Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

white man sexually harrassed me on the bus today Watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    If you fabricated this story to make some grand point, you should feel very proud of yourself.
    Lol hypocrite. Whether or not the story is true or not, other people started to make remarks on the person mentioning it was a white man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    If you fabricated this story to make some grand point, you should feel very proud of yourself.
    it's not fabricated, unfortunately this did actually happen. What makes you think its not true?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

(Original post by Concav)
    You are a toilet. Your life, is a saaad story.
    Coming from you. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Something like this happened to me on the bus and I regret not doing anything about it. I was sitting down on the bus and the guy was casually rubbing against my arm. I didn't know what to do and my arm legit froze up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Metalfros)
    Lol hypocrite. Whether or not the story is true or not, other people started to make remarks on the person mentioning it was a white man.

Please point out the hypocrisy, or better still perhaps read what hypocrisy actually means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazmaniac97)
    it's not fabricated, unfortunately this did actually happen. What makes you think its not true?
    Then apologies. Your continued emphasis on his race made me feel you were making a point concerning the media's tendency to emphasise the race of Asian sexual offenders. It seemed you were trying to show people how frustrating that is. Which I get, but I didn't agree with the thought of you making up a story about sexual assault to make the point. That would only waste people's time and energy through providing you with advice and compassion.

So if it is genuine, I am very sorry to hear what you went through. Even the smallest of sexually inappropriate behaviour by a complete stranger can be intimidating and upsetting, so can imagine how you must be feeling. Contact the police. Most buses have CCTV and can easily identify the perpetrator.

I know it's not a pleasant ordeal to go through though, so perhaps take someone close along with you for support.

ReputationRep:
    i hope he dies a painful death

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yudothis)
    Why?

Who are you to say she doesn't? What if others are willing to provide it to her, why do you have to destroy it, what's it to you? If you don't like the thread why even post?
    Im saying she is wasting her time coming here instead of reporting it to the police.
    I want people to stop rape/sexual assaults , but victims (like herself) also dont help the cause when instead of trying to solve the problem, they just talk about it..

ReputationRep:
    Why?

Who are you to say she doesn't? What if others are willing to provide it to her, why do you have to destroy it, what's it to you? If you don't like the thread why even post?
    She prefers to talk about her assault on a student message board instead of the police.
    Thats the problem here,shes talking about an issue ,but doing nothing to solve it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mekkiii)
    She prefers to talk about her assault on a student message board instead of the police.
    Thats the problem here,shes talking about an issue ,but doing nothing to solve it.
    who told you that I'm not willing to do anything about it, I'm going to report it tomorrow to the police

ReputationRep:
    Im saying she is wasting her time coming here instead of reporting it to the police.
    I want people to stop rape/sexual assaults , but victims (like herself) also dont help the cause when instead of trying to solve the problem, they just talk about it..
    Maybe talking about it is what she needs?

Ever thought about that?

ReputationRep:
    And you prefer to make her feel **** for the way she is coping with it.

What an upstanding guy you are.

ReputationRep:
    who told you that I'm not willing to do anything about it, I'm going to report it tomorrow to the police
    Exactly my issue,you prefer to go on a student board first, than going to the police.

ReputationRep:
    And you prefer to make her feel **** for the way she is coping with it.

What an upstanding guy you are.
    Im dont prefer to make her feel ****, im just not gonna say "oh you poor thing!" I just want it to be reported .....

ReputationRep:
    Exactly my issue,you prefer to go on a student board first, than going to the police.
    My sister wasn't home today until quite late and I want to take her with me for support.

ReputationRep:
    My sister wasn't home today until quite late and I want to take her with me for support.
    Ok, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Im dont prefer to make her feel ****, im just not gonna say "oh you poor thing!" I just want it to be reported .....
    So you don't care about her, just about punishment of the perp.

What a stand up human being.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faheemcg9)
    You should molested him back. Establish dominance
    There was absoloutely no need to say that.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mum of three young women. In my late teens, I was sexually assaulted several times so I am sympathetic however your final comment and your focus on race makes me suspect you are not truthful. You have an agenda and are playing a game. When I was assaulted, race was not relevant - it was the act that disgusted me. I am a wealthy, educated white woman and on the few times I tried to report assaults I was laughed at. My mum told me not to be a prude, a London Underground worker asked me "if I liked it". That was how it was in the 1980's.

So drop the agenda and do report it. But give useful info like a proper description. And get on with your life. Be a success, not a moaner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayrk)
    She's obviously confused as to how to react. We should be providing her a safe space for her to discuss how she feels not tell her what to do.
    why is it ok for you to tell people what to do/how to behave on this forum but not ok for others to do the same?

(Original post by rayrk)
    As seen from all the accusations of Trump
    Nobody blamed the women in Trump's sexual harassment cases. Quiet the contrary the entire country/world blamed Trump and sympathised with the women.

(Original post by rayrk)
    women's experiences in such situations are often attributed to being their fault or viewed as lies. We still live in a highly sexist world.
    This is a lie. Nobody blames 'women' for being sexually violated or assaulted. People are often extremely supportive and protective. This support and protection and sympathy are often exploited by women who make false claims/lie in an effort to gain sympathy, money, fame or get back at men in their lives.

A recent example being that case of Mark Pearson who was falsely accused of rape by that game of thrones actress Souad Faress after he passed her in a tube station for 1.5seconds...

The only reason why people are being kind of critical of this poster is because of the racial undertones of her post.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.