Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by ak143244)
    No problem.
    Yeah, alhamdullilah she always gives me brilliant adivce when I have a problem.

No no, I'm not Arab lol. Everyone asks that after I revealed my name.
    What is your name?
    Indeed :yep:
    Oh so what are you?
    Mnky :lol:

(Original post by MnkyPolo)
    Indeed :yep:
    Oh so what are you?
    Mnky :lol:
    Oh, I'd prefer to keep that personal.. Only revealing my name Sorry
    Aha Bless.

Oh, I'd prefer to keep that personal.. Only revealing my name Sorry
    Aha Bless.
    :lol:
    That's ok no worries
    Have you done your revision?

:lol:
    That's ok no worries
    Have you done your revision?
    Nope I haven't and I should be doing my revision but since I came back from college, I logged on TSR talking to you guys and prayed isha. Going to eat soon as well.

Don't worry though, I have 5 hour break tomorrow so I'll revise then - I'll have plenty of time

ReputationRep:
    Will do Jazakullah for sharing
    Jazakullah to h333 - Look how much people you're helping now alhamdullilah. May Allah bless you

Oh my name is Abraar. What is yours?
    All good is from Allah swt only.
    BarakAllahu Feek 😊 wa iyyak.

Nope I haven't and I should be doing my revision but since I came back from college, I logged on TSR talking to you guys and prayed isha. Going to eat soon as well.

Don't worry though, I have 5 hour break tomorrow so I'll revise then - I'll have plenty of time
    Oh what are you having?
    Inshallah your revision goes well tomorrow
    How do you usually revise? Do you rehearse what you're learning over and over (maintenance rehearsal)

(Original post by h333)
    All good is from Allah swt only.
    BarakAllahu Feek 😊 wa iyyak.
    True say
    Oh what are you having?
    Inshallah your revision goes well tomorrow
    How do you usually revise? Do you rehearse what you're learning over and over (maintenance rehearsal)
    I had chicken with bread. Really nice alhamdullilah.
    Inshallah
    Check out the first page of this thread, It says how I revise and take my notes.. Let me know what you think
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Update 1 - 04/11/2016

Yay! My first ever update.

Computing
    Spoiler:
    Show

Computing was really good this week. I had a test on Monday and I got a grade D. Yes I know... a grade D is not good at all. But it's only the beginning, right? It doesn't matter how you start - at the end of the day what counts is your final grade. I've also improved from the last test because I got a U, (yes a U!) which is just really poor. I'm glad that I'm slowly improving and hoepfully I can reach to a grade B/A standard by the end of Christmas (inshallah)

We are learning about functions on C# (C# is the programming language that we are currently using if you didn't know) It is so difficult because I have never come across this programming language (it's new to me) but hopefully with a little bit of practise I should be confident. You know what they say - practise makes perfect, right?

We are also starting to learn about hardware and it's components. Hopefully that should be interesting!

IT
    Spoiler:
    Show

I feel IT is just so simple and easy to learn. Maybe because I understand the content more quickly and easier than other subjects. But IT we learned about Computer Misuse Act, Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information Act. It was very interesting to learn these acts as it these laws are broken everytime in this day and age. I have a test next week so I need to revise for that. Hopefully I'll get an A* or an A. But yeah, that' about it really, nothing much to say. I just feel comfortable with everything and hopefully this contiues throughout the whole year!

English Language
    Spoiler:
    Show

English language is alright at the moment. For English we have two seperate papers and for each paper we have a different teacher. Paper 1 is about comparing different types of texts and how they link to each other. It is more analysis. Paper 2 is more about discussion (way how people talk by accents and their social class) Somehow I understand Paper 1 more easier than Paper 2. Don't know why :/ Paper 2 is essay-based writing. I'll get the links down below so you know what I'm talking about.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/as-and-a-level/english-language-7701-7702/assessment-resources(AS not A Level)

But so far I'm feeling confident about this subject. I think I'll pass this if I keep doing what I am doing. (Even though I hated English Language at high school) I tend to enjoy English Language as AS Level than GCSE Level. It's a lot more... what the word? Like more in depth and different - It's a lot more discussion more than anything else.

