Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn)
    How are a-level papers even relevant to this??!!!

It's a personal preference. Personally, I use Arial because studies have shown that dyslexics find Times New Roman difficult to read and Arial better. There must be a reason for this, and I think it is reasonable to assume that generally Arial is easier on the eye to read.

My CV is in Arial (mainly - different font for titles), and cover letters too. They seem pretty popular .

Anyway, to echo the sentiment of an above poster, it's about the content!!! Just make sure the writing is good and the format is logical and flows well.
    Is Calibri ok? I think it is a great font (but may not be serious enough for banking...)

What is your take on this since you like Calibri as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spencer.Smith)
    I offer the Cambridge exams, which are typeset in Helvetica, the licensed version of Arial.

history paper for nov05:
    http://www.cie.org.uk/docs/dynamic/4445.pdf
    Fair play.

Have some rep for effort!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spencer.Smith)
    Is Calibri ok? I think it is a great font (but may not be serious enough for banking...)

What is your take on this since you like Calibri as well
    I like it because it's really clear, even when taken down to a small font. It also seems to take up less space than Arial.

My CV would be in Calibri (that's how much I love it ), but I know Banks won't have it, so then it will get converted to Arial / their default, and completely mess up / ruin all the lovely formatting. I could do it in PDF, but there are still problems with it not coming out properly when properly.

So basically, when the business world catches up it will be great, but for now I'm sticking to Arial.

ReputationRep:
    I like it because it's really clear, even when taken down to a small font. It also seems to take up less space than Arial.

My CV would be in Calibri (that's how much I love it ), but I know Banks won't have it, so then it will get converted to Arial / their default, and completely mess up / ruin all the lovely formatting. I could do it in PDF, but there are still problems with it not coming out properly when properly.

So basically, when the business world catches up it will be great, but for now I'm sticking to Arial.
    Nah there isn't a problem when I print from it. I printed my CV, it does look nice .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fblade)
    Nah there isn't a problem when I print from it. I printed my CV, it does look nice .
    Yeah it works if you have Calibri installed and yes looks very lovely and easy to read etc. But if someone who doesn't have the font installed prints it, it doesn't seem to look as good. And the characters just look slightly weird. That's what I was trying to get at above. Guess it wasn't too clear.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it works if you have Calibri installed and yes looks very lovely and easy to read etc. But if someone who doesn't have the font installed prints it, it doesn't seem to look as good. And the characters just look slightly weird. That's what I was trying to get at above. Guess it wasn't too clear.
    Just convert it to a .pdf and then it'll print without losing formatting - doesn't matter if they have the font installed or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuglyduckling)
    Just convert it to a .pdf and then it'll print without losing formatting - doesn't matter if they have the font installed or not.
    So they will allow you to upload .pdf files then?
    I was worried about that yesterday actually...
    (I am going to check it myself later on :p:)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.