Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

What do you think of people getting lip injections? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't give a crap if someone gets any sort of cosmetic surgery as long as you have the money for it. I don't see anything wrong if someone wants to change a certain feature. People pay hundreds if not thousands of pounds for branded items or clothing, only to impress their peers or to feel good about themselves. So I see cosmetic surgery in the same way, do it if it makes you happy ofcourse provided its not for others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirvana1989-1994)
    Stupid.

And, I marvel at how it's looked at as the new 'cool' thing to do, if it's on white women, that is. Black women have been made fun of, for years for having larger lips.

you betta tell em, hunni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Nirvana1989-1994 :toofunny:
    is this elliot
    It's some random guy with a Kim kardashian ass :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Nirvana1989-1994 :toofunny:
    is this elliot

because you like it so much
    Probably. :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:

you betta tell em, hunni
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, cosmetic surgery puts me off entirely.

ReputationRep:
    Probably. :rofl: :rofl:
    It isn't but...

I'm a 22 year old guy and still a virgin. I've never even kissed a guy before. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    It's some random guy with a Kim kardashian ass :rofl:
    lmao did you do that urself or?

Yep.
    no you're right though, I did notice the hypocrisy there I suppose
    how old are you again? You're rather wise for your years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    2nd week of starting strength :yy:
    +a shitload of synthol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrinceHarrys)
    It isn't but...

I'm a 22 year old guy and still a virgin. I've never even kissed a guy before. :rofl:
    :rofl: :rofl:

Gentleman detected. :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    lmao did you do that urself or?

no you're right though, I did notice the hypocrisy there I suppose
    how old are you again? You're rather wise for your years

ReputationRep:
    thought you were like 16 this entire time cuz you said something about being the only mixed girl in your class so I thought....you were at school..
    now I have to redo my entire image of you in my brain

ReputationRep:
    Lip injection is redundant and a waste of money.

Lips structure barely affect your attractiveness. Its the color that matters uf anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nerdling_CompSci)
    Lip injection is redundant and a waste of money.

Lips structure barely affect your attractiveness. Its the color that matters uf anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Completely wrong. Volume of lips make a huge difference in attractiveness. This has a scientific basis too; on a primitive level, it is commonly accepted that full lips signify youth and health (things a potential mate looks for). Look at Amy Schumer in red lipstick and then look at Angelina in no lipstick. Angelina wins hands down, even if we just look at the lips and isolate the other features.

Name:  IMG_4827.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  93.8 KBName:  IMG_4831.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  43.7 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    It's okay just don't over do them like Kylies

(Original post by Twinpeaks)
    Why does everyone say huge lips are a recent thing? Do people forget that huge lips have always been idolised?

Better than KJ and natural

Also, the reason why Kylie looks better with those ridiculous lips of hers is because she has a massive, masculine jaw, so needs to fill that huge space with something. If she had a more delicate, feminine face her lips would have been perfectly fine, they were just completely disproportionate.

It reminds me of France's Bean Cobain, who had her lips done years ago. She has a similar face to Kylie, huge square jaw. Her lips would have been perfectly fine on another woman with a softer face.

By the way I completely oppose lip injections. But I think it's a bit ignorant to make out lip injections and big lips are a recent trend
    The past has not been very kind to black women with big lips I'm afraid :sadnod:

Heck not even in the present. Look into the MAC Instagram page racism scandal.
    Big lips are only attractive when on white women it seems.

ReputationRep:
    thought you were like 16 this entire time cuz you said something about being the only mixed girl in your class so I thought....you were at school..
    now I have to redo my entire image of you in my brain
    That was true at school, but it's more ethnically mixed at my college haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    Completely wrong. Volume of lips make a huge difference in attractiveness. This has a scientific basis too; on a primitive level, it is commonly accepted that full lips signify youth and health (things a potential mate looks for). Look at Amy Schumer in red lipstick and then look at Angelina in no lipstick. Angelina wins hands down, even if we just look at the lips and isolate the other features.

Weird post, are you a supreme gentleman or an insecure girl lol?

When I see a girl I think about tits ass and face as a whole.. not this essay **** lmao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)

Amy Schumer is an unfair comparison to Angelina, because the rest of her features aren't considered to be highly attractive either.

And also that study is not entirely suitable, because the rest of the woman's face is altered, not just her lips. It might be that if her lips were altered to that subtle level in isolation, no significant result was found.

I stand by what I said earlier. Some people suit big lips, whereas some women suit smaller lips. It depends on the face they belong to.

For example with Kylie Jenner, she has a very square, large, masculine jaw. So having huge lips covers a lot of that region, making it look less broad and severe.

However some women simply do not suit bigger lips. For me, the perfect example is Gareth Bale's wife-

Vs

Whereas before she looked quite striking, since her lip injections, she looks like any other woman with lip injections. She looks like a forgettable face from the likes of Towie. I also think they age her.

So it depends on the face. Big lips can be beautiful, and often are. But small lips can be beautiful too, take the below examples-

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    The past has not been very kind to black women with big lips I'm afraid :sadnod:

Heck not even in the present. Look into the MAC Instagram page racism scandal.
    Big lips are only attractive when on white women it seems.
    That annoys me now end :nope:

Poll
Still A Remainer Or A Brexiteer?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.