Turn on thread page Beta

If you could bring 1 person back from the dead. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvolutionMonkey)
    Who the hell is Glenn Rhee?.
    A great human being who's death has left me feeling so much despair and misery. It's a shame he was going to be a father as well

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    My paternal grandfather. I've been tracing my family tree on my dad's side for the last twenty odd years. Knew he was born in Ireland but I didn't know where. I had to hire a professional Genealogist to help me trace him. [His name was Patrick O'Brien, and as you can imagine, there were and still are a hell of a lot of them with that name]. He died in 1946 aged 82 in Manchester. A year ago with the help of a local Historian, I stood at the exact spot where the house used to be where he was born in 1869 in County Offaly, Ireland. Very emotional. He travelled over to England on a cattle boat [he was a cattle drover], I think with one of his brothers, to make a better life for himself. Salford Cattle Market in Manchester had opened about ten years earlier, and employed thousands of people. I'll never know for sure, but I would imagine that was the reason he moved to Manchester. My dad was one of thirteen children born between 1902 and 1917. As far as I know I am the only person in our family who has made the return trip and moved to Ireland from England.
    nice story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    A great human being who's death has left me feeling so much despair and misery. It's a shame he was going to be a father as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That doesnt explain much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    nice story
    Thank you. Genealogy is a nice hobby to have, but it can be very time consuming and then if you need help like I did, very expensive too. Well worth it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    That doesnt explain much
    I half expected people to at least google him. It's Glenn from TWD...

Only if I could say many
    1)My Grandma

others:
    2)Mother Teresa
    3)My best friends dad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)

Spoiler:
    Show

aw thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler:
    Show

No need to thank me, I just want meri choti behen to be happy, that's the most important thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)

Spoiler:
    Show

No need to thank me, I just want meri choti behen to be happy, that's the most important thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler:
    Show

Aw my behen is so nice you didnt have to
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My bhai (cousin) who died at the age of just 17. Didn't know him a great deal as he died when I was very young but I do have some memories of him. He had his whole life ahead of him.

ReputationRep:
    My cousin, take everyone's pain away

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Aw my behen is so nice you didnt have to
    Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler:
    Show

Aww as long as meri pyari behen is happy, behen will be happy
    No worries

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
    My bhai (cousin) who died at the age of just 17. Didn't know him a great deal as he died when I was very young but I do have some memories of him. He had his whole life ahead of him.
    That's very sad. A 14 year old lad near us killed himself a few weeks ago in his bedroom after getting into an argument with his parents about not eating his dinner, of all things. They think it was an accident; that he did it to scare them and teach them a lesson. Ten minutes after going to his room he was dead. Life is such a precious thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RossB1702)
    I half expected people to at least google him. It's Glenn from TWD...
    unless you knew him personally then.... See when famous people die it is sad, but no.less sadder than someone who isnt famous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matrix123)

Spoiler:
    Show

Aww as long as meri pyari behen is happy, behen will be happy
    No worries

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jumphug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ooh my you're so sweet behen jee! :lovehug:
    Oh btw, i love it when you speak urdu, u seem cute

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's very sad. A 14 year old lad near us killed himself a few weeks ago in his bedroom after getting into an argument with his parents about not eating his dinner, of all things. They think it was an accident; that he did it to scare them and teach them a lesson. Ten minutes after going to his room he was dead. Life is such a precious thing.
    Oh my. I don't know how to react to that. I am partially angry that he committed suicide over a small issue when others who want to live can't due to various reasons (like cancer) But then again it may have not been because of just that issue but a build up of domestic problems. Life really is precious eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MainlyMathsHelp)
    Oh my. I don't know how to react to that. I am partially angry that he committed suicide over a small issue when others who want to live can't due to various reasons (like cancer) But then again it may have not been because of just that issue but a build up of domestic problems. Life really is precious eh?
    Agree. It was never actually said but everyone thinks he hanged himself. This could explain his father's comment to the press that it was an accident and he was just trying to scare his parents. It obviously went very wrong.

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug:

Spoiler:
    Show
    ooh my you're so sweet behen jee! :lovehug:
    Oh btw, i love it when you speak urdu, u seem cute

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :penguinhug:

Spoiler:
    Show

Haha aww :love: :heart: :hugs:
    Awwww jazakallah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I read your story by the way and it is the most amazing thing I have read today. I have always wanted to research my family tree with websites like Ancestry but I'm only 15 so I can't really access the money right now but I definitely will in the future.

EDIT: awe-inspiring would be a better word than amazing

ReputationRep:
    Agree. It was never actually said but everyone thinks he hanged himself. This could explain his father's comment to the press that it was an accident and he was just trying to scare his parents. It obviously went very wrong.
    Yes, possibly.

ReputationRep:
    jiraiya....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2016
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.