Turn on thread page Beta

Should the US hold a second election? watch

• View Poll Results: Should the US hold a second election?
    Yes they should have a second election
    20.43%
    No
    67.24%
    A democrat republican coalition should be allowed.
    12.33%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tookitallin)
    Yes they definitely should. And it should be between the two realistic candidates who could actually be President - Bernie Sanders and Gary Johnson.
    Even Gary Johnson's vp candidate gave up on him and endorsed Hillary.
    How would Johnson deal with Aleppo?
    • Community Assistant

Community Assistant
    As a Clinton supporter in this election (Sanders in the primaries ofc) I am just going to say that this result is final and a second election would be against the constitution. The American people have spoken and their choice should be respected. Too much hate in this election cycle already... don't need to suffer through another one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quantex)
    Absolutely. In 4 years time.
    Probably not...ifTrump becomes dictatorial. :-)

Name:  1478828500062.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  19.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    and by the way,
    a second election isn't going to change anything if it's within the electoral college's system
    even if some voters changed their minds, it's on a winner-take-all basis as well state-wise.
    it's not like a "second EU referendum" where it's on a "yes/no" national basis where a small number of voters changing their minds might be decisive of a new result

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skunkboy)
    Probably not...ifTrump becomes dictatorial. :-)

Name:  1478828500062.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  19.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how was hillary clinton using emotion less than trump?:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Pretty sure OP is a troll, either that or he's the world's biggest doughnut.
    Says the person with a white supremacist symbol as their avatar. :troll:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Says the person with a white supremacist symbol as their avatar. :troll:
    You're even dumber than I thought if you genuinely believe that crap...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You're even dumber than I thought if you genuinely believe that crap...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whether you accept it or not, pepe the frog has become a hate symbol.

ReputationRep:
    #GreenLivesMatter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    We were discussing it in class today and my teacher is livid that Trump has won. In the ideal world Obama should refuse to leave the White House but more realistically we believe a second US election should happen to give Clinton or another democrat the chance be elected instead of Trump.

Another idea is that there should be a coalition with Clinton given vice presidency.

What do you think?
    If he refused to leave he'd be arrested so it's probably not in his best interests. It's amazing how people preach about the importance of democracy but then don't like democracy when it doesn't go their way

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stop feeding the troll

ReputationRep:
    Nonsense.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ambitious1999)
    We were discussing it in class today and my teacher is livid that Trump has won. In the ideal world Obama should refuse to leave the White House but more realistically we believe a second US election should happen to give Clinton or another democrat the chance be elected instead of Trump.

Another idea is that there should be a coalition with Clinton given vice presidency.

What do you think?
    You don't always get what you want in life; you have to make the best of what you have. I am also absolutely livid Trump won, but moaning won't do much. Like Hillary said, we should him a chance to lead and have an open mind!

Anger won't get anybody anywhere...

A vice presidency with Clinton is probably a good idea, but I feel it would make Trump's presidency WORSE because the two will just constantly clash!
    I don't think they will be able to compromise...

ReputationRep:
    "oh no! The results are not what we hoped for! Its those working class people, those uneducated ones who did this. Let's bypass the law and have it our way." Seriously? That's what people think is the right mindset?
    'All animals are equal, but some animals (us, the educated ones) are more equal than the others.'
    Pathetic...

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely. Trump is literally Hitler.

If you disagree with that then I'm sorry to say that you're probably a racist, Islamophobic bigot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickLCFC)
    Absolutely. Trump is literally Hitler.

If you disagree with that then I'm sorry to say that you're probably a racist, Islamophobic bigot.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    What the **** is this thread? Second election? On what basis? This is even worse than the idiots calling for a second EU referendum - at least they had a vaguely valid argument that the leave campaign had lied.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Nope. He won fairly and by a considerable margin. As much as I don't like him, he's shown signs post-election that he does want to do a good job, so give him a chance. He may have said outrageous things, but not all of them he meant. He said some purely for votes.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.