Turn on thread page Beta

Applied for unis outside my home city. Worried about my Mum's reaction. watch

ReputationRep:
    Tell her to eat **** and that you'll never talk to her again if she doesn't support you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Put up with her for so long I hope I can survive a year..
    And don't forget there are people out there who can help. It's just that sometimes it takes a while to find them!

(Original post by Faheemcg9)
    Tell her to eat **** and that you'll never talk to her again if she doesn't support you
    She makes Harambe look like a fluffy toy.

(Original post by OxFossil)
    And don't forget there are people out there who can help. It's just that sometimes it takes a while to find them!
    Yes I know. Just so hard. Thank you x

claireestelle I emailed the estrangement charity talking about my situation and just waiting for a reply now. They've done a whole new pledge to help out estranged students and one of the unis who have offered to give more support to estranged students are Glasgow University, which was my fourth choice uni. Should I consider looking at there instead?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    claireestelle I emailed the estrangement charity talking about my situation and just waiting for a reply now. They've done a whole new pledge to help out estranged students and one of the unis who have offered to give more support to estranged students are Glasgow University, which was my fourth choice uni. Should I consider looking at there instead?
    You could look into what each university offers as bursaries then make a decision.

(Original post by claireestelle)
    You could look into what each university offers as bursaries then make a decision.
    I'll try...

(Original post by claireestelle)
    I checked Nottingham (need to check Exeter's now) and they have hardship funds. I checked Exeter and they don't really seem to have as many :/

Bump.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 10, 2016
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.