoot a starving, tired mother carrying her sick children trying to get them a better life

I'm not saying let them in but you don't have to ****ing kill/ hurt them. Just because they don't have a passport doesn't mean they lose their human being status and deserve to be treated like ****.
    The vast majority of the migrants who reside(d) in the Calais camp are (were) working-age men. Women, children and other vulnerable individuals only account(ed) for a small minority of the people wishing to seek illegal entry into the UK. While it's sad to see people desperate to come to our country, the UK cannot sustain high levels of unskilled economic immigration.

Also, you would not see "a starving, tired mother carrying her sick children" in the Calais camp. It's France. It's a first world country. It's not a war-zone. The migrant camp has been allowed to flourish and sustain itself because of charitable organisations who support those who abode there. While I (obviously) disagree with shooting illegal migrants, don't use false, nonrepresentative examples to show objection.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so you invade half the world illegally, but when there's an actual refugee crisis coming to you for aid you say no. LMAO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zezno)
    Here you'll see an example of a failed childhood: someone who hasn't even interacted with people of a different colour. Probably outside of London.
    If that's a counter-argument, then it's not a good one.

If it's satire, then it's not funny.

If it's presumptive criticism, then you're wrong.

While I'm not from London, my mum is mixed race - half white/half black - and my childhood best friend is an Asian Muslim from Iraq.

Just because I oppose mass immigration - that does not make me racist, xenophobic nor isolated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Illegal entry is specifically catered for in the convention in article 37.
    If they claim asylum, then the country is under an oblgation to investigate the validity of their claim under the 51 convention on Refugees.. Shooting them would not be the appropriate response.
    Specifically rerferring to those not claiming asylum or have already been denied. Attempting to enter after that is no different from an invasion and should be treated as such.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.