Is having expensive tastes a good thing Watch

jessyjellytot14
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have an expensive taste for food... my mum often buys stuff from the brand 'Tesco Everyday Value' and I'm just like "Whhhyyyyyy???". And my dad worships Aldi...
Kocytean
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I say it could be a good thing if it means you can tell quality. If you're just a sucker for brands, then no.
struggler07
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Asdas cheap
(Original post by parsn1p)
But the staff there treated me less than they could have done. :unimpressed:

Osły go there now for their strawberry tarts in the bakery section. :coma:
struggler07
Rep:
?
Tescos food are alrite don't judge a book by its cover lol
(Original post by retro_turtles)
It may just be that one branch, tescos annoys me like they make their workers dress smart like dude you're working at tescos not the bloody airport
struggler07
Rep:
?
Same lol just bought food from marks and Spencer's food is fantastic, Tescos way better then Iceland n Aldi is good if your on a budget
(Original post by jessyjellytot14)
I have an expensive taste for food... my mum often buys stuff from the brand 'Tesco Everyday Value' and I'm just like "Whhhyyyyyy???". And my dad worships Aldi...
struggler07
Rep:
?
Like true religion jeans cost like £300 but fully worth it great quality style and fit etc
(Original post by dragonzrmetal)
I say it could be a good thing if it means you can tell quality. If you're just a sucker for brands, then no.
#ChaosKass
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Of course - as long as you can afford it. Lefties will tell you that it's "classist" to enjoy anything that costs more than a dime but they're talking rubbish as usual.
Sternumator
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don't think it is a good or a bad thing.

I get that expensive items are often better quality but they don't really do anything for me. I was given an expensive watch and while it is a nice watch, so what? It doesn't make me any happier.

But expensive items do make some people happy. If they make you happy and you have the money, then good for you. You should do what makes you happy. It is not a bad thing.

Everyone has different preferences. I think my wife is wasting her money when she spends £100 on make up and she thinks I'm wasting money when I spend £100 on a night out.
retro_turtles
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by struggler07)
Tescos food are alrite don't judge a book by its cover lol
Na i hate tescos lol
struggler07
Rep:
?
Yeah your right if you got the money nothing is to express endive, etc if you got like £10k £1k jacket is cheap to you
(Original post by #ChaosKass)
Of course - as long as you can afford it. Lefties will tell you that it's "classist" to enjoy anything that costs more than a dime but they're talking rubbish as usual.
struggler07
Rep:
?
Your right do or buy whatever makes you happy and feel good
(Original post by Sternumator)
I don't think it is a good or a bad thing.

I get that expensive items are often better quality but they don't really do anything for me. I was given an expensive watch and while it is a nice watch, so what? It doesn't make me any happier.

But expensive items do make some people happy. If they make you happy and you have the money, then good for you. You should do what makes you happy. It is not a bad thing.

Everyone has different preferences. I think my wife is wasting her money when she spends £100 on make up and she thinks I'm wasting money when I spend £100 on a night out.
struggler07
Rep:
?
Lol what about lidl
(Original post by retro_turtles)
Na i hate tescos lol
struggler07
Rep:
?
Had papa johns pizza and marks and Spencer's motzerlla dips was so buff Name:  image.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  498.1 KB
Hayytch
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If you like buying expensive clothes, foods watches etc
If you can afford expensive things, then why not.
AperfectBalance
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have a bit of a expensive taste, I think as long as you are not stupid with it, it is ok.

And while some more expensive things may be better quality like shoes or clothes many expensive things are just ripoffs.

But I do enjoy buying Expensive things, I bought a watch about a year ago for a lot of money and I dont regret it. nor do I my shoes and boots that i bought about a month ago. or my computer.

I mean when i went to prom my whole outfit was £1600 over all.

I Am also planning when i turn 21 or I stop growing to get a suit from
Savile row.
jessyjellytot14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Had papa johns pizza and marks and Spencer's motzerlla dips was so buff Name:  image.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  498.1 KB
Is that a Greek pizza? Those olives though... *drools*.
struggler07
Rep:
?
Yeah trust I buy decent watches just incaseI get robbed etc spending £1.6k on a prom attire is a lot I rarely use computers etc
(Original post by AperfectBalance)
I have a bit of a expensive taste, I think as long as you are not stupid with it, it is ok.

And while some more expensive things may be better quality like shoes or clothes many expensive things are just ripoffs.

But I do enjoy buying Expensive things, I bought a watch about a year ago for a lot of money and I dont regret it. nor do I my shoes and boots that i bought about a month ago. or my computer.

I mean when i went to prom my whole outfit was £1600 over all.

I Am also planning when i turn 21 or I stop growing to get a suit from
Savile row.
struggler07
Rep:
?
True but you gotta maintain your money
(Original post by Hayytch)
If you can afford expensive things, then why not.
struggler07
Rep:
?
It was the works pizza from papa johns was penggggggg loved everything
Is that a Greek pizza? Those olives though... *drools*.
jamesthehustler
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by INTit)
You'd be surprised theres plebs out there that can't tell a Patek Philipe from a Rolex.
consider the pleb who asked if my Rolex DJ2 was an Armani
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year

Are you going to self-release into Clearing?

Yes I've pressed the button (97)
18.91%
No I'm happy with my uni offer (326)
63.55%
Not yet but I am planning to (24)
4.68%
Not yet but I might (66)
12.87%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise