Turn on thread page Beta

How old were you when you first tried smoking? watch

ReputationRep:
    if you're going to smoke, it may as well be cannabis. at least you feel happy and oblivious to the world after a splifs - smoking just gives you bad breath and a shortened life expectancy.

ReputationRep:
    I think cannabis is disgusting, it stinks. I don't know how people smoke that crap.

Mind you, I think the smell of cigarette smoke on a boy is REALLY sexy. I'm not sure that kissing a smoker would be quite so nice though.

ReputationRep:
    i have never tried smoking, and i don't intend to start in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by airie_faerie)
    I think cannabis is disgusting, it stinks. I don't know how people smoke that crap.
    How do you know?
    Mind you, I think the smell of cigarette smoke on a boy is REALLY sexy.
    :confused:
    I'm not sure that kissing a smoker would be quite so nice though.
    true.

ReputationRep:
    I was 12/13 Not too sure exactly, it was along time ago and i haven't quit yet. Mostly because I can't be bothered and I dont need to. Maybe if i find the right person and i want to be with them i will quit. Oh well!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and have never smoked anything. But smoking is one of my pet hates, and I am kinda fanatical about my views of smoking.

Basically I don't mind people smoking, as long as they don't exhale... ever.

ReputationRep:
    i dont smoke i mean wots the point i would end up with less money than i have now y did people on here start smoking

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll find the overwhelming majority start because of peer pressure. Unfortuantely the addictive nature of nicotine means you only need to try it a few times to get addicted.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been interested in trying it. I don't like the smell and I don't think you look particularly attractive with a fag hanging out of your lips Also my mum suffers from acute asthma, which I think may have helped: you watch your mum nearly die because someone's lit a cigarette a few feet away and it puts you off the idea a bit...
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    I was anti smoking for years until I went out with a smoker when I was 18. 2 years on and I still havent quit

ReputationRep:
    smoking is very soothing i seem to smoke a lot more round exams. Just a reason why you might smoke there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    I think you'll find the overwhelming majority start because of peer pressure. Unfortuantely the addictive nature of nicotine means you only need to try it a few times to get addicted.
    Thats not true, it takes most people years to become pysically addicted to nicotine
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    smoking is very soothing i seem to smoke a lot more round exams. Just a reason why you might smoke there
    worst thing though is when you go out drinking and end up smoking about 40 **** in one night. Waking up with nictotine sickness in the morning is much worse than a hangover.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Thats not true, it takes most people years to become pysically addicted to nicotine
    agreed. the longer you smoke the harder it is to stop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Actually there is no conclusive research that gives definite period of time. It may be linked to how old you are, as there have been some studies that suggests that people around 12-13 can become addicted after a few days of starting.

But the best advice is don't start, it isn't worth it in the long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    worst thing though is when you go out drinking and end up smoking about 40 **** in one night. Waking up with nictotine sickness in the morning is much worse than a hangover.
    true, plus my nights out tend to end up with me and my mates passing out on my roof (it's flat) so its a bit rough waking up in the morning surrounded by empty's and ash stinking of ****.
    Out of curiousity what is everyone's favourite? (as in Marlboro, Camel etc..)

ReputationRep:
    true, plus my nights out tend to end up with me and my mates passing out on my roof (it's flat) so its a bit rough waking up in the morning surrounded by empty's and ash stinking of ****.
    Drum. I roll because its cheaper!! Before it was B&H Gold.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Marlboro Gold (lights) though sometimes reds. I think some other brands like L&Bs just taste like sucking air through a tube. And whats up with menthol ****? urrrgh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sublime_envy)
    Marlboro Gold (lights) though sometimes reds. I think some other brands like L&Bs just taste like sucking air through a tube. And whats up with menthol ****? urrrgh!
    mmmm... same or camel's sometimes, a mate of mine smokes mayfair's which are just the roughest gah
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    mmmm... same or camel's sometimes, a mate of mine smokes mayfair's which are just the roughest gah
    god I really want a fag now.....

argh! I just realised that I put a pack of **** and a lighter through the wash! Not the best!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.