Turn on thread page Beta

Guys(18-19yrs): How much do you weigh? watch

• View Poll Results: Weight (18/19 yrs male)
    55.77%
    12st - 12st 6lb
    11.83%
    12st 7lb - 12st 14lb
    6.48%
    13st - 13st 6lb
    6.76%
    13st 7lb - 13st 14lb
    5.07%
    14st - 14st 6lb
    3.94%
    14st 7lb - 14st 14lb
    2.25%
    >15st
    7.89%

ReputationRep:
      6ft,
      12 st, 75kgs
      je suis malabar

ReputationRep:
      When I was that age I was about 13 stone at just under 6'.

Although that was when I was on a shed-load of steroids, I've lost weight since.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by arcticsuicide)
      6ft 9 ( i know..)
      just under 9 stone, sometimes 8.5 - it varies

muscular build
      Ey?

Your bones must be polystyrene framed.

ReputationRep:
      5'10", 8 and a half stone, 18 years old.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      5'11, 13 st, 18 y.o. I'm overweight.

ReputationRep:

6ft 11st

wannabe 16 stone and beat up some chavs

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dionysus)
      7.5 stone is very slightly underweight. It is still well within the 'healthy' bracket. 15 stone, on the other hand, is not. And yes there is an option for 'less than 11 stone', which you will observe has by far the most votes. The poll is aimed far too much at the heavy-very heavy end of the spectrum.
      http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...ight/chart.htm

found this healthy weight chart. according to this 7.5 stone would only be in the normal range (just) if you are 5ft1 or under, and above it does say that when applied to men, you would still look slim at the top end of the healthy weight range. so depending on the guys height its VERY likely to be classed as underweight, perhaps severely. Although having said that 15st is very likely to be overweight unless you're 6ft5 or over. I do think it is subjective though because someone with a high muscle mass can be classed as overweight and thus 'unhealthy' despite being the opposite!

also more_adventurous, according to this chart 5ft 3 and 8 stone is just on the dividing line between underweight and healthy, so not really comfortably in the healthy weight range.

Of course this is just a random healthy weight chart I found via google but it gives quite a good indication (although dont like it for telling me im slightly overweight, lol)

ReputationRep:
      I'm 5'5, and thus only very slightly underweight. Regardless, though, the poll starts far too high, as you can see from the number of votes for the first option.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dionysus)
      I'm 5'5, and thus only very slightly overweight. Regardless, though, the poll starts far too high, as you can see from the number of votes for the first option.
      Would never have imagined there would be so many guys under 11st, I would have thought nearly everyone would be in the 11-15st range, but there you go! the poll has informed me anew :p:

and I assume you mean underweight lol!
      • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
      CV Helper
      (Original post by singingsally1)
      http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk...ight/chart.htm

found this healthy weight chart. according to this 7.5 stone would only be in the normal range (just) if you are 5ft1 or under, and above it does say that when applied to men, you would still look slim at the top end of the healthy weight range. so depending on the guys height its VERY likely to be classed as underweight, perhaps severely. Although having said that 15st is very likely to be overweight unless you're 6ft5 or over. I do think it is subjective though because someone with a high muscle mass can be classed as overweight and thus 'unhealthy' despite being the opposite!

also more_adventurous, according to this chart 5ft 3 and 8 stone is just on the dividing line between underweight and healthy, so not really comfortably in the healthy weight range.

Of course this is just a random healthy weight chart I found via google but it gives quite a good indication (although dont like it for telling me im slightly overweight, lol)
      Your chart considers any BMI under 20 to be underweight. Generally, only BMIs under 18.5 are considered to be underweight. That is the guideline used by the World Health Organisation, too.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by singingsally1)
      and I assume you mean underweight lol!
      Yeah lol.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by more adventurous)
      Your chart considers any BMI under 20 to be underweight. Generally, only BMIs under 18.5 are considered to be underweight. That is the guideline used by the World Health Organisation, too.
      In the UK, we consider <20 to be sub-optimal.

Care to be taken using terms like underweight and normal when using BMIs.
      • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
      CV Helper
      By "we" do you mean "I"?

The UK government and the BBC Health site both consider a BMI of 18.5-25 to be "optimal."

ReputationRep:
      By we I mean the medical profession (and the OHCM I have on me desk).
      • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
      CV Helper
      You should inform the NHS of this new development.

ReputationRep:
      88 under 11 stone!! wow.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Artemidoros)
      88 under 11 stone!! wow.
      Nah...92!

They should all aspire to be fat like me.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Pav27)
      19, 6'4", 12 stone. Intend to get this down to about 11.2-11.5 stone, still got a bit of belly on me which I need to lose.

edit: slightly muscular build
      11.2 at 6ft 4 is underweight. You dont want to look like crouch

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by more adventurous)
      You should inform the NHS of this new development.
      I don't give a toss what the HNS have got wrong, it's not run medically.

Submit reply
    Turn on thread page Beta
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2009
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.