Turn on thread page Beta

Black Lives Matter UK and UFFC marched against police brutality in the UK this weeken watch

ReputationRep:
    Makes me laugh because BLM is being portrayed as the equivalent of KKK, EDL and other racist groups but thats based purely on the existence of these groups.
    If these groups didnt exist, BLM wouldnt be compared to them or wouldnt be seen as racist.
    But unfortunately, we seem to only be only to understand BLM based on the models of pre existing white groups.
    So because these white groups tend to be racist. We then in turn assume a black group is also racist.
    Yet thats not what BLM was born out of. It was created to raise awareness for circumstances where blacks are poorly treated.

EDL exists under the guise of preserving english heritage yet they spend more time talking about other races and little time actually discussing english heritage.
    They never support white people and their downfalls but if a black person had an issue they know BLM would be there to help.
    EDL would be too busy yelling at muslims outside a mosque to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keena89)
    <snip>
    Will there actually be black people at this protest, or will it be the same, upper class white kids who blockaded Heathrow a few months back?

ReputationRep:
    Just because a large group of white people tend to be racist doesnt mean a large group of black people will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    Will there actually be black people at this protest, or will it be the same, upper class white kids who blockaded Heathrow a few months back?

If you could read, youd see the protest already happened.
    Also if you could read, youd see they protested for white families affected. So yes, white people where there.
    Supporting each other.
    Nice, right?

ReputationRep:
    ALL lives matter.

ReputationRep:
    Well the 9 who held up planes at london city airport were all white so....

And its a large organisation so there may be many but thats not the majority and if you were to go to a BLM meeting or gathering, youd never hear them say "today lets kill some white people/disrupt lives/cause a riot" all they want is for law enforcers to start respecting their lives.

You heard nothing about this protest until this thread, why?
    Because it was a peaceful trouble free event.
    If there was any trouble you'd have known about it but there wasn't yet many many people attended this demonstration.
    ok so white people cant be in blm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weaponx)
    ALL lives matter.
    i propose we stop funding extra money towards cancer research because ALL illnesses matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    i propose we stop funding extra money towards cancer research because ALL illnesses matter
    you playin` wit me boy??

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Should we start expecting endangered animals to protest for themselves then?

(Original post by AperfectBalance)

ReputationRep:
    Why not? Should we start expecting endangered animals to protest for themselves then?
    See that's a racist stance because black people don't exclude based on race. White people are more than welcome in BLM because all BLM does is fight for rights of black people.
    They have nothing against white people.

ReputationRep:
    But in this particular instance they werent so your point is irrelevant.
    Yawn, stop trolling or get off your high horse.

When your own post scrolling down it mentions a lot about America, you then say me thinking its more about America is irrelevant.

Get off your high horse and/or use your brain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Yawn, stop trolling or get off your high horse.

When your own post scrolling down it mentions a lot about America, you then say me thinking its more about America is irrelevant.

Get off your high horse and/or use your brain.
    It doesnt mention it "a lot" its only mentioned when discussing the origins of BLM which is american.
    So calm down.

ReputationRep:
    It doesnt mention it "a lot" its only mentioned when discussing the origins of BLM which is american.
    So calm down.
    I am calm, you were the one that was telling me things like my points are irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    I am calm, you were the one that was telling me things like my points are irrelevant.
    Which it was.

In this particular post they are fighting a British issue not an American one.

Even if they have latched onto anerican issues which I wholly agree with, that's not the case in THIS instance.

ReputationRep:
    Which it was.

In this particular post they are fighting a British issue not an American one.

Even if they have latched onto anerican issues which I wholly agree with, that's not the case in THIS instance.
    Except your post mentioned the history behind it, it was to highlight issues not just in the UK but America.

So overall it had more focus on America rather than primarily British which just had focus around the world.

As if it was about ethnic problems worldwide why mention just UK and America unless it was to focus on America.

ReputationRep:
    Also you would have read that the UFFC have been demonstrating against police brutality for18 years so they HAVEN'T latched onto american issues they were birthed as a direct result to issues in the UK.
    In fact this is the first year that BLM has protested with them.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone has run in here to speak badly of BLM when this protest has been going on for 18 years under UFFC

ReputationRep:
    Because BLM is the one people are focusing on as the media attention is being given to them, that in itself is what I am annoyed about because as you say there has been ongoing protests for years (which go pretty much unnoticed) only because BLM is involved does it get attention but then BLM are essentially taking it as their own.

ReputationRep:
    See that's a racist stance because black people don't exclude based on race. White people are more than welcome in BLM because all BLM does is fight for rights of black people.
    They have nothing against white people.
    You were the one saying whites cant be in BLM idiot.

ReputationRep:
    You were the one saying whites cant be in BLM idiot.
    No, fool.
    Someone asked "will there actually be black people protesting or will they all be white like the airport protest?"
    And i said in this protest it was a mix of races.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.