Maths (Level 3, remember?)
    Spoiler:
    Show

We learned about Tax and National Insurance. It's so weird how tax works in this country. We learned things like personal allowance, basic rates and advanced rates etc. I personally enjoyed this even though I made a few mistakes in my calculations. I'm really glad that I had chosen this course as it is only for a year (so next year I can concentrate on the 3 A Levels if I pass them, hopefully) and it also prepares me for the real world. Like I have that knowledge when I start to work or getting a car about my self when it comes to tax or receiving my paycheck. So far I'm finding this course okay, just need to work on some bits and pieces such as calctuting the tax rate as I tend to make some mistakes.

Summary of this week
    Spoiler:
    Show

First week back after half term... I seriously wanted to go back to sleep when I woke up around about 6:45am. But I couldn't. Anyways this week has been okay in terms of revision, everything is up to date, need to just finish off highlighting some bits. I'm going to post pictures soon of how I revise so look foward to that, it will be up on the main page soon! But yeah everything has been okay. (thank God!) I guess I just need to keep doing what I'm doing and hopefully when it comes to my exams I'll pass them. My mocks is around about after Christmas (January) so I need to start revising for that. I'm going to start some work exprience soon as well, so hopefully that goes well. If you know any firms that do any work experience, post them on this thead! It would help a lot

And there you go! My first blog done. Another what? A billion to go?
    Let me know what you think of this blog. Of course this isn't perfect or the best blog you've ever read and please don't comment "You're blogs are rubbish, you should stop!". Like no.. just no...

Thanks for reading. Much appreciated! Don't forget to post and have a good day!

Love your blog! keep it up! your notes are so neat compared to mine
    Subbed :awesome: you got this :rave:

(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Love your blog! keep it up! your notes are so neat compared to mine
    Subbed :awesome: you got this :rave:
    Thank youuu!!
    Aha, I thought my handwriting was soooooo bad.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Thank youuu!!
    Aha, I thought my handwriting was soooooo bad.
    It's really not lol

True say

I had chicken with bread. Really nice alhamdullilah.
    Inshallah
    Check out the first page of this thread, It says how I revise and take my notes.. Let me know what you think
    flash cards
    That's good
    Look nice

flash cards
    That's good
    Look nice
    Omg I just finished another set of flash cards and it took me like an hour to do. My hand hurts sooo bad..

Don't you get this problem where you start writing and all the ink goes to your hand? I always get it because I'm left handed so I go towards the ink rather than going away to the ink? I don't know..

Omg I just finished another set of flash cards and it took me like an hour to do. My hand hurts sooo bad..

Don't you get this problem where you start writing and all the ink goes to your hand? I always get it because I'm left handed so I go towards the ink rather than going away to the ink? I don't know..
    Inshallah your hand gets better
    That's good

Yes I do lol
    :rofl:
    You're funny, I usually get ink on the tip of my fingers

Inshallah your hand gets better
    That's good

Yes I do lol
    :rofl:
    You're funny, I usually get ink on the tip of my fingers
    Inshallah.
    Haha, I'm glad it's not only me.
    Good luck on your exam!

Inshallah.
    Haha, I'm glad it's not only me.
    Good luck on your exam!
    :lol: I think it happens to everyone
    Thank you

:lol: I think it happens to everyone
    Thank you
    Oh okay, no problem
    Let me know how the test goes.
    Make sure you go over your notes as well.. I don't know why I just mentioned that, You probably have anyway... sorry.

Oh okay, no problem
    Let me know how the test goes.
    Make sure you go over your notes as well.. I don't know why I just mentioned that, You probably have anyway... sorry.
    I will do
    Ye I'm going through them now
    It's fine no need to apologise

I will do
    Ye I'm going through them now
    It's fine no need to apologise
    Cool!
    Want to talk here or there? (ISOC)

Cool!
    Want to talk here or there? (ISOC)
    Don't mind
    I'll be going soon

Don't mind
    I'll be going soon
    We'll just talk here.
    Oh okay, same I'm logging off at 12pm
    I'm using the college laptop lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE0GqQWXAaw
    What do you think? It is sooo catchy..

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